CM Helper for CMSF 2

6 minutes ago, Sgt_Grunt said:

I don't know why but it just will not recognise the install, I am using Who's Turn is it? instead, just miss the chat feature of CM Helper.

It doesn't 'recognize' the installs here either, but it does work (if tha'ts what you meant by recognized).

Screens of settings:

CMH.PNG.fe2e888ae588c607ac98dc6e7b64f107.PNG

CMH2.PNG.9af9ae3ed99820c2d45055fefd25b905.PNG

Ok, strange. Did you try selecting an individual game ('battle X') and than point it to the correct dropbox incoming/outgoing folder? On pc it is right click a game, 'edit game' and then select the appropriate dropbox folder.
If that doesn't work, there might be a slight difference between PC and Mac.

Edited by Lethaface

14 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Ok, strange. Did you try selecting an individual game ('battle X') and than point it to the correct dropbox incoming/outgoing folder? On pc it is right click a game, 'edit game' and then select the appropriate dropbox folder.
If that doesn't work, there might be a slight difference between PC and Mac.

Because is says not installed the CMSF 2 game in the incoming/outgoing folders don't even show up. Even tried adding a game from the add game option in the menu bar, but because the CMSF 2 installation is not listed the only option you get is to add as one of the other installation listed such as CMBS, but it puts the incoming and outgoing files in the CMBS folders. Whose Turn is it works perfectly, so looks like I will be using this from now on, just shame I can't use the chat facility. I am sure GreenasJade will update CM Helper when he has time, please?

On 12/8/2018 at 8:06 AM, Sgt_Grunt said:

I don't know why but it just will not recognise the install, I am using Who's Turn is it? instead, just miss the chat feature of CM Helper.

I have a new version in the works that will and it will support chatting.

In the meantime you can override the game files directory to get it to work. Go to the preferences and edit the Shock Force 2 entry and manually change the game files directory.

2 hours ago, IanL said:

In the meantime you can override the game files directory to get it to work. Go to the preferences and edit the Shock Force 2 entry and manually change the game files directory.

Ian,

Your software works perfectly already just liked the chat feature of CM Helper. But good news that you will be able to chat on the new version of Whose Turn is it.

On December 7, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Vet 0369 said:

I don't Remember the version number, but I'm using the same program for both Windows 10 and MacOS 10.13.XX. I simply copied the program from the Mac to the PC. I did have to manually set the CMSF2 Demo though.

Actually, I think I'm wrong about using CM Helper. I think I'm using H2H version 2.5.

23 hours ago, Sgt_Grunt said:

Ian,

Your software works perfectly already just liked the chat feature of CM Helper. But good news that you will be able to chat on the new version of Whose Turn is it.

Oh I miss ready your post. I thought you were having trouble with WTII. I am just fighting with the install for the Mac and then I have a bunch of writing to do.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:33 AM, Sgt_Grunt said:

Because is says not installed the CMSF 2 game in the incoming/outgoing folders don't even show up. Even tried adding a game from the add game option in the menu bar, but because the CMSF 2 installation is not listed the only option you get is to add as one of the other installation listed such as CMBS, but it puts the incoming and outgoing files in the CMBS folders. Whose Turn is it works perfectly, so looks like I will be using this from now on, just shame I can't use the chat facility. I am sure GreenasJade will update CM Helper when he has time, please?

I have exactly the same problem on my MacBook.

Can't even fake it out by creating it under another name.  Doesn't see install at all.

Is there an answer or are we done?

Regards,

Doug

20 hours ago, IanL said:

Oh I miss ready your post. I thought you were having trouble with WTII. I am just fighting with the install for the Mac and then I have a bunch of writing to do.

What? Really? That’s AWESOME! I’ve been looking forward to that for ages as CMH just is wonky on my Mac.

3 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

What? Really? That’s AWESOME! I’ve been looking forward to that for ages as CMH just is wonky on my Mac.

Cool - I'll tap you for some testing then. But I still have no worked out how to include a Java runtime with my app. If I cannot get there the requirement to install the JRE separately will still be there. Just to set expectations :)

3 hours ago, BadgerDog said:

I can't seem to get "Who's Turn It?" to work on my Macbook Pro.

It seems to set up ok, but never actually moves files between my local game files to my shared Dropbox with mu opponent.

Does anyone have any MAC screen pics as to how the directories setup should look like?

I don't have any screen shots myself, but if you got to "thefewgoodmen.com" (I don't know if you have to belong to the few good men, many of us on this Forum do, but the Site is definitely worth it), go to the home page, and from there go to the Forums. There is a dedicated thread on how to install, setup, and use CMH version 1.7.5 and 1.7.6 beta, with screen shots, on both the PC, and the Mac.

17 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

I don't have any screen shots myself, but if you got to "thefewgoodmen.com" (I don't know if you have to belong to the few good men, many of us on this Forum do, but the Site is definitely worth it), go to the home page, and from there go to the Forums. There is a dedicated thread on how to install, setup, and use CMH version 1.7.5 and 1.7.6 beta, with screen shots, on both the PC, and the Mac.

Thanks.... will do

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2018 at 9:22 AM, IanL said:

H Ian.  😃

I have a current MacBook Pro running OSX Mojave

Any idea when your updated version of WTII will be ready?  I'd also volunteer for beta testing if you'd like.

Regards,
Doug