Infantry Targets in Training Campaign fires back!

duelok

Im new to the game and watched the tutorial video of combat mission black sea. I know that the targets on the first mission should not fire back. When I bought the game and run it for myself, I noticed that my squads are pinned. I realized then upon looking on the target range that the infantry targets are moving and firing. How's that so?

Your pixeltroopen have gained self-awareneness and don't take kindly to be shot at with impunity and are now fighting back....

To-grow-we-all-need-to-suffer.jpg

Bomb the bejesus out of the ring leaders to quell the revolt before it's too late...

Edited by Wicky

11 minutes ago, Wicky said:

Your pixeltroopen have gained self-awareneness and don't take kindly to be shot at with impunity and are now fighting back....

To-grow-we-all-need-to-suffer.jpg

Bomb the bejesus out of the ring leaders to quell the revolt before it's too late...

Well I'm just new to CM that's why im playing with different commands. I'm just distracted of them firing me back hahahahaha. Actually I didn't notice that at first because I was busy with my armored units then my lieutenant died. 

1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

Keep your men behind the wall and they virtually invulnerable.

Michael

Yeah, that's the lesson on the tutorial. its just that the game seems to to be doing what its supposed to do like not fire back especially when experimenting or trying all the commands both infantry and armor

Just now, duelok said:

What about the firing back of training targets on mission 1 and 2?

I don't think it has ever happened in Black Sea, but it happened once or twice in Battle for Normandy when I got ambitious and ordered some of my men to go over and close with the enemy. Turned out the Germans had pistols and were willing to use them.

Michael

1 minute ago, Michael Emrys said:

I don't think it has ever happened in Black Sea, but it happened once or twice in Battle for Normandy when I got ambitious and ordered some of my men to go over and close with the enemy. Turned out the Germans had pistols and were willing to use them.

Michael

I bet that You're in a hurry that time lol. Aside from that, do you experience fps drops ingame or stuttering while panning the camera? Whats your average fps ingame and video settings?

That large maps with alot of units includes the training map? because I'm experiencing frequent stuttering on mine on the training map and my fps avg is about 20 to 35fps have you ever tried the demo of CMSF2? theres a map there urban densed area where I experience serious stuttering while panning the camera even on Medium settings well my specs is way above the system reqs of both games. Intel core i7 4790, gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ram, 1tb sshd.

20 to 35 fps is not unusual. Stuttering on panning is (but no doubt you will hear from some people having that problem). I have only an i5 with a 760 and I do not have stuttering unless I am playing a really big scenario with lots going on and my frame rate drops in the the low teens. At any rate there are several threads on how to set nVidia cards to perform better for CM games. Here is one:

There are more in the performance section of this FAQ thread:

There might be other tings you want to read in that thread to...

34 minutes ago, IanL said:

20 to 35 fps is not unusual. Stuttering on panning is (but no doubt you will hear from some people having that problem). I have only an i5 with a 760 and I do not have stuttering unless I am playing a really big scenario with lots going on and my frame rate drops in the the low teens. At any rate there are several threads on how to set nVidia cards to perform better for CM games. Here is one:

There are more in the performance section of this FAQ thread:

There might be other tings you want to read in that thread to...

Im still trying to adjust to my sweet spot I think it only has minimal improvement for that matter. Can the game engine itself be responsible to this? for being unoptimized?

12 hours ago, duelok said:

Im new to the game and watched the tutorial video of combat mission black sea. I know that the targets on the first mission should not fire back. When I bought the game and run it for myself, I noticed that my squads are pinned. I realized then upon looking on the target range that the infantry targets are moving and firing. How's that so?

The issue is that there is no such thing as targets in the game. So really those are live opfor forces who are probably programmed to hold fire until the enemy gets close. So, if you stay back they behave a bit like targets but if you move in they will bite.

5 minutes ago, duelok said:

Im still trying to adjust to my sweet spot I think it only has minimal improvement for that matter. Can the game engine itself be responsible to this? for being unoptimized?

Oh for sure. The game engine was state of the art in 200x and uses OpenGL so yeah it is not up to modern standards. It is what it is. It should be possible to get the camera to pan smoothly in the vast majority of scenarios though. The frame rate is not going to be better - anyone wanting 60 or 90 fps is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

2 minutes ago, IanL said:

The issue is that there is no such thing as targets in the game. So really those are live opfor forces who are probably programmed to hold fire until the enemy gets close. So, if you stay back they behave a bit like targets but if you move in they will bite.

Now I got it, its just that their ak's range are more behind that cover thats why they are firing back.

2 minutes ago, IanL said:

Oh for sure. The game engine was state of the art in 200x and uses OpenGL so yeah it is not up to modern standards. It is what it is. It should be possible to get the camera to pan smoothly in the vast majority of scenarios though. The frame rate is not going to be better - anyone wanting 60 or 90 fps is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Yeah I got it that the game engine lags behind to modern standards. I'm just concerned when things go happen in an highly urbanized area which I experienced heavy lags in CMSF2 which makes it unplayable and it uses the same engine as the CMBS. And yes im planning to buy that but I'm still making my mind regarding to that issue. Its a very ambitious game though. Far more realistic than most games out there. So its kinda frustrating that im having trouble buying their new game because of this issue. The firing back thing and minor stuttering can be acceptable as long as the game is playable.