west arnhem maps?

hi, was wondering if anyone knew of ( was working on/ would be interested in making...) a map/scenario of the west arnhem area  around the museum and st. elizabeth's hospital where the  parachute battalions met their fates?     the layout of the fighting   (paras advancing down 2 parallel roads toward german defensive line and stugs,  fire from high ground on left flank, also flak fire from the right flank across  the river)  would make for an interesting game, i think, though i'm not sure the tommys stand much of a chance .    also wondering if it would be possible to have a mod made to provide some brit para pixeltruppen  with maroon berets, and  a glider pilot mod - 'belt order' webbing with just a pistol holster and also green bergan rucksacks- to visually i.d. them as glider pilots?   if anyone would be interested in trying these projects i'd like to hear from them.

cheers,

rob

• 1 month later...

The master map does not include this areas, he is talking about the area roughly halfway between Arnhem and Oosterbeek.

As for the berets, I did this some time ago, but I honestly can't remember all the steps to create the mod. I searched in CMMODS to no avail but I'm pretty sure someone has already done this. Maybe someone still has it in their archives and can upload it for you.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, quakerparrot67 said:

hi, was wondering if anyone knew of ( was working on/ would be interested in making...) a map/scenario of the west arnhem area  around the museum and st. elizabeth's hospital where the  parachute battalions met their fates?     the layout of the fighting   (paras advancing down 2 parallel roads toward german defensive line and stugs,  fire from high ground on left flank, also flak fire from the right flank across  the river)  would make for an interesting game, i think, though i'm not sure the tommys stand much of a chance .    also wondering if it would be possible to have a mod made to provide some brit para pixeltruppen  with maroon berets, and  a glider pilot mod - 'belt order' webbing with just a pistol holster and also green bergan rucksacks- to visually i.d. them as glider pilots?   if anyone would be interested in trying these projects i'd like to hear from them.

cheers,

rob

I'm not sure it would be an interesting scenario - even you admit that the British player would find it challenging. As JonS has said, probably in the scenario design tutorial but if not definitely elsewhere, historical actions do not necessarily make good scenarios.

Just looking at your description and putting myself in the boots of the British player, I am faced with a situation where I can only manoeuvre in one direction (straight up the street) and I am going to get smashed by fire from both flanks and frontally. Would you want to play it - I certainly wouldn't. Putting my jackboots on, as the German player, all I have to do is sit there - again I wouldn't want to play it because I can just leave it to the Tac AI to sort out.

I'm not saying that there isn't a scenario here but to make it a scenario that people want to play, you will have to mess with the history a bit and ensure that players have decisions to make as part of solving the tactical problem that you have set.