John Kettler

John Kettler's Omnibus Post

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Do my eyes deceive me or do you have multiple copies of some kits?

Almost all of them.  ;)

There are two kits in a lot of those boxes.....I generally buy a platoons worth of each type for WWII stuff, but just a single example of each type for modern stuff (those are stored elsewhere). 

I can't actually do any modelling right now, so I'm mostly gathering materiels (kits, aftermarket parts, paints, decals etc.) & researching subjects for when I have a bit more space (three workstations rather than just one) and much, much better lighting!  :blink:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Thanks to brother George, who clued me in about a YT channel called Battlefield Explorer, I have this treasure trove of a video to share with you. It's a tour of the fabulous Overloon Museum in The Netherlands. One of the remarkable things about it is it houses AFVs and other weapons destroyed there in that two week-long battle during WW II. But this museum goes way beyond the usual, because it has a huge collection of WW II US soft-skins, plus lots of Allied artillery, some German artillery and both the armored and the unarmored Dragon Wagon tank retriever. My family has a direct connection with the armored version, which was used to transport "Patton's navy" AKA the USN's Boat Two, which used LCMs to rock soup Patton's Third Army across river after river. Uncle George was a Motorman Machinist's Mate 3rd Class on an "M" boat. 

Regards,

John Kettler