Modders: Female Faces?

I just read in the news that the British Army will from today allow women to serve in front line infantry roles if they can pass the same training course the men are required to pass, although one study suggested only 5% of women who applied were expected to pass and there were no plans to make the course easier. The US and German armies also have no bar against women serving as front line infantry. A "female faces" mod would therefore now seem in order. I assume other aspects of female physiology are not moddable so they would have to look like men apart from their faces (which may be realistic given the physical demands of the role and expected pass rate!)

Edited by Cpl Steiner
grammar

22 minutes ago, Cpl Steiner said:

I just read in the news that the British Army will from today allow women to serve in front line infantry roles if they can pass the same training course the men are required to pass, although one study suggested only 5% of women who applied were expected to pass and there were no plans to make the course easier. The US and German armies also have no bar against women serving as front line infantry. A "female faces" mod would therefore now seem in order. I assume other aspects of female physiology are not moddable so they would have to look like men apart from their faces (which may be realistic given the physical demands of the role and expected pass rate!)

This would be theoretically doable.

Faces could be done like any other face, and modeling, except perhaps the smaller average height of a female the rest of the "female physiology" isn´t that noticeable when wearing a BDU, plate carrier, and full kit, so modelling this wouldn´ be even mandatory to potray female soldiers.

Current sound system doesn´t allow for specific character connected sounds but you theoretically could replace one or two of the infantry sounds with female voices and would occaisionally hear them on the battlefield.

Edited by Mattis

Not a bad concept. Canada has women serving in combat roles since the late 80s, but I doubt there would be a significant percentage in 2008. I'd think the Syrians are more likely to have women serving, and by extension, the Russians in CM:BS. You can always turn in your vehicle crews and assume their gender. xD

Not a bad idea, modding perhaps 1 female face for Uncon, Syria, Germany, Netherlands, and Canada and replacing 1 soldier shout with a female one for these factions could do the trick.

And for the other factions like British... Why not, if one desire. Mods aren´t obliged to stick bone-headed to this 2008 timeline tag and there are several fantastic SF mods and scenarios that didn´t.

2 minutes ago, The Wolves of Steel said:

Why not, if one desire. Mods aren´t obliged to stick bone-headed to this 2008 timeline tag and there are several fantastic SF mods and scenarios that didn´t.

Heh heh absolutely.  Only issue with this mod is I am not sure there is a way to carry it out.  One of the things I really like about CMSF is there is more diversity. Not a PC thing it just makes it a little more immersive to me when individual pixeltruppen aren’t all uniformly the same.  The problem with a female mod is I don’t think it will stand out very much. If there were more variety in soldier models it would be really cool but that isn’t gonna happen. But hey if someone can mod the face to make it more apparent then hell yeah. 

2 hours ago, Cpl Steiner said:

German Army has had women in front line infantry since 2001.

There would still be opportunities for US Army females in the  CMSF timeframe. Truck drivers, Military Police (although there aren't MP units in CMSF, they can be built in the editor), medics and various specialty teams could have women in them.

I recall a decade ago seeing a DoD photo of a Marine LAV-25A2 serving in Afghanistan. There was clearly a female head peeking out of the commander's hatch. I've never seen an explanation for this, whether women were filling more combat roles in the Marines than one might expect or if it was merely one of the public relations team going on a 'joy ride' while taking propaganda photos.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:10 PM, Cpl Steiner said:

I would have thought that anyone who has no disabilities and is motivated could pass the basic physical fitness test to get into pretty much most armies in the world even those from 90's probably even earlier. Whats with this 5% of women Cpl Steiner. Are you saying that women are lacking something required to be in the army other than physical fitness?

1 hour ago, Hardradi said:

I would have thought that anyone who has no disabilities and is motivated could pass the basic physical fitness test to get into pretty much most armies in the world even those from 90's probably even earlier. Whats with this 5% of women Cpl Steiner. Are you saying that women are lacking something required to be in the army other than physical fitness?

I found this BBC article that quotes the 5% figure, although strangely it dates from 2016 whereas the article that said women would now serve on the frontline was definitely more recent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36746917

Quotes from the above...

But the Army's research suggests fewer than 5% of its 7,000 women would pass the current infantry fitness test.

Concern over the issue had centred on whether women had the physical capability to withstand the demands on their body that some of the roles will require.

The basic fitness tests for the infantry involves recruits completing an eight-mile march in under two hours while carrying a backpack weighing 55lbs (25kg).

There is also an advanced fitness test of marching two miles carrying 20kg in 18 minutes, and further two-part test of 20 miles carrying 25kg in five hours, followed by 25kg over 25 miles in six hours and 15 minutes the following day.

More recent article (not the one I read originally, which I am having trouble finding)...

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2018/10/25/all-roles-in-the-uk-military-including-royal-marines-and-sas-open-to-women/

Edited by Cpl Steiner

On October 26, 2018 at 9:23 AM, IICptMillerII said:

The game takes place in 2008, not 2018. 

Understood, however, I get the feeling the @Sgt. Squarehead among others is definitely working to create scenarios with ISIS and such to use in contemporary Syria, so why not.

Edited by Vet 0369

5 hours ago, Cpl Steiner said:

I found this BBC article that quotes the 5% figure, although strangely it dates from 2016 whereas the article that said women would now serve on the frontline was definitely more recent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36746917

Quotes from the above...

But the Army's research suggests fewer than 5% of its 7,000 women would pass the current infantry fitness test.

Concern over the issue had centred on whether women had the physical capability to withstand the demands on their body that some of the roles will require.

The basic fitness tests for the infantry involves recruits completing an eight-mile march in under two hours while carrying a backpack weighing 55lbs (25kg).

There is also an advanced fitness test of marching two miles carrying 20kg in 18 minutes, and further two-part test of 20 miles carrying 25kg in five hours, followed by 25kg over 25 miles in six hours and 15 minutes the following day.

More recent article (not the one I read originally, which I am having trouble finding)...

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2018/10/25/all-roles-in-the-uk-military-including-royal-marines-and-sas-open-to-women/

Nice reply and thanks for the links. 😉

Edited by Hardradi

In Canada the door is wide open. The goal is 50/50, equal opportunity. They're just not beating down the doors at the recruiting center yet. Those that do are not staying. I guess they are smart enough to find something else to do. Or have somewhere better to go. I also see more men than women sleeping on heating grates. So again, maybe they have better places to be.   

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/11/14/a-female-soldier-has-made-it-through-the-armys-special-forces-selection/

For the first time since the Army opened its special operations jobs to women in 2016, a female soldier has completed the initial Special Forces Assessment and Selection process, a spokesman for Army Special Operations Command has confirmed to Army Times. Several women have attempted the 24-day program, part of the Special Forces Qualification Course, since then, but none have made it to the next round.

Edited by sburke