Sgt.Squarehead

Afghanistan - The Current Situation

This article, from 'Military Times' (who IMHO should know better) is a complete & utter basket-case:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/09/19/why-failure-to-reintegrate-tens-of-thousands-of-ex-taliban-fighters-is-dangerous/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB 09.20.19&utm_term=Editorial - Military - Early Bird Brief

Apparently SIGAR is somehow hoping to persuade 60 thousand plus Taliban to 'reintegrate'.....With the losing side!  :rolleyes:

Utterly delusional!  :blink:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

...persuade 60 thousand plus Taliban to 'reintegrate'.....With the losing side!   Utterly delusional!  :blink:

Sounds like a typical immigration challenge everywhere.  If you can't get people from the same country to integrate (with their own countrymen), how can one expect people from another country to do so.

This article, ironically from the same source, seems a lot more realistic:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/09/18/former-seal-socom-boss-mcraven-says-were-going-to-be-in-afghanistan-for-a-very-long-time/

It's an absolutely terrible idea of course, but it's still a lot more realistic than 'reintegrating' sixty thousand Taliban.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 1/21/2020 at 11:07 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It has been their position pretty much from the get-go - no surprises there really.  I will probably have some vaguely interesting days at the office this year.

Ok thanks.  Since one cannot load CMSF1 save games into CMSF2 am trying to finish some of the longer CMSF1 campaigns I was in the middle or near the end of before I permanently go over to CMSF2.

Having a lot of trouble with Mission 13 from the otherwise xnt "Road to Dinas" ( by Paper Tiger I think).  :(

Edited by Erwin