Civilian Density. Bug?

Civilian Density is a per-map setting, which used to provide "stealth" to Unconventional Forces who were acting unsuspiciously.  

In CMSF 1 under Very Heavy Civilian Density, it was possible to "Move" up to very close range with Combatants without being spotted:

CMSF1:
jGclznd.jpg

This doesn't seem to be the case anymore, which makes me curious as to what Civilian Density actually does now, and if this behaviour is intentional.

CMSF2:
ZxZ9IBM.jpg

With other testing, I've been unable to make this have any visible effect with weaponless spies, short covered arcs, maximum soft factors, paved road tiles, hugging buildings, only carrying the smallest weapons, etc.

This doesn't seem to be implemented? Or if it is implemented, it's doing something very different than CMSF 1, and it's definitely not clear what that is.

• 1 year later...

This may explain why I wasted the best part of a month trying to get scripts for tiny uncon units to work, utterly without success.  :rolleyes:

Can anybody confirm if this has been/will be fixed?  @IanL @BFCElvis @Battlefront.com?

And while you are at it, please give Uncons some Breach Teams!

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 12/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

Yep, I'm getting the same results.  I think maybe Battlefront forgot to flip the switch to turn on civilian density (or however that works with code).   

During testing I definitely found it working at one point. As, @domfluff mentioned I could get very close to blue without being detected or get picked off at a Km depending on the setting. Sounds like  @MOS:96B2P has a bug to log though. Bummer.