Pre-War, Early War and Late War Belgian maps in variety of scales

Found this treasure trove over on Axis History Forum in one of the posts and that I'd pass it on to all you CM map makers. Scales run as high as 1:250,000, down through 1:100,000 and for 1943-44, as low as 1:50,000.

https://maps.nls.uk/belgium/?fbclid=IwAR0jRdrXe-Z1-IPwQukTYL-QklIJTXrt6FvpG8nSh6M4GPl8jsB_Gx4NhmQ

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in finding out more about how small French and German villages were actually laid out in WW2. I feel many maps are too modern, with houses spread out and surrounded by lawns and gardens. I think back in the day, most hamlets actually had houses very close to each other, often without any space between them. There might be gardens, but not like modern day suburbia.

On these maps, it seems there is often space between individual buildings, but maybe that's just because the map needs to show how many individual buildings there are?