Video playthrough: US airborne and Tanks attack German Forces

A playthrough of one of the missions of "The Road to Montebourg" campaign.

I am almost only utilizing the interface for issuing orders (except for mandatory hotkeys like SHIFT+"Target Arc") so you can keep track of what I am doing and thus this is a great resource for new players try to understand how to play the game (and for what mistakes to watch out.)

Beside a collection of mods and shaders, there are movie soundtracks included alongside gameplay to help creating a gritty atmosphere.

Have fun!

2 hours ago, altersack said:

Hi, great Video! Could you pls tell me, which Mods you use, the game looks incredible.

1 hour ago, Swant said:

And how did you get the background noise quiet?

Well I basically use all visual mods that http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/ has to offer for the specific CM game. There is ALOT for Normandy, beside the for me mandatory vehicle skins there are alot of fine effect mods, UI mods, and uniform mods to customize the game to your preferences. There are also some several mods that modify the built in ALT+M shader I always use.

Then Reshade OpenGL configured as seen in my videos, I leave most Reshade effects on stock settings and just do minor modifications like tuning down the bloom amount or removing the distracting dirt lens effect from the ambient light option.

Also I run 16x aniso, 8xAA, 8xtransAA in Override from the Nvidia Settings for my CM games.

As for the battlesound-free background noise I am not sure if I got this soundfiles from the Normandy repository or used a Shock Force No Battle Sound mod on Normandy. A lot of the file system are the same across all CM2 games (but watch out not all like obviously the UI).

If you want I can upload you the quiet sounds.

Edited by The Wolves of Steel

Here is a screenshot of how my Z folder looks like. It is a mess with alot of redundant files overwriting each other but thanks to the intelligent mod file replacement system CM uses I have no issues.

Unbenannt.png

The final part of the playthrough:

Two of the highlights:

A Bazooka team ambushes the first Stug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFHC2aGPyFI&t=23m30s

A rushing Sherman finally gets a flanking shot on the second Stug that caused so much trouble for our troops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFHC2aGPyFI&t=49m05s