Is there a Taliban mod available?

Aragorn2002

Well, there's the entire CM:Afghanistan title. Its got pre-Taliban mujahideen fighters. I suppose in theory one could swap out CMSF1 'fighter' models with 'Afghan' models. I don't think anyone's ever tried, though. CMSF2 is even more problematic because the figure poses and movements are based around a different, updated skeleton structure.

17 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Well, there's the entire CM:Afghanistan title. Its got pre-Taliban mujahideen fighters. I suppose in theory one could swap out CMSF1 'fighter' models with 'Afghan' models. I don't think anyone's ever tried, though. CMSF2 is even more problematic because the figure poses and movements are based around a different, updated skeleton structure.

Thanks MikeyD.  I will take a look. Edit: I've tried moving the Mujahideen mod from CM Afghanistan to CMSF, but it doesn't work unfortunately.

Edited by Aragorn2002

IIRC the CMA developer "Snowball" did some things that were not compatible with the other CM2 titles created by BF.  Some of the skins do not work in both games, and wouldn't be surprised if other mods did not either.   However, I have used many CMSF mods in CMA successfully.  Cannot recall if I successfully used any mods from CMA in CMSF...

Re the Mujahideen mod have you tried renaming it as the naming conventions may be different in the two games(?).

30 minutes ago, Erwin said:

IIRC the CMA developer "Snowball" did some things that were not compatible with the other CM2 titles created by BF.  Some of the skins do not work in both games, and wouldn't be surprised if other mods did not either.   However, I have used many CMSF mods in CMA successfully.  Cannot recall if I successfully used any mods from CMA in CMSF...

Re the Mujahideen mod have you tried renaming it as the naming conventions may be different in the two games(?).

I haven't and I must confess I don't know where to begin either. But I will look into it, Erwin. Thanks for the suggestion. If you have a more detailed one, please don't hesitate. 😀

Edited by Aragorn2002

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, JohnO said:

I haven't checked it yet with CMSF2. Will tonight.

It will not work (as posted above). I wrote a semi detailed explanation in the Civil War thread. SF1 and CM:A are the last bastions of model swapping.

Mord.

Edited by Mord