Rutek

Battlefront Official Briefing Templates for CMSF2

Welcome to the forum Rutek! This is a great place to learn. May isuggest that you check out the CM Shock Force 2 Maps and Mods forum. We have a lot of top-rated scenario and campaign designers on here. I believe there is a scenario design tutorial in the documents folder of CMSF2 also.

Good luck, and again, welcome aboard!

Those briefing maps were the work of one guy who doesn't really visit the forums. They start out as 2-D editor map screenshots with oddly colored placeholder terrain tiles. The magic involved beyond that to make the orders maps I cannot say.

41 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

You also don't need them to knock up briefing maps and images. I do all of my stuff in Powerpoint and Paint.

powerpoint...did you say powerpoint?   

Mattis on PP.jpg

Since this is somewhat related: The boxed version of CMSF1 had a map of Syria with all the forces involved in the fictional campaign and their operations depicted. Is this map somewhere in the documentation of the digital CMSF2 version? So far I haven't found it.

I have found a good map of Syria and it looks like the one that is used in the briefings of CMSF2 official scenario. I do not have Photoshop but Gimp. So, I can do few manipulations except the text. Based on CMBS briefings, I am preparing an unofficial briefing template.

8 hours ago, Rokko said:

Since this is somewhat related: The boxed version of CMSF1 had a map of Syria with all the forces involved in the fictional campaign and their operations depicted. Is this map somewhere in the documentation of the digital CMSF2 version? So far I haven't found it.

Good point. I thought that was going to be included in the distribution. It exists as a pdf. I'll ask.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:03 AM, MikeyD said:

Those briefing maps were the work of one guy who doesn't really visit the forums. 

@MikeyD is there a way to contact this person? I am reusing is work on CMBS2 without his authorization.