How come no anti-air for US other than stingers?

Apache

Asking this as much about RL as the game but red forces can call on the Tunguska (which for me largely means deploying no drones or air strikes until I can find and kill the damn things) but the US side seems stuck with Stingers which, while at times effective, have nowhere near the accuracy or kill rates of OPFOR AA vehicles.  Do the US / NATO not have similar weapons?  Seems odd that with the millions of dollars worth of AFVs often deployed in CMBS that Stingers are the best you can call on.

16 minutes ago, Apache said:

Asking this as much about RL as the game but red forces can call on the Tunguska (which for me largely means deploying no drones or air strikes until I can find and kill the damn things) but the US side seems stuck with Stingers which, while at times effective, have nowhere near the accuracy or kill rates of OPFOR AA vehicles.  Do the US / NATO not have similar weapons?  Seems odd that with the millions of dollars worth of AFVs often deployed in CMBS that Stingers are the best you can call on.

US expects to have air supremacy. Question is more appropriate to ask which adversary would you realistically expect to see a threat from. Answer hint. If you are the army the next biggest air threat would be US Marine aviation. 😂

On 11/25/2018 at 10:44 PM, Apache said:

US should have Avenger mobile AA platform, but it would not make much of a difference compared to the man-portable Stingers.  Might argue that it could at least shoot at Russian small UAVs with its .50 cal.

Edited by akd