Tiger 1 cannon emergency trigger

As BFC's interior modeling fidelity improves over time (certainly by when we have CM in #D holograms), all those fiddly details will matter. The Tiger 1's backup firing system in the event the electrical system fails, killing the electrical firing system, is this. When you mash the button down, it generates sufficient electrical care to fir the gun.

66260702_1_x.jpg?version=1540865450&form

Regards,

John Kettler

Erwin,

Can't stand for you to fret! CM in a 3D hologram. Wish I knew what I was trying to say when I wrote "electrical care" above. Believe it was supposed to read "electrical charge." For all I know, that thing may be a super rare part if you happen to be rebuilding one. Offeror even has the understandably worse for wear box!

Regards,

John Kettler

4 hours ago, DerKommissar said:

This is the most German thing ever.

nah! A set of 4 genuine Bosch King Tiger / Luftwaffe spark plugs trump the plain Teutonic Tiger trigger. > https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-German-spark-plugs-for-12-cylinder-engine-King-Tiger-or-Luftwaffe-aircraft-/221780848023

I'm surprised JK didn't make seperate thread about them including the plug gap specs.

At the rate he's going compulsively sourcing militaria odd & ends we could buy all the necessary parts off the internet to group build a bitsa Panzer

Edited by Wicky

Combatintman,

As CM has evolved, the level of realism and consequent need to really go into detail has rocketed. CMx1 had no incremental damage, but now it gets down to subsystems and shotline modeling of which ones got hit, how badly and what this does to the overall functioning of the tank. Part of that picture is redundancy, and when your cannon is electrically fired, you're screwed without a backup. Tanks typically have a power traverse and a manual mode, and we already have such things as the variable rate of Panther turret traversing speed as a function of engine revs, so why is it all that odd to think about fighting a Tiger 1 with the electrical system down temporarily or for duration of the fight. Something else not modeled is that the T-34/76 had, in the early war ones, at least, really awful turret drive motors, with the net result that lots of tanks had manual only. But I will also admit to being on an info high since I made the happy/fatal mistake of going to the auction sites.

Wicky,

Now, that's impressive. "The perfect gift for your favorite Tiger 1 restorer!"

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler