Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

wJ6LENA.png

I bagged a Leopard! Not in and of itself extraordinary, but I didn't take any casualties from it in the process!

A small achievement, but an achievement nonetheless.

@Vikingo I'm running with Reshade, using an Ambient Occlusion and some colour correction.  See the previous page for a link, though I've tweaked my settings since posting.

1 hour ago, Soldat-Hans said:

Is there a sound mod you use? Sounds really awesome!

Yeah, it's in the Video description.

HQS 2.4 is the base... although I've probably added sounds to that over the years.

You can grab HQS 3.0, which has recently been released, over at CMMods.

Here is a second showcase video, this time showing a successful Syrian armored assault against defending Germans. This was taken from a modified version of the NATO scenario "Bier un Brezel." Some of the better Syrian equipment is on display here, such as the T-72AV equipped with the TURMS-T as well as the BMP-2. This should pain the Syrians in a more favorable light compared to the first showcase video. Hope everyone enjoys!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

IED Trigger-man

The real bad MoFo.  :ph34r:

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, IICptMillerII said:

Here is a second showcase video, this time showing a successful Syrian armored assault against defending Germans. This was taken from a modified version of the NATO scenario "Bier un Brezel." Some of the better Syrian equipment is on display here, such as the T-72AV equipped with the TURMS-T as well as the BMP-2. This should pain the Syrians in a more favorable light compared to the first showcase video. Hope everyone enjoys!

Very Red Army (Battalion attack?).....Kind of reminds me of my CM:A 'Fragmentistan' stuff, but without the Hinds!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

45 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Very Red Army (Battalion attack?).....Kind of reminds me of my CM:A 'Fragmentistan' stuff, but without the Hinds!  ;)

It was a battalion of tanks supported by a company of mechanized infantry. I was going for a microcosm of a Soviet-style tank regiment conducting a stereotypical Soviet armored assault. Partly because the Syrians can pull it off when given the right equipment and training, and partly because I've always loved large scale eastern bloc equipment/formations. It was a lot of fun to play through and make!

I thought about including Hinds, but ended up omitting them. They would have attacked during the opening artillery barrage (which was also cut from the final edit) and their fire would have been indistinguishable from the larger artillery bombardment.

Hope you enjoyed it!

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You might have done the attackers a favour by leaving the Hinds out.....In CM:SF1 they are very prone to killing the guys at the wrong end of the blue line (I don't know if this is still the case in CM:SF2).  ;)

In my limited experiences with Hinds in CMSF2 I haven't noticed any friendly fire incidents or other issues that caused me concern. I haven't tested it thoroughly, or used Hinds a lot, but what I have seen appears to look good. Tentative good news, perhaps?

13 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

@37mm Nice video.  Interesting how you showed the plans on the map and the the execution in the 3d environment.  +1

Wargamers love maps.

12 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

@37mm Nicely done! I'm always a fan of the cinematic approach to CM vids.

Ditto.

• 2 weeks later...
On October 28, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Soldat-Hans said:

Is there a sound mod you use? Sounds really awesome!

My only problem with the sound mod is when one of the pixeltrubben uses the term "soldier!" No Marine will EVER call another Marine "soldier," unless he is insulting him and  wants to be a casualty!

On November 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You might have done the attackers a favour by leaving the Hinds out.....In CM:SF1 they are very prone to killing the guys at the wrong end of the blue line (I don't know if this is still the case in CM:SF2).  ;)

In CM:A on the other hand they are very, very thorough.  :mellow:

In CMBS, "Rollin on the River," I used Apaches for air support. I think they attacked more of my men than my opponent's, even though none of mine were inside the defined attack zone area. I was rather upset