Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

3 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

Is it just me, or does SF2 look really nice?

I find myself just kinda staring at the screen some times.

They've gotten progressively nicer since FI. Black Sea, Red Thunder and Final Blitzkrieg were absolutely exceptional on release. And with SF2 the only major mods I've installed (besides effects type stuff) are Kieme's buildings. I think I am only using one vehicle mod. They did great work on it.

Nice vid, btw.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

It would be nice to NOT have to collect a ton of mods if the CM2 games start to feature better graphics out of the box.

That's subjective. You don't have to do anything. Whatever amount of mods you have installed is because you wanted them. There are a lot of people who don't use mods. However, I think Reshade can remedy a lot of stuff people find objectionable with no modding whatsoever. We've come a long way since SF1 and CMA and even CMBN in my opinion.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

39 minutes ago, Mord said:

That's subjective. You don't have to do anything. Whatever amount of mods you have installed is because you wanted them. There are a lot of people who don't use mods. However, I think Reshade can remedy a lot of stuff people find objectionable with no modding whatsoever. We've come a long way since SF1 and CMA and even CMBN in my opinion.

Mord.

Yep.  I am pretty limited to Kieme's buildings, Some sound mods and anything that personalizes the units.  ;) 

1 hour ago, Mord said:

Whatever amount of mods you have installed is because you wanted them.

I use mods cos they IMPROVE the look and immersion of the game - it's not wanting mods on principle.  I have over a hundred GB of UNUSED mods cos they are not desired.

I agree, currently am only using the best from CMSF1: xnt terrain/building mods by Kieme, Long Left Flank and some other modders, plus a few vehicles like T-55's, rusty taxis and weathered PU trucks that look great in MOS' new Coup d'etat scenario.  I use your voice mods incl "Allah's Army", plus BG radio chatter, cricket or birdsong BG combat sounds, some great Arabic music, plus a bunch of UI mods - esp range and caliber, a bunch from Vinnart and Scipio, your unit portraits...  Nearly all from CMSF1, so no real need to redo any (other than uniforms maybe).

Edited by Erwin

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

It would be nice to NOT have to collect a ton of mods if the CM2 games start to feature better graphics out of the box.

Well, it does feature good graphics by default. You know, you can just load up the game and play it, instead of overloading your mod folder, which you have this infatuation with doing. 

Edited by LukeFF

44 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

overloading your mod folder

Huh?  Who said they are overloaded?  

Members are more frequently asking me for this and that old mod.  So, people want mods depending on taste.  We may have a way for the mods to be available to all by March/April.  No requirement for you to have any, so no need to be bothered.  Relax...

Edited by Erwin

3 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Nice mini-series!

Yep! @37mm. Another good one! @General Jack Ripper SLIM's was cool too. Thanks, fellas.

You know I am to the point where about 90% of my "TV" watching time is game plays/game movies on Youtube. What an amazing thing that some guy sitting on his comp a thousand miles away could be creating content that is more entertaining to me than multi-million dollar Hollywood crap. Must be why they are doing everything they can to destroy the amateurs ability to make a living on YouTube.

Mord.

17 hours ago, Mord said:

They've gotten progressively nicer since FI. Black Sea, Red Thunder and Final Blitzkrieg were absolutely exceptional on release. And with SF2 the only major mods I've installed (besides effects type stuff) are Kieme's buildings. I think I am only using one vehicle mod. They did great work on it.

Nice vid, btw.

Thanks.

I think this might be the first title I don't bother modding, except for sounds.

. . . and maybe some new uniforms. I hate those US ones. Who wears greyish-blue in the desert?

. . . and your voice going, "aaaaaaaa!!!!!"

That would probably be it.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, Erwin said:

You mean Kieme's HD mods?  Am using em. They make a difference.  Using em in CMSF2 as well.

They shouldn't make a bit of difference in CMSF2, because CMSF2 doesn't have the half-sized textures of it's predecessor.

I suppose if you like the way they look, that's one thing, but there's no extant technical reason you need the HD mod in CMSF2.

24 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

They shouldn't make a bit of difference in CMSF2, because CMSF2 doesn't have the half-sized textures of it's predecessor.

I suppose if you like the way they look, that's one thing, but there's no extant technical reason you need the HD mod in CMSF2.

Erm. The stock textures for the facades of buildings in Shock Force 2 are 1024 X 256. Kieme's buildings use 2048 X 512 pixels textures. His windows, doors etc are twice the size as well.