Semper Fi Campaign glitch

On 12/12/2018 at 6:39 AM, Lille Fiskerby said:

In the CMSF 2 Semper Fi, Syria, campaign mission: "Flirting with disaster" no reinforcements arrive. Only elements of the CAAT platoon is on map at the start of the mission, no artillery either.

Makes the mission VERY difficult 😄

Also in this mission my TOW Humvee crews are not able to move when dismounted. Was the first time in the campaign I was trying to dismount them so this could be a general issue.

How are you guys playing the marines module, have I missed a patch or is there another work around?  The game is telling me the Semper Fi and stand alone USMC battles need the Marines module (which I have activated).  

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by Placebo

1 hour ago, Placebo said:

How are you guys playing the marines module, have I missed a patch or is there another work around?  The game is telling me the Semper Fi and stand alone USMC battles need the Marines module (which I have activated).  

Any help would be appreciated

Did you buy your original CMSF1 and Marines module separately or as a package? You need to enter your original CMSF1 Marines module activation key and your CMSF2 Marines module activation key, the same as the base CMSF2 game. If that doesn't work, send a ticket to Support. They will help straighten out the problem.

In the NATO scenario 'De hinderlaag SF2' the Dutch platoon HQ's don't have radio's. I did see some reports about radio's for the Dutch in split squads, but not sure whether this has been reported yet. I'd like to think the Dutch platoon HQ's did have some radio's back in 2008 ;-).

On 12/12/2018 at 7:39 AM, Lille Fiskerby said:

In the CMSF 2 Semper Fi, Syria, campaign mission: "Flirting with disaster" no reinforcements arrive. Only elements of the CAAT platoon is on map at the start of the mission, no artillery either.

Makes the mission VERY difficult 😄

Same here. Waiting for 20 mins now

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 5:51 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Quick update.

We're still tweaking a few things for v2.01, but we're nearly there.  Not only does it include the updated Semper Fi campaign, but quite a few other fixes.  And yes, Dutch do have radios now :)

Steve

Was playing with some dutch forces today, but it seems not all of them got radio's now. From a QB I selected the 'Mech Inf battalion medium'. The platoon HQ's don't seem to have radio's they can use. The Company HQ's do (I'm on 2.01).

1395892238_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2019_01.13-15_28_50_04.thumb.png.f7c4bad20b5740d818cd7abad260c414.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, Euri said:

1.Has the reinforcement issue in Semper Fi "Flirting for Disaster" been fixed in the latest patch?

2. If so, would one have to replay the campaign from the beginning or just start the specific mission from the beginning

Apologies to bring this back. Is there a definitive answer on the questions above? I would like to revert to the Marines Campaign, but if I were to start it over, I would hate it to be a "Deja vu all over again" 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings, 

just a litte question right here, is there any fix for the Semper Fi, Syria at the horizon? The 60mm Mortars are missing in every Mission so far and also in Mission 6 The Hornets nest also the 155mm Battery is empty,... i really like the Campaign but at "The Flank Guard" it really stressed to get bombarded 50mins and no chace for arty. 

Still SF2 is amazing work and i have much fun with that but always wrong or missing support is a bit ,... pain in the arse

Edited by headbreaker_ger

• 1 month later...

I am not sure wheter this is a bug or my lack of understanding: But yesterday I was inspecting the battlefield after the battle was won, and I looked at this enemy HQ unit. How does the info panel below match up with the troops that I see in 3D? The two unharmed soldiers in the info panel match up with the two guys on the right. But these four guys on the left are not the three casualties from the info panel? Yet they are seemingly grouped with this HQ team.

ShockForce2-AfterAction.jpg

Kevin, if you double-clicked on the Platoon HQ, the whole platoon will light up. Well, I should qualify that, since I rarely do battle post-mordems anymore.  The whole platoon will light up during the game when you do that, and I *think* it's the same when you do post-mordems.

10 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Kevin, if you double-clicked on the Platoon HQ, the whole platoon will light up. Well, I should qualify that, since I rarely do battle post-mordems anymore.  The whole platoon will light up during the game when you do that, and I *think* it's the same when you do post-mordems.

Yes that crossed my mind before. So I actually tried that yesterday with another Quick Battle after action. But it seemed to me that it just selected HQ at that time... Will check again...

I checked it again in an after battle review situation:

Mouse-clicking once on the HQ selects  just the HQ, and not the other teams under their leadership.

Mouse-double-clicking on the HQ selects the HQ and the other teams under their leadership. BUT at that point the green markers of just the HQ unit become noticably larger in size and a bit brighter.

So my screenshot still shows something which is not in line with that. Also I am pretty sure I wasn't double-clicking there.