Semper Fi Campaign glitch

Jeez Steve I mean if you ask the Marines they dont need anyones help at all ever ;) in fact the marines seem to think the other services just get in the way (i kid. Sort of.)

P.s. in respect of the marines as everyone knows my dad was a career AF officer. When I was considering enlisting at 17 to go into the infantry I was leaning towards the army but the marines are quintessential infantry nowadays - Ill always remember my fathers advice to go into the Army because the Marines would probably be a little too extreme for me. LOL that spoke volumes about his respect for but also opinion of the fanatical discipline and standards the Marines proudly hold themselves to.  My father knew me too well - that wouldnt hace worked. Obviously the enlisting didnt work but thats waaay OT.

Cant wait to use my OIF era Marines again

I don't know how it is now, but historically, Marines used to love campaigning with the Army. The Army had the most, latest, and best equipment, food, beer and hard liquor, weapons, etc.; for a little while at least. When the 1st Marine Division landed on Guadalcanal, they carried the Model 1903A1 bolt action Springfield. Within a month after the Army (actually National Guard I believe) landed, most Marines had M1 Garands, no one knows how though because M1s weren't in the Marine Corps inventory at that time. The Marine Corps should have a Military Occupational Specialty number (MOS) for our scroungers. Marines in Vietnam loved following the Army because they could pick up everything the soldiers threw away to lighten their loads. The Army has gotten a bad rap when operating with Marines because Marines are much more powerful and trained differently than soldiers.

We are self-sufficient with our own armor, artillery, and close air support that constantly train with the Grunts; something we call Combined Arms. Basically, we don't necessarily think the other services get in the way (we need our taxi drivers), we just trust our own Support Services more than anyone else's.

When I was in Artillery Officer Basic School at Fort Sill, after many classes, some Marine lieutenant or captain would say, "OK, after class I want to see all the Marines in the corner and I'll explain what of all this nice stuff we DON'T have."  

Marines attend artillery school at Fort Sill with the Army. I had the fun of living on the floor of the BOQ where ALL the Marines lived. We had a blast. Great guys. Lots of inter service rivalry but all in good fun. Most of all, I want them on my side.

Me too😀

a friend of mine was a cannon cocker in Vietnam. He told me they’d get a fire mission to fire a star burst at a specific location. He’d turn to his gun crew and say, “We’ll, looks like Recon’s lost again!”

We in the military are like a family; we might fight among ourselves, but if someone from outside the family jumps one of our brothers, the rest of us will “Read them from the book!”

15 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Me too😀

a friend of mine was a cannon cocker in Vietnam. He told me they’d get a fire mission to fire a star burst at a specific location. He’d turn to his gun crew and say, “We’ll, looks like Recon’s lost again!”

We in the military are like a family; we might fight among ourselves, but if someone from outside the family jumps one of our brothers, the rest of us will “Read them from the book!”

Amen!

@Vet 0369. Of course you guys love campaign8ng with the army, marine memoirs and guys I talked to are replete with stories of stealin er scrounging endless amounts of army stuff =p

And of course i meant inter service rivalry not like hatred or anything.- im genuinely surprised if anyone thought I implied the military services all wouldnt go balls to the wall for any American given a shot, let alone fellow military.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:41 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Heh... never thought of a Spy grabbing stuff via Buddy Aid.  Learn something new every day :D

Yes, all the models and textures were reworked.  The Soldiers, in particular, were a major overhaul.

Steve

Uh oh, the SF2 AI have become self-teaching, SKYNET protocol initiated....time to head for the bunker!😲 😱

5 hours ago, Sublime said:

@Vet 0369

And of course i meant inter service rivalry not like hatred or anything.- im genuinely surprised if anyone thought I implied the military services all wouldnt go balls to the wall for any American given a shot, let alone fellow military.

Don't know why you say you are surprised. No one above implied anything but respect for the other services, and just good natured ribbing, which comes with almost everything in the military. It's pretty obvious from the subsequent comments no one thought you implied anything like that.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:41 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Heh... never thought of a Spy grabbing stuff via Buddy Aid.  Learn something new every day :D

You should read my peculiar threads more often.....I can confirm they will tool up with the best weapons they can find from their own side, I wound up with a certain KGB 'Major Putin' running around pseudo-Herat with a RPK-74, his buddy had an AK with a GL and a third spy grabbed a PPSh!  :o

Here's one from my first ever CM:A scenario with what looks like a FN Fal:

duwRLgu.jpg

I've actually got a scenario concept based on this very idea (and on a picture from IIRC @LongLeftFlank) in which the player ONLY has spies with which to take revenge on the invader after an army patrol is taken out by an airstrike.  :ph34r:

Buddy Aid is a cool concept, it could be expanded in some very interesting ways.....Uncons could finish off wounded enemy units and steal their gear, conventional units could take wounded enemies prisoner after providing buddy Aid etc. etc.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 12/6/2018 at 5:35 PM, sburke said:

I'll select blast, place the way point and it becomes a quick command.  I then have to change it to blast.  You can tell immediately as the color for the path goes yellow instead of red.

This happened to me just yesterday, but it was the first time I had ever seen it.

Michael

Not sure if this has been noted yet, but in the first mission of the campaign there is a destroyed Shilka on the map. I know that the Shilka was an asset that was added in the NATO module, so this might help explain why the NATO module is currently needed for the Marine campaign. 

@Imperial Grunt I think you might be the right person to bring attention to this. 

On 12/12/2018 at 12:39 AM, Lille Fiskerby said:

In the CMSF 2 Semper Fi, Syria, campaign mission: "Flirting with disaster" no reinforcements arrive. Only elements of the CAAT platoon is on map at the start of the mission, no artillery either.

Makes the mission VERY difficult 😄

We checked into it and didn't see an issue.  Reinforcements in this case do have a variable window of time to appear, but the appear to be set up correctly.  How many minutes did you play without seeing the reinforcements?

3 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Not sure if this has been noted yet, but in the first mission of the campaign there is a destroyed Shilka on the map. I know that the Shilka was an asset that was added in the NATO module, so this might help explain why the NATO module is currently needed for the Marine campaign. 

@Imperial Grunt I think you might be the right person to bring attention to this. 

Yup!  That was one of the spots that incorrectly caused the requirement of NATO.  There's a few other mobile AA assets that were scattered throughout that had to be removed.

Since I have the stage, I'll say that v2.01 is nearing completion.  It contains one pretty significant bug fix (some on-map mortars can't be called in by other units) and the updated Semper Fi campaign.  There's a pretty good number of very small tweaks to correct minor/aesthetic issues that you guys found.

Steve

Steve, Semper Fi campaign; Recon Scout/Snipers, the Asst Ldrs are equipped with M-302s that weren't in the inventory in 2008. I haven't been able to check the rest of the Scout/Snipers in the other Semper Fi missions, because I'm still in the first mission.

Also, USMC A day at the Beach, the initial landing party of Combat Engineers and FOs are wearing sun glasses at 0550. It's kinda dark for sunglasses unless they're "Hollywood" Marines from Camp Pendelton, CA.😎 But at least they have the correct grenade launchers.

Edited by Vet 0369

On December 12, 2018 at 12:39 AM, Lille Fiskerby said:

In the CMSF 2 Semper Fi, Syria, campaign mission: "Flirting with disaster" no reinforcements arrive. Only elements of the CAAT platoon is on map at the start of the mission, no artillery either.

Makes the mission VERY difficult 😄

The basic Marine attitude is "The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer."

48 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yup!  That was one of the spots that incorrectly caused the requirement of NATO.  There's a few other mobile AA assets that were scattered throughout that had to be removed.

Since I have the stage, I'll say that v2.01 is nearing completion.  It contains one pretty significant bug fix (some on-map mortars can't be called in by other units) and the updated Semper Fi campaign.  There's a pretty good number of very small tweaks to correct minor/aesthetic issues that you guys found.

Steve

Awesome!

35 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

It's kinda dark for sunglasses unless they're "Hollywood" Marines from Camp Pendelton, CA.😎

I think Gunny Highway would agree with you. Some sage environmental advice as well. Couldn't help myself 🤣

9 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

We checked into it and didn't see an issue.  Reinforcements in this case do have a variable window of time to appear, but the appear to be set up correctly.  How many minutes did you play without seeing the reinforcements?

After one hour and two minutes no reinforcements had arrived. Then I hit the cease fire button.

8 hours ago, gumby7 said:

Is there an update on making the semper fi campaign available to people who paid for it?

Just a few posts back...

11 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

15 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Also, USMC A day at the Beach, the initial landing party of Combat Engineers and FOs are wearing sun glasses at 0550. It's kinda dark for sunglasses unless they're "Hollywood" Marines from Camp Pendelton, CA.😎 But at least they have the correct grenade launchers.

They are ballistic glasses and are required uniform items.

On 12/11/2018 at 9:46 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You should read my peculiar threads more often.....I can confirm they will tool up with the best weapons they can find from their own side, I wound up with a certain KGB 'Major Putin' running around pseudo-Herat with a RPK-74, his buddy had an AK with a GL and a third spy grabbed a PPSh!  :o

Here's one from my first ever CM:A scenario with what looks like a FN Fal:

I've actually got a scenario concept based on this very idea (and on a picture from IIRC @LongLeftFlank) in which the player ONLY has spies with which to take revenge on the invader after an army patrol is taken out by an airstrike.  :ph34r:

Buddy Aid is a cool concept, it could be expanded in some very interesting ways.....Uncons could finish off wounded enemy units and steal their gear, conventional units could take wounded enemies prisoner after providing buddy Aid etc. etc.

Btw, Squarehead you seem to be the master of the CM editor. Is it possible to put Marines into a NATO Module German G-Class jeep to get a basically perfect Marines IFAV?

Edited by Mattis