Where is tech support?

Have reinstalled after years of being away. I tried to download and install CMBN commonwealth over the new version 4 but it crashed and had to reinstall.

Help, s'il vous plait.

The pic below is the version of CMBN CW bundle on my account download page. So do I have to re-purchase my CW bundle to version four?

Clipboard01c.jpg

Edited by chas_in_mlb

2 hours ago, chas_in_mlb said:

I tried to download and install CMBN commonwealth over the new version 4

Yeah things have changed. Back in v1 when you first bough the game you had to install the game and then install each module on top of it. Starting with upgrade 3 BFC started  doing things differently. Now when you buy the game you download the full install - everything and then you can activate the game and any modules you bought.

So, in your case if you have the CMBN Commonwealth bundle and you are upgraded to v4 then you should download the full v4 installer (what you have now is likely pooched) and once you have installed you will need (I think from my memory) your original bundle key, and the v4 upgrade key. After entering those you should be up and running.

Licensing issues are something you need to ask support for (https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/) but several of us here can help with overall process questions - since we have been through it too.

Thanks, y'all. So do I download my purchased version of CW bundle and apply upgrades then? Do I download and install the CW bundle and apply upgrades? I'm unsure because my current version of CMBN shows ver. 4. 

I think that it's extremely shi**y that they keep charging for upgrades.

Edited by chas_in_mlb

1 hour ago, chas_in_mlb said:

And I think that is is extremely puerile of you to hurl expletives at Steve and the boys in the band. But, you have a choice about paying for updates or not. Whereas, I had no choice. It was there staring me in the face.

2 hours ago, chas_in_mlb said:

I don't understand this statement.  Maybe definitions are being confused.  

Patches fix things in the game.  Battlefront does not charge for patches.  If they did I could see a point to the above quoted statement. 

By upgrades I think you mean modules and engine improvements.  Modules and engine improvements add to the game so of course cost money.  I think it is fair and expected that they charge for modules and engine upgrades.  I guess people could argue about how much they should charge but most reasonable people would probably agree that they should charge something.  I'm surprised at how little they charge for modules and engine improvements.  And as my friend @Warts 'n' all said, unlike him, you do have a choice.   

3 hours ago, chas_in_mlb said:

Thanks, y'all. So do I download my purchased version of CW bundle and apply upgrades then? Do I download and install the CW bundle and apply upgrades? I'm unsure because my current version of CMBN shows ver. 4. 

OK if your CMBN shows version 4 then it should have all the modules on your HD and all you need to do is activate the CW module with the key.

3 hours ago, chas_in_mlb said:

LOL this thread now has a high chance to take a nose dive once the usual suspects show up. The bottom line is the choice would be no upgrades and CMBN (as an example) would have never had new features added and just be left behind just the way CMBO was. The upgrade mechanism means that CMBN is just as modern a game as CMFB is. You pay a small amount and the old games get the new features they added in newer games. I completely fail to understand these objections. No one is making anyone buy the upgrade if you don't like the features don't by. Many of us who are happy the upgrade is offered - as I said the alternative is to leave the old games old. Please understand that we like to have the choice to buy - and you also have the choice to skip buying.

9 hours ago, mjkerner said:

At the end of the day, when BFC throws CMx2 products our way, do any of us really, truly have a choice? God/Jehova/Allah/Darwin may have given us free will but, sadly, Steve and Charles have not.

LOL yeah really.  Did I have a choice on whether or not to move from CMSF1 to CMSF2?  Yeah sure THEORETICALLY.  But once I saw those new model pixeltruppen doing a target briefly and the AI doing a retreat... hell no!  You bastards made me buy it!!!!