CMSF2 and the 4.0 upgrade

I am curious about the last upgrade for the CM2 family that introduced among other fixes new infantry behaviour when under artillery fire.

Is this going to be integrated in the release of CMSF2 in its current state? Will it be an optional upgrade or will there be a tweaked version that tweaks the infantry behaviour?

I haven't played the demo yet nor read every thread on the subject, so forgive me if it has been clarified elsewhere.

CMSF2 game engine will be the latest-and-greatest. The patches for the other titles will allow those games to catch up to CMSF2.
Often, after a big release, a couple little 'how did we miss that?' items will pop up. The release then gets a minor patch to fix it, then the game engine patches for the other titles follow. That's sort'a become SOP with game releases.

7 hours ago, Zveroboy1 said:

So are you saying there is hope it has been fixed?  Is this a *winkwink nudgenudge* type of post Mikey lol?

I'd rather know beforehand becayse the new infantry behaviour under arty fire has been a deal breaker for me sadly.

Yes, it’s been fixed. 

5 minutes ago, ncc1701e said:

One thing I have not understood. Does the current CMSF2 demo contain this fix ?

Yes, the demo is operating with the fix. 

I dont recall which thread it was in, but Steve stated that CMSF2 will ship with the patched version of engine 4. The other games will receive the patch after CMSF2 is released. 

Edited by IICptMillerII

18 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

Sorry, is there somewhere a list of known engine bugs available to public?

There is not an official list of bugs provided by BFC. One problem that increases the confusion is people often report a happening, declare it a bug themselves and then ask why it is not fixed. I am *not* saying that this is an example - I have not personally checked - I am saying that just because someone here calls something a bug does *not* mean it is acknowledged as such and in the list of things to get fixed.

I know that is not really helpful in the sense that it does no point to any list of acknowledged bugs. I mean it to be helpful in the sense that just 'cause some one here says X is a bug does not make it so.

21 hours ago, Erwin said:

Was hoping that the latest engine bugs we found when testing TOC would be fixed by now.  But, have noticed that the arty spotting bug seems to be still there in the demo. 

In keeping with what I said above can you be more specific about a spotting bug? Is there a thread were a tester said they reported it? Any other acknowledgement? I just want to get it logged if it really is a problem.

CM is a very 'deep' game engine. There is a LOT going on beneath the surface. You cannot simply say 'bug A' because 'bug A' may be the cumulative result of a cascade of variables, Which variable needs to be tweaked to get the desired result? A suppressed green infantryman outside of command on an overcast rainy day in a muddy tall wheat field at dawn does something odd. What variable would need to be tweaked to get him to not do the odd thing?

39 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

A suppressed green infantryman outside of command on an overcast rainy day in a muddy tall wheat field at dawn does something odd.

Ah I see that you are following my current newbie AAR. 🤣

The penalty for loading up inf with as much ammo and equipment as possible seems very "moderate" imo.   ie: No noticeable penalty the way I play.  But, I rarely run my guys FAT or for long distances. 

My SOP is to give a team or squad enuff ammo so they have an average of approx. 400 rounds each with some extra ammo for a MG.  And maybe an extra RPG or two.  To me that seems realistic if one knows one is going into a firefight.  But, hopefully a more experienced warrior can comment on what a RL loadout would be.

Edited by Erwin

2 hours ago, RexSaur said:

Is there any disadvantage to giving more ammo and weapons stored in vehicles to soldiers? Are they slowed down or react slower or anything like that? The manual doesn't mention anything like that so I let them aquire all the ammo from vehicles.

They can go FAST (usually), and QUICK, but they will tire much more rapidly. I'm not sure what the definitive results are of being tired, other than movement issues. I can see how it may be tied into morale, reaction, and accuracy. <-- supposition, and maybe something to look into.

2 hours ago, RexSaur said:

Is there any disadvantage to giving more ammo and weapons stored in vehicles to soldiers? Are they slowed down or react slower or anything like that? The manual doesn't mention anything like that so I let them aquire all the ammo from vehicles.

Yes, it does effect them. If they have too much they can even get to a point the they cannot move fast and if you add more rhey will no longer be able to move quick. They tire more quickly. Sime feel the effects are not strong enough but it is there.

According to Josey Wales' testing, fatigue doesn't seem to have any effect on accuracy, morale, etc. - the only effect is limiting the ability to move.

That's surprising, but it's not nothing - being able to move Fast when you need to (e.g., incoming spotting rounds) can be really important - it's definitely better to be unemcumbered or unfatigued than the reverse.