Problem with Demo installation

So once you move the downloaded .zip file to its own directory (perhaps something off the root, such as 'c:\cmbn\demo') and extracted it, you still get a similar error message as you did initially ? If so, have you tried launching the installer by right-clicking and selecting 'Run as administrator' from the popup menu ? You are fulling extracting the file and not attempting to launch it within WinRAR, is that correct ?

Yes I extracted the CMBN Demo folder to C:. Then tried to the setup.exe file with 'Run as administrator'. I got the following error

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

The setup file then disappears from the folder.

If the file is disappearing after you attempt to run it, then I would guess you may have a problem with your security software. You may want to temporarily disable your anti-virus/security software and then run the installer or add an 'exception' within your security software for the installer and its directory that it is in. You may need to especially do this with the final game directory and its executables. The Commonwealth module executable is well known to get quarantined by a number of security programs, though i don't know how much bearing that would have on the installer executable.