Mord

Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

What I found on the Internet about the stamp is that the Diemaco indeed has a maple leaf and the Colt version has this sign on the art. In CMSF1 the dutch assault rifles were completely black without the (newer) sandcoloured accessoires. Are the handguard and buttstock in still black in CMSF2? Or is it the newer two-coloured variant? 

15 hours ago, MikeyD said:

More Dutch odds-and-ends to whet your appetite. The Spike/Gill anti-tank missile in Dutch hands in the game.

Gill screenshot.jpg

looking great!

One slight "oddity", I've realized that early on I must've switched off the tree's & never noticed it when I returned to the game.

Edited by 37mm

17 hours ago, 37mm said:

I must've switched off the tree's & never noticed it when I returned to the game.

I hate it when I do that. :(

Nice video - I always like troop level camera work.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:46 AM, MikeyD said:

I just zoomed in close on the art. Judging by the stamp its Diemco. Canadian C7A2 stamp is a maple leaf

diemco.jpg

Jeez, you gotta love the attention to detail BFC puts into these games!

I don't think anyone's tried importing CMBS US infantry uniform textures into CMSF2 so its anyone's guess if it'll work.

...Now that I think of it, it might not work. The models were worked on to correct some warping issues so the constituent parts like sleeves and collars aren't mapping to the same locations on the art..

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I don't think anyone's tried importing CMBS US infantry uniform textures into CMSF2 so its anyone's guess if it'll work.

...Now that I think of it, it might not work. The models were worked on to correct some warping issues so the constituent parts like sleeves and collars aren't mapping to the same locations on the art..

I tried bringing in some of the mods for TF Spartan Resolve.  Uniform mod didn't seem to work.

12 hours ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

Will the multicam retexture be available for download?

I'm willing to bet there will be OCU mods within 2 weeks of release.

Now that it is released we aren't tied to just showing stock pics.  :D  Modded for the true crappy affect for Iraq.  And I really do mean crappy.

Yes this is Kieme's building mod along with some other stuff for street sewage.

CM Shock Force 2 Shitty Iraq 001.jpg

Edited by sburke

Sadr City - a map in the works.  Nowhere near as nicely detailed as LLF's Ramadi map, but intended more as a master map to be cut up and used as needed.

Sadr City.jpg

Edited by sburke

It was originally begun as a visual aid in reading The Long Road Home.  The TV show images weren't jiving with how the book described things, then I happened to catch an actual pic from the fighting and realized the TV show had taken even more liberties than I'd thought.  I think I have identified the location Red 1 went to ground and marked it on the map.  1824 x 2544.

Sadr city 001.jpg

Edited by sburke

40 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Cool, Steve!  You will, of course, be uploading those mods, correct?

Kieme's is up under CMSF.  The sewage one isn't mine, but I'll see about that one.  What I'd really like is a mod set for really trashy terrain tiles - streams to look like sewage and general tiles to reflect basic trash.  My trials with the second have not worked out very well yet. 

Okay, I think I already have Kieme’s from CMSF1, I’ll check.  The sewage one looks cool. Thanks for checking. I think with this title I might try modding again as well.  Thanks!

Lol!  I have to say, just in general, for BFC to redo this title is simply awesome beyond measure! The original CMSF was my first entry to CM games (circa 2008), and after about 40 years of reading/studying/war gaming military conflicts from Vietnam back to Caesar’s Wars, it was the impetus for me to delve deeply into Modern Wars. I still love their WWII titles, but I’ll be stuck in Syria (whatever other areas/regions/countries modders come up with) for a long time to come.

Thanks BFC! And btw, you and Ian Leslie deserve a big shout out for all you guys do to help the community!