CM SF 2 UNIT VARIATION

hypeman

After playing the demo, I really like the direction you guys are taking with this game. The gameplay and UI feel rejuvenated but comfortably similar to the predecessor. However, as feedback, I have questions about the visual appearances of the units. Obviously this is a demo so if any of the topics I bring about are planned to change someone please let me know.

Although the units models look fantastic they feel a bit bland. For instance, US Army troops are basically a carbon copy from CM BS.  It would help if we could see a new take on these models featuring maybe helmet goggles or camo net helmets, as examples. The main point is that units can have a little more flavor to them while looking like a conventional fighting force. The current state of the British unit models are a good example. Their woodland camo pouches and camel backs go well together with their desert uniforms and helmets. However lacking randomization between helmets, gear camouflages, body armor, backpacks, etc.. the units all end up looking practically the same, growing sore on the eyes as the battle progresses.

The Marine models seem pretty barebones, lacking multitudes of varying equipment however, I'm confident that those models will be updated so I'm not going into detail on them.

The main point of my feedback is that this game could greatly benefit from diversification of unit models for all factions at play. Meaning random assignment of different helmets, equipment sets, and camo patterns to individual unit models will really help to distinguish the gaming experience in a modern unconventional combat environment. I believe the modding term for what I am describing is called "rag-tagging". But to my knowledge the engine of the game only allows for modification of textures and sounds, not 3-D models. Maybe as developers you all could make changes necessary that would allow the community to create/change new and existing 3-D models of the game. Making even more community content possible while also leaving you developers free to continue making core gameplay additions or changes.

Real pictures for reference:

afghanistan2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=

britAfghanistan_1453379c.jpg

afghanistan-british-troops.jpg

7-us-army-rangers-in-afghanistan-combat-

artsfon.com-68890.jpg

Once again this is a demo so if models are planned to be updated or changed please let me know.

On 11/24/2018 at 1:28 PM, MikeyD said:

A small note on the demo. The game got stripped down for the demo, there are no 'alternates' of anything in order to reduce its download size. Only one building façade, only one uniform type, only one gear texture, only one set of horizon mountains.

So individual unit variation is planned for release?