Is body armor taken into account?

Gkenny

8 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

Body armor is simulated quite accurately.

To what degree? Like are they modeled to their NIJ equivalency in terms of protection from certain rounds and overall body area covered? Or is it just like a flat percent chance that someone will get wounded but not put out of the fight? Just curious.

Edited by Gkenny
clarified

Nobody really know what's going on 'under the hood' in this regard, all we've got is a 'seat-of-the-pants' impression during gameplay. I recall when I first touched CMBN after playing CMSF1 the difference between body armor and no body armor was apparent. WWII soldiers felt practically naked scampering around the battlefield without any protection. Then you have CMBS where both sides are armored-up

comparing WIA/KIA ratios for US and Red forces in CMSF, high KIA ratios are much more prevalent for Red.  It isn't guaranteed that is body armor but likelihood is high as I tend to fight Inf on Inf and not have to worry about 120 mm rounds. :)   As Mikey said though that is not based on anything other than observation of game results.  While individual rounds are calculated I am not so sure that intersection points with Pixeltruppen are such that they would provide the kind of detail @Gkenny is asking about.  I would expect not.

cI believe it is, as when playing Red special forces, in CMSF1, I'd suffer far more light wounds than the usual Syrian infantry, when both were targeted by the same weapon systems. This was especially true of long range MG fire, grenades and airburst HE. I guess there is a simple algorithm that assigns a percentage change, to any projectile/fragment hitting a target, of having it's effects mitigated by body armour. It would be interesting if BLUFOR body armour is superior to REDFOR, which it should be in most instances.

Edited by Milites

On 11/17/2018 at 7:52 AM, sburke said:

comparing WIA/KIA ratios for US and Red forces in CMSF, high KIA ratios are much more prevalent for Red.

But I notice  the same thing in the WW II games and have always attributed it to the lack of buddy aid from the AI. Do you see the same thing in H2H play?

Michael