Semper Fi Campaign glitch

16 minutes ago, Mattis said:

Btw, Squarehead you seem to be the master of the CM editor. Is it possible to put Marines into a NATO Module German G-Class jeep to get a basically perfect Marines IFAV?

This can get weird. There are some oddities at play in moving teams into vehicles.  I have played around trying to mount troops in vehicles and dismounting the inherent crews.  First off you have to worry about the team size versus vehicle capability, but in addition you run into weird stuff during a scenario

example I mounted a 5 member team into a mk 19 hummv.  At start of scenario it is fine. They drive to where I tell them to and then dismount.  Then I find I want them to remount....and they can’t. There seems to a difference in mounting a team as part of the initial set up phase and commands later in the battle that can have unexpected consequences. 

Edited by sburke

I did this in battle. It worked. I just need to leave the vehicles dismounted at the beginning otherwise the former crews return into their vehicles. The German ones look pretty identical to the Marines ones (there is just the minor German flag on the plate but this can easily be modified) Marines can mount and dismount all day without help 😀. Damn I love it.

a2.thumb.jpg.04eaab96e1f01440ddb90d606992657d.jpg

Edited by Mattis

19 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Since I have the stage, I'll say that v2.01 is nearing completion.  It contains one pretty significant bug fix (some on-map mortars can't be called in by other units) and the updated Semper Fi campaign.  There's a pretty good number of very small tweaks to correct minor/aesthetic issues that you guys found.

Steve

I wonder if there is any point for CM:SF2 "complete" owners to keep a backup of the current Semper Fi campaign, in order to have a version of the campaign with more variety of props.

1 hour ago, Kevin2k said:

SMALL BUG REPORT: Quick Battle map "Desert Town 592x208" has one high building of 5 storeys, but it has no doors. Infantry cannot enter it.

Could be representing a water tower or something similar. Is it labeled at all as a landmark? It could say "water tower." Check to make sure you have landmarks toggled on: alt + L

Doors are on the top floor. Therefore, your men need to embark on their M40 “Ali Baba” Air Transport Carpet (Magic) first. Important to place the waypoint immediately adjacent to the door, though, since a 5 floor free fall will, at the least, cause your squad to be “Broken.” This could be countered by first employing your M1 WB/MM (Warner Brothers/Merry Melodies) Snake Charmer, which of course will extend a rope straight up from the Action Square in which it is located, allowing your men to rappel to the ground should you screw up placement of the M40 ATC(M). You’ll find all this in the Manual.

Oh, don’t forget, the doorways may, in fact, be guarded by an M2 LT (Looney Tunes)Hassan Chop unit, armed with a huge scimitar (the big sword type, not that silly vehicle those British people run around in). Dicey (literally) in close quarters.

I hope that helps, Kevin. Strangely, I feel the need to go watch some cartoons.

1 hour ago, Kevin2k said:

CMSF2_desert-town-592x208.png.2dcc59f68b2dcf3407422a06f8335337.png

I don't see any landmark text above it. Attached a picture of the tower and the confused syrian soldiers which were ordered to enter.

That Mosque be borked!  ;)

Assuming this sort of thing isn't part of a campaign it's always a very simple fix in the editor.....How complex depends on how complex you want your mosque, here's a quick fix I made for it (This took all of eight mouse clicks in total IIRC):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i3l4x5hhey4hd0/Desert Town (592 X 208) 296m (Mosque Fixed).btt?dl=0

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

3 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

They must have stolen that from the Seabees.

:D

Michael

Nah, we didn't have to. Believe it or not, the WWII SeaBees started out being trained by Marines, wore Marine uniforms, and I believe were actually referred to as Marines until the Navy took them back. That is one of the reasons the Marines have such high respect for the "Construction Battalion" CBs (get it, huh get it? CBs = SeaBees,) It's not just because the SeaBees can build and ice cream factory and a brewery in the middle of the desert.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, Splinty said:

They are ballistic glasses and are required uniform items.

No wonder my Stryker soldiers have such a hard time hitting anything. Marines might be too dumb to come in out of the rain, but they're smart enough to take off sunglasses before sunrise so they can see to eliminate the enemy!

Sad to see units removed from the campaign😑

Would it be possible to ad all Syrian units to the base game?

I think most customers would buy the modules for the new campaigns and western units anyway.

Thanks for the update to SF2. Had no problems with the install!

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, Kevin2k said:

@IanL, Yes I will try it that way.

SMALL BUG REPORT: Quick Battle map "Desert Town 592x208" has one high building of 5 storeys, but it has no doors. Infantry cannot enter it.

Checked this out and made the fix...door is now inside the attached single story bldg... the corrected map will be in the next CMSF2 patch.  But here's a zip copy now

Desert Town (592 X 208) 296m.zip

Edited by MarkEzra
added zip file