PayPal order 'Process'

jpm224

I paid via PayPal but my order now says 'Processing' and I do not have a download link. Is there a delay with PayPal orders and if so is there a way to cancel and re-buy using a payment method that will allow for immediate download?

Edited by jpm224

Did get receipt from both paypal and battlefront. Have already filed a support ticket but it's very frustrating as I have a full weekend planned and was hoping to get time in tonight to play. First time i've ever had an issue with Battlefront's payment system. Hopefully it is resolved quickly.

55 minutes ago, jpm224 said:

Got an email confirmation showing the following:

CMSF1 Marines Module Upgrade 
Options:
Delivery Option : Digital Download Platform : Windows 
Download URL: 
There is no download for this product

No download anywhere.

That is for the module.  There is no download link because your download would have been for the base game.  It is a full installer.  All you get with the module is an activation code.

7 hours ago, sburke said:

That is for the module.  There is no download link because your download would have been for the base game.  It is a full installer.  All you get with the module is an activation code.

Also no link in the main upgrade confirmation:

Shipment # 1 - Download item - no shipping required $0.00
CMSF1-UPBG 
Activation Code(s):
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CMSF1 Base Game Upgrade 
Options:
Delivery : Download Only Platform : Windows
$15.00 
(Not Taxable)

I think I see the problem here:

My PayPal receipts show these as an "eCheck Payment", and says it usually takes 3-5 business days to complete. Why this is an "eCheck" and not automatic as with every other purchase I've made with PayPal, I don't know, but it's incredibly frustrating as I now would prefer to void the original transaction and just pay with a method where I can access my purchase instantly. Others have also said that their PayPal payment went through immediately?

I've opened a support ticket but haven't heard back yet, probably because it is a Sunday and still relatively early here in EST. Could someone from Battlefront please advise how I can cancel these stupid "eCheck" PayPal orders and re-order using my debit card or another immediately payment method?

29 minutes ago, jpm224 said:

Also no link in the main upgrade confirmation:

That is where the download link should be. Before you give up and wait for support check the My Orders page on your store account and view the details of that main upgrade order. The DL link should be there as well.

In the end support will get things sorted...

9 minutes ago, IanL said:

That is where the download link should be. Before you give up and wait for support check the My Orders page on your store account and view the details of that main upgrade order. The DL link should be there as well.

In the end support will get things sorted...

Yeah nothing there either. As per my previous post I suspect the PayPal "eCheck" payment is the issue here, as I can see the transaction also has not posted to my bank account yet either. Odd that I would receive the Battlefront receipts with no links and an activation code but oh well? Hopefully Battlefront can advise how I can cancel these and re-order with immediate payment.

Product Name Price Quantity Total
Shipment # 1 - Download item - no shipping required
Shipment status: Pending

CMSF1 Base Game Upgrade
CMSF1-UPBG 
Activation Code(s):
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

$15.00 
(Not Taxable)

On the phone with PayPal now trying to void the original transactions, but they're saying only Battlefront can do that...then hopefully I can just re-purchase using a different payment method? It's even more confusing because I did receive Activation Codes for both the base game upgrade and Marines module, but no download link!

Haven't heard back from support yet but I'm an impatient person 😐. What a nightmare.....

Highly recommend anyone to use ANYTHING OTHER THAN PAYPAL!

Edited by jpm224

39 minutes ago, jpm224 said:

Got the download link from support, and both codes for base game upgrade and marines module upgrade worked. Orders on battlefront store page now correctly show as 'Completed'. Thanks John/Battlefront! Please close thread

Very cool!  Yeah you just confirmed for me not to select paypal going forward.  I've kind of wondered about using it.

17 hours ago, sburke said:

Very cool!  Yeah you just confirmed for me not to select paypal going forward.  I've kind of wondered about using it.

I used paypal (coupled with my bank account through SEPA orso) without any issues. The order was initially listed as 'process', but I did receive an e-mail with download link. 

8 hours ago, Lethaface said:

I used paypal (coupled with my bank account through SEPA orso) without any issues. The order was initially listed as 'process', but I did receive an e-mail with download link. 

Same here but coupled with my credit card. After CMSF1 and the Marines Module I have bought everything with PayPal.

On December 9, 2018 at 12:29 PM, sburke said:

Don't let the OP's experiences put you off on PayPal. PayPal has a number of different options. For example, I have mine set to a credit card as default, but if I'm buying from a company that uses a different currency, then I use a direct bank draft to avoid the "Currency Conversion Fee" that credit card companies use to rip us off. I've never noticed the e-check option though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...