Can't unlicense CMSF

wiper

Hi folks,

as title says, I am running out of options trying to install/un/license CMSF.

Have tried all suggestions from the help desk, turned off Anti virus (Eset NOD32 ), re/uninstalling CMSF + Marines maybe 6 times now, but always ending up with the same dilemma: As soon as I start the unlicensing process it just brings up a new eLicense screen resulting in "no more licenses available" ( or similar text ).

My guessing is, that essentially, from the systems point of view, its working perfectly well as I probably had activated the game more than once since I ordered it 11 years ago !

Problem is I don't have any of those old "systems" at hand anymore as the drive with the installed game was just plugged to the newer motherboards several times and got reactivated or reinstalled without being unlicensed anytime at all ( even read the first time of this option yesterday ;-\ ).

Preordered CMSF on 3rd July 2007 for download and mail delivery, Order No: 152891

System: Win10/64 Pro

Is there a way to unlicense the game anyway ? Or even better, to swap the installer/license system to the newer online licensing system  ?

Any help would be much appreciated,

thanks in advance.

walter

If CMSF + Marines was never activated/licensed on this particular computer (new motherboard, etc.), then you would be unable to unlicense it. With the drive being plugged into a new computer or motherboard (with a copy of Windows booting from a different drive), the licensing system is not going recognize the new computer to perform an unlicensing. I don't know where in particular the licensing data is stored/recorded, but since this isn't the copy of Windows where the game was activated it isn't going to allow for an unlicensing. Also if you have reinstalled or upgraded Windows (to a newer version, etc.) on this computer (without unlicensing CMSF and its modules), then it is possible that the activation can be lost/invalidated.

At this point you will probably need to contact the Helpdesk and submit a ticket for them to 'reset' your license key, allowing for another activation (you'll need to provide the requisite license key).