Old User made Missions & Campaigns

ebphoto

One of mine (Op BARRAS) had an issue with ditches being converted into wire fences. I've fixed it and the new variant will be up at the Scenario Depot soon. A point to note is that Shock Force didn't have water and bridges so designers mocked up bridges with embankments and low wall tiles and generally made the river out of marsh tiles. Therefore any user made content that you may have downloaded from the now defunct Repository or the Scenario Depot (or wherever) that has these mockups will retain those features (i.e., CMSF-2 will not automatically convert these features).

Ditches converted into wire fences? That's weird but I may have seen that happen once before, in the Brit scenario 'UK Desert Lancers'. I had assumed the fences were originally put in as erzats barbed wire so I replaced them with real barbed wire (with FOW trenches behind them). Most often CMSF1 trench/ditches seem to have survived the conversion.

4 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Ditches converted into wire fences? That's weird but I may have seen that happen once before, in the Brit scenario 'UK Desert Lancers'. I had assumed the fences were originally put in as erzats barbed wire so I replaced them with real barbed wire (with FOW trenches behind them). Most often CMSF1 trench/ditches seem to have survived the conversion.

Definitely - it was pointed out to me on another thread. I downloaded the SF-1 file that I had posted up to The Scenario Depot, cracked it open in the CMSF-2 editor and every single ditch was a wire fence. As I've said, I fixed that problem up, made a couple of other changes to that scenario and have now re-released it as a CMSF-2 compatible scenario. This is the new fixed scenario:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/category/cm-shock-force-2-2/cm-shock-force-2-scenarios/

This is the old one if you want to see if you can reproduce the problem:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-shock-force-2/cm-shock-force/op-barras-a-coy-1-para-sierra-leone/

Basically if you look straight ahead from the British set up zone you will see a whole bunch of fences on mud tiles. Those fences should be trenches.

It would seem that there have been other instances, I've seen a post elsewhere to this effect.