Mission Terrain Oddity

Holman

Just something I noticed:

I have been happily playing the first mission of the Task Force Thunder campaign, restarting a couple of times to try different openings, and yesterday I noticed something weird.

I had started a new campaign, then (I forget why) quit out to main menu and started again (turn-based, Iron mode like always).  This time, however, I noticed right from the beginning that all of the trenches were in the wrong place.  If you're an old CM hand, you know exactly how the trenches in that first mission are laid out,  but this time I could see that they were all at a weird diagonal from the usual setup, a series of parallel diagonal lines (like "/////") across the map rather than the usual pattern.

At first I wondered whether this was some new variable setup added by engine upgrades, but it quickly became clear that it was just a messy glitch.  Units also seemed to be out of place.

I exited out of the game (to desktop, not to main menu) and started the campaign again.  This time all was as expected, and I have been playing with no further issues.

Anyone else ever notice anything like this?  I report it just because it might be a new issue.