Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, Bozowans said:

Here's a lucky shot. I was just playing the U.S. Army, trying to be extra careful, advancing very slowly and cautiously, using dead ground to move troops forward and hull down positions for every vehicle and then everything went horribly wrong.

I parked an M1 tank in a hull down position along the side of a road when a Kornet opened fire on it. Here's the view from the ATGM position at maximum zoom:

eaFPfY3.jpg

The missile missed the tank, flying right over the top of it. It continued to fly for another 40 meters through the woods behind it until it just so happened to slam into a tree RIGHT in the middle of an infantry squad moving through the woods.

PgKXXIk.jpg

hQyUdK5.jpg

The infantry were in dead ground behind that road embankment and were not even visible from the ATGM position, and I thought they would be safe moving through the woods. The missile miraculously flew past several other trees just so it could hit the one right in the center of the squad. One man was killed, another incapacitated, and every other member of the squad was wounded except for two.

IIMnqK3.png

The next turn I tried to pull the tank back and hide it behind some trees, but part of its turret was still visible and it was knocked out from the front by a second missile. I guess you really don't wanna mess around with those Kornets. 

The luck of war, or as in this example. Unlucky Luck.

Of course , you don't hear so many story's about unlucky events because those guys are not around to talk about those in general.

29 minutes ago, slysniper said:

I notice that your guys are unbuttoned in these views, Are you finding that is the way to use them old T62's to help get quicker firing times ???

Nice job with them either way to bag them  M1's

I bailed my Coy HQ tank and used the crew to observe enemy movement (harder to spot a man that lies in prone position, than it is to spot a T62 turret). I parked one of the Plt HQ tanks near my company commander, who then shared his spots with platoon commander. The information got passed through the platoon network. Next step was choosing hull down positions. With contacts already passed through platoon network, the job was already half done. Having my tanks unbuttoned/opened up and with previous knowledge of enemy positions and movements, has made my tanks spot M1's almost instantly. I was lucky to catch one platoon on the move. Movement reduced their spotting ability, which I fully used to my advantage. The second platoon of M1's was destroyed by combining efforts of my Company commander observing, 9M14 Malyutka's blinding the M1's and T62's finishing the jobs with flanking shots.

1 hour ago, Aurelius said:

I bailed my Coy HQ tank and used the crew to observe enemy movement (harder to spot a man that lies in prone position, than it is to spot a T62 turret). I parked one of the Plt HQ tanks near my company commander, who then shared his spots with platoon commander. The information got passed through the platoon network. 

+1.  Very nice. 

1 hour ago, Aurelius said:

9M14 Malyutka's blinding the M1's 

How did you blind the M1s with AT-3 Saggers?  Knocked out the optics maybe?  Or do you mean distracted them?  Just curious in case it's something I can use. :) 

2 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

How did you blind the M1s with AT-3 Saggers?  Knocked out the optics maybe?  Or do you mean distracted them?

A bit of both. When an 9M14 operator launches the missile, M1 will spot the launch in a second or two and it will rotate both it's turret and hull towards the launch site. Thus it will open its flank. The missile itself will be eaten by frontal armor, but its optics and radio will be degraded or destroyed (though to be perfectly honest I don't know if there is any place on an M1 that Malyutka will do any real damage). Eventually, you will end up with an M1 with spotting capabilities of an BTR 60 (next to none) and with no real way of communicating with the platoon headquarters and other tanks in platoon. Perfect opportunity for flanking.

There are two more things to consider when using 9M14. The 500 meters "blind spot"- in game it means that sometimes the missile will nosedive couple of seconds after launch. The second one being that the missile is relatively slow and an MBT can destroy the equipment or personnel.

6 hours ago, Aurelius said:

I bailed my Coy HQ tank and used the crew to observe enemy movement (harder to spot a man that lies in prone position, than it is to spot a T62 turret). I parked one of the Plt HQ tanks near my company commander, who then shared his spots with platoon commander. The information got passed through the platoon network. Next step was choosing hull down positions. With contacts already passed through platoon network, the job was already half done. Having my tanks unbuttoned/opened up and with previous knowledge of enemy positions and movements, has made my tanks spot M1's almost instantly. I was lucky to catch one platoon on the move. Movement reduced their spotting ability, which I fully used to my advantage. The second platoon of M1's was destroyed by combining efforts of my Company commander observing, 9M14 Malyutka's blinding the M1's and T62's finishing the jobs with flanking shots.

Well played, a very good use of your units.

I am always amazed as to how well the game will use some real world tactics to achieve a good result.

Very sneaky of you as to using the 9m14 as a way to direct the enemy units where you want them.

I have dismounted tank crews before to get spots but have not thought about the chain of command as well and how that can get all  my units the info.

Also have baited the enemy to expose their flank to me but normally with a bmp or something along that lines, I like the concept of using the missile. Likely its the only thing they will ever do but it can add to a possible good outcome.

If you play h2h, people better watch out, sounds like you have your act together.

Edited by slysniper

55 minutes ago, slysniper said:

Well played, a very good use of your units.

I am always amazed as to how well the game will use some real world tactics to achieve a good result.

Very sneaky of you as to using the 9m14 as a way to direct the enemy units where you want them.

I have dismounted tank crews before to get spots but have not thought about the chain of command as well and how that can get all  my units the info.

Also have baited the enemy to expose their flank to me but normally with a bmp or something along that lines, I like the concept of using the missile. Likely its the only thing they will ever do but it can add to a possible good outcome.

If you play h2h, people better watch out, sounds like you have your act together.

I also happen to be an ROTC graduate, Infantry 2nd Lt. I have some hands on experience, knowledge, training on some of the WP kit, weapons, tactics and mentality. Spent the practical part of my ROTC training people to use AGS 17 and I participated in the training of designated marksmen. I enjoy using that knowledge in CM games, it's great.

2 hours ago, Aurelius said:

I also happen to be an ROTC graduate, Infantry 2nd Lt. I have some hands on experience, knowledge, training on some of the WP kit, weapons, tactics and mentality. Spent the practical part of my ROTC training people to use AGS 17 and I participated in the training of designated marksmen. I enjoy using that knowledge in CM games, it's great.

Well, it shows. If you ever want a game, I am happy to play. I prefer to play scenarios that have realistic mixes of units and situations. Love h2h in such. Not a fan of QB's and  such with hand picked forces. Not nearly as fun or challenging. But I will play and do them all.

Just saying, if you ever have a interest.😁

18 hours ago, Aurelius said:

A bit of both. When an 9M14 operator launches the missile, M1 will spot the launch in a second or two and it will rotate both it's turret and hull towards the launch site. Thus it will open its flank. The missile itself will be eaten by frontal armor, but its optics and radio will be degraded or destroyed (though to be perfectly honest I don't know if there is any place on an M1 that Malyutka will do any real damage). Eventually, you will end up with an M1 with spotting capabilities of an BTR 60 (next to none) and with no real way of communicating with the platoon headquarters and other tanks in platoon. Perfect opportunity for flanking.

There are two more things to consider when using 9M14. The 500 meters "blind spot"- in game it means that sometimes the missile will nosedive couple of seconds after launch. The second one being that the missile is relatively slow and an MBT can destroy the equipment or personnel.

awesome
thanks for the lesson, it's brilliant and shows how amazing this game is

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 37mm said:

Great little scrap by @George MC...

Ach weel that buggered up my productivity first thing on a Monday morning!

Excellent video thanks. Great to see this being played. Your video was a masterclass in applying the principles of maneuver, mass an economy of force. And a superb cinematic experience. Thank you.

@37mm great video! I must admit, I'm jealous that you have the time to make these cinematic vids. Keep up the good work!

I also noticed that the BMP-2s have the bugged turret texture. Here is a link to my Sand BMP-2s that have the fixed turret texture:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-shock-force-2/cmsf2-vehicle/sand-bmp-2/

Marines load up in the well deck of the Assault Ship USS Wasp.

JjmDYbEh.jpg

AAV-7s and LAV-25s exit the well deck and head for the beach. 

6c5ztJ9h.jpg

Marines gather gear on the flight deck of the USS Wasp as the first assault wave passes between the Wasp and the USS Oak Hill.

C86lNHRh.jpg

C4S7wnQh.jpg

Marines on the starboard hangar of the USS Wasp look on as the USS Ticonderoga engages attacking aircraft.  

LEIOFiPh.jpg