On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, Michael Emrys said:

Each of the 155mm platoons would be roughly equivalent to a pair of 6" naval canons. I would expect the naval guns to have more ammo though.

Perhaps the 155s are just place holders for the demo and when the full game is released they will be replaced with true naval artillery.

Michael

I do believe the guns are abstract and the game's 155's come closest to US Naval assets.   However, the Navy does not use 6" ordnance on current warships.  They use 5"/54 Mk45 (127mm).  Destroyers have one 5" gun and cruisers have two.  So, I'm assuming this scenario is simulating a cruiser and destroyer supporting the landing.  As a side note the newer Zumwalt class destroyers will have the 6"(155mm) advanced gun system (AGS).

Edited by CMC

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, rocketman said:

But naval artillery takes longer to call in, is less accurate and has a slower rate of fire. I hope they substitute for true naval fire in the final release.

I'm not sure what you are basing this comment on.  The US Navy uses the 5"/54 (127mm) Mk45 on current warships.  The loading system is automatic so the gun can maintain a fire rate of 16 to 20 rounds per minute (not taking into account cooling times), compared to the Marine Corps M777/155mm howitzer, that fires at a rate of 2 to 5 rounds per minute.  As far as accuracy is concerned, we conducted numerous gun fire support missions with the US Marine Corps and UK Royal Marines with exceptional accuracy.  We were hitting main battle tank sized objects from 10+ miles out.  As far as time to call in fire, you may be correct.  I don't have data to support or debunk that opinion.

I assume it has already been mentioned somewhere: I'd like to point out that IFV/tank crews automatically opening up to reload weapon systems (.50 cal? ATGMs) is quite problematical. 

6 hours ago, Pandur said:

i played and won all demo scenarios and i like what i see. i honestly think this will be the best CM game yet. there is so much included, you can create all type of scenarios with the kits and vehicles in the game. i am fired up!

some small problems i see are;

- soldiers seem to be more "creative" when selecting which door to use and they not always use the same door. in "the passage at wilcox" i had a squad behind a house and ordered a quick move into the house. half the squad use the close back entrance, the other half run around to the side and us another door? it seems in engine v4 they are more inclined to split up a use different doors, i did  not see that in the old games so much.

- building wall segments without windows, where the troops can fire through the solid wall. seen in the wilcox and breaking the bank scenario. it looks perfectly solid, no visual damage to the wall, but the enemy can see and shoot at you, and you can fire back through the solid wall.

- holes made with the "blast" command, sometimes are ignored by squads. the squad blasting the hole usually always uses the blasted hole, but if i try to send other squads after them, one may decide to run around the long way and often gets shot.

I also noticed that the soldiers choose different doors to enter buildings.  I thought the issue with squads running into the line of fire to get into a building was an issue that was going to be resolved in engine 4?

2 hours ago, CMC said:

I'm not sure what you are basing this comment on.  The US Navy uses the 5"/54 (127mm) Mk45 on current warships.  The loading system is automatic so the gun can maintain a fire rate of 16 to 20 rounds per minute (not taking into account cooling times), compared to the Marine Corps M777/155mm howitzer, that fires at a rate of 2 to 5 rounds per minute.  As far as accuracy is concerned, we conducted numerous gun fire support missions with the US Marine Corps and UK Royal Marines with exceptional accuracy.  We were hitting main battle tank sized objects from 10+ miles out.  As far as time to call in fire, you may be correct.  I don't have data to support or debunk that opinion.

I guess I based that on the WWII titles, so I'm wrong to assume that.

4 hours ago, Kaunitz said:

I assume it has already been mentioned somewhere: I'd like to point out that IFV/tank crews automatically opening up to reload weapon systems (.50 cal? ATGMs) is quite problematical. 

Yes, just trying the syrians on a play through of Alamo. Reloading ATGM in BMP means crew member exposes themselves (Target on building). Loader then gets killed by sniper. If crew member has to expose themselves to fire ATGM, I would have thought they would use main gun instead?

Also, can the Bradleys reload TOWs without a crew member opening a hatch?

This is a similar issue for Strykers.  And one can't easily tell when a vehicular MG will run out of ammo so that one could order the vehicle back under cover to reload.  Maybe it would be useful for the gunner to NOT reload without a specific order from the player.  That would enable the vehicle to be moved to safety if desired.