Pathfinding - BLAST order

Howler

Just adding to observations already made regarding the path finding. Just noticed a BLAST on a side of a structure without a door; resulted in the breach team BLASTING (as expected) yet running around to the other (not blasted) side of the structure in order to take the door (unexpected). Kind of takes the starch out of my attempt to mouse hole/breach. Thankfully, I can chuckle as no casualties were taken and play on. I did keep a save in case it's wanted.

My SOP is usually to quick to wall/side/thing to blast, face the direction to blast, pause ten, blast.

1 hour ago, Rujasu said:

Pathfinding in general is pretty wonky. Not sure if it's an issue exclusive to SF2 or if the heavily urban nature of it just amplifies things.

Case in point, below is a squad ordered to run into the building next to them, and what they ended up doing.

Screenshot 2018-12-07 08.43.21.png

Screenshot 2018-12-07 08.44.00.png

It looks like there is a 'junk' flavour object in front of the door. Flavour objects close to building entrances frequently cause this problem.

4 minutes ago, Howler said:

Looking at it again, there was a small pile of crates in front of the wall that was breached. Thanks @Combatintman. I wasn't aware it was that finicky.

It can be very fiddly indeed, to give yourself the best results, you should plot a waypoint just outside the entrance that you want your dudes to go through followed by the building itself. It is by no means foolproof though. The two biggest causes of this problem are an elevation change next to an entrance and as previously stated, a flavour object close to an entrance.

My upload privileges on this board don't allow me to show three captures illustrating the quirk but...

Snapshot one shows the order quick to wall; face; pause 10; blast (in the direction of the preceding FACE order)

Snapshot two clearly shows the team against the wall and evenly split around the crates (2 members each side) executing the sequence of orders.

Snapshot three shows the wall along with the crates blasted away. The team than proceeds to circle around to the side to gain entry through the door. It's a fine snapshot showing the team no longer split nor seemly  impeded by the crates previously located there.

I've blasted all manner of stuff spanning v0, v1, v3, v4 engines in both modern and WWII.

Steve had alluded to the path finding not considering paths appearing within a WEGO slice as the cause of some the reported issues.

PS Dear readers, please imagine each snapshot is beautifully staged and illustrating my points discussed above. 🙂

PSS I admit my ignorance of any free picture/snapshot hosting sites.