Semper Fi Campaign glitch

As some of you have noticed, the Marines Module's Semper Fi Campaign in fact requires both Marines and NATO modules.  Obviously that's not right, as the Marines do not need NATO's help :)

At the last minute there was a rebuild of the Red forces in Semper Fi to fix a specific problem.  I suspect that introduced the issue.  Finding the problem is a little cumbersome, but it won't take long to fix.  Expect it to be available as a separate download very soon.  We'll then work it into the installers so everybody else (and future reinstalls) will be all set.

Thanks!

Steve

I'll lay odds there's a single other-module truck sitting on a map somewhere. We chased down several of those in revamped standalone scenarios before release. Its so easy to forget that LMVT truck, AA pickup or the Zil truck didn't come with the basegame.

Edited by MikeyD

Hi All, I don't think this little reply/post deserves its own post title - and since its a 'glitch' (I think) I thought id mention it here. In a single battle scenario. Cleaning House. the mission where to take three Obj, and the Hospital. I noticed when I select the Blast command... the pixeltruppen seem to do a 'Quick Run' as opposed to blast. Anyone slipped on this ? Can anyone verify ? 10x guys. 

And whilst on the topic. AWESOME WORK BFC ! I was sold the minute I heard flies zooming around my ears in the middle of heat :)

39 minutes ago, borg said:

Hi All, I don't think this little reply/post deserves its own post title - and since its a 'glitch' (I think) I thought id mention it here. In a single battle scenario. Cleaning House. the mission where to take three Obj, and the Hospital. I noticed when I select the Blast command... the pixeltruppen seem to do a 'Quick Run' as opposed to blast. Anyone slipped on this ? Can anyone verify ? 10x guys. 

And whilst on the topic. AWESOME WORK BFC ! I was sold the minute I heard flies zooming around my ears in the middle of heat :)

I have actually seen this quite often and not in a specific scenario or title.  I'll select blast, place the way point and it becomes a quick command.  I then have to change it to blast.  You can tell immediately as the color for the path goes yellow instead of red.

6 minutes ago, sburke said:

I have actually seen this quite often and not in a specific scenario or title.  I'll select blast, place the way point and it becomes a quick command.  I then have to change it to blast.  You can tell immediately as the color for the path goes yellow instead of red.

Precisely ! How do u change it then ? 🤔 I cannot figure it out yet.

I've been merrily  'blasting' things very successfully, even convinced the AI to use the command on a couple occasions. But the last time I did it the waypoint converted to Quick. I think if the waypoint is too distant and the guys can figure out an alternate route to get there they'll take it. My successful 'blast' commands were placed one action square over on the same side of the wall as the troops. So they wouldn't be looking for building entrances.

Edited by MikeyD

tried to create a test set up with a few buildings and mout teams - no dice worked every time.  Then went back to a scenario I know I have seen it on- Circle the wagons the Marine 5th Assault squad.  Gave them a command to run up to a building and then blast a hole - sure enough yellow line on the blast  I'll do some more and see if I can nail down any possible reason why I can recreate it there.

If the waypoint is too distant yeah it does convert , but this is an adjacent position with regular terrain.

Yeah it seems that I can recreate it on a test scenario with that specific unit  -  The assault squad from a Marine Platoon.  Not sure about others yet.

Edited by sburke

40 minutes ago, borg said:

Thanks @sburke 👍🏻

A very quick bonus question pls. I haven’t played all scenarios yet 😬 though I intend to have a nice weekend ahead. Are their any ‘civilians ‘ in game ? Or spies. That are unarmed - but can become armed . 

no civilians.  there are spies, basically an unarmed combatant that given high civilian density and staying put can be hard to spot.  I don't think I have yet had one acquire a weapon, but I suspect if they buddy aid someone they could do so.  Better off not being armed though.  The IED guys can also be difficult to spot and will generally hold fire fairly well.

Yep, spies can buddy aid weapons (I've only seen them take assault rifles not sure if they can take an RPG or MMG).  If the spy does take a weapon and you don't want the spy to give himself away, by using it, he will need a small 360o Target Arc.  With civilian density set to very heavy spies can Move very close to a checkpoint before being noticed :ph34r:.  However only the human player controlled spy has the Move command.  All AI assigned movement commands are at the double time which is considered suspicious and negates the civilian density setting some (not clear on how much yet).  The AI will also crawl when very tired however this is also considered suspicious activity.  A human controlled spy can be given the Move command and calmly walk very close to a checkpoint or group of OpFor troops.  And if the spy has an assault rifle.........:o.     

In past games, that I've played, all the spies I've encountered (A.I) are single, dressed in civilian garb with a walkie-talkie. They, usually, disappear (vanish) as soon as your troops become adjacent or next to their map hex. I've never heard or saw any combat action from or against them. You'll know they're around when you suddenly start taking harassment fire from enemy arty, when sneaking through an orchard or passing by a destroyed house, in the middle of nowhere, before you get to your preplanned observation point.

The only other purpose, that I've observed, for single spies to be in the game is to be positioned in a residence overlooking a chokepoint where a massive IED has been placed and the only way to trigger it is manually by the spy when you get close enough to the IED. When I start seeing taxicabs left hurriedly about, I think of two things (1) there are unconventional forces lying in wait, or, (2) there is somebody manning a wired IED in my area. 

I am not done reading through all the posts yet, but I have just had a helicopter knocked out in the scenario where you choose between route Tiger and Eagle

I believe the scenario is called "break out"

there is at least one AA vehicle in the area of OBJ Route Eagle...

since all AA vehicles are part of another module (I seem to remember reading that somewhere) this might fix the issue?

SRY if I am too late with this info - but as soon as I found I remembered this post and figured I'd report it right away

Edited by solinvictus202

2 hours ago, Ch53dVet said:

In past games, that I've played, all the spies I've encountered (A.I) are single, dressed in civilian garb with a walkie-talkie. They, usually, disappear (vanish) as soon as your troops become adjacent or next to their map hex. I've never heard or saw any combat action from or against them. 

Very cool what the game can do.  

A spy does buddy aid.  During buddy aid he obtained an assault rifle, binoculars and hand grenades.

r0PeqYDh.jpg

Later he takes out an XO team with the assault rifle and hand grenades. 

8cXZVwBh.jpg

MO30hlzh.jpg

And here he is with the binoculars looking for his next victims..........

5lykEYph.jpg

COOL, COOL game.  :) 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

13 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Very cool what the game can do.  

A spy does buddy aid.  During buddy aid he obtained an assault rifle, binoculars and hand grenades.

r0PeqYDh.jpg

Later he takes out an XO team with the assault rifle and hand grenades. 

8cXZVwBh.jpg

MO30hlzh.jpg

And here he is with the binoculars looking for his next victims..........

5lykEYph.jpg

COOL, COOL game.  :) 

THIS SIR, is nothing short of amazing. Really. 

Happy weekend folks ! 

When can we get Zero Dark Thirty in SF2 ? @Combatintman 😇