Jump to content
Mord

Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Recommended Posts

wJ6LENA.png

I bagged a Leopard! Not in and of itself extraordinary, but I didn't take any casualties from it in the process!

A small achievement, but an achievement nonetheless.

@Vikingo I'm running with Reshade, using an Ambient Occlusion and some colour correction.  See the previous page for a link, though I've tweaked my settings since posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HerrTom said:

 

@Vikingo I'm running with Reshade, using an Ambient Occlusion and some colour correction.  See the previous page for a link, though I've tweaked my settings since posting.

Another great pic!

Thank you downloading now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soldat-Hans said:

Is there a sound mod you use? Sounds really awesome!

Yeah, it's in the Video description.

HQS 2.4 is the base... although I've probably added sounds to that over the years.

You can grab HQS 3.0, which has recently been released, over at CMMods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a second showcase video, this time showing a successful Syrian armored assault against defending Germans. This was taken from a modified version of the NATO scenario "Bier un Brezel." Some of the better Syrian equipment is on display here, such as the T-72AV equipped with the TURMS-T as well as the BMP-2. This should pain the Syrians in a more favorable light compared to the first showcase video. Hope everyone enjoys!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

IED Trigger-man

The real bad MoFo.  :ph34r:

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, IICptMillerII said:

Here is a second showcase video, this time showing a successful Syrian armored assault against defending Germans. This was taken from a modified version of the NATO scenario "Bier un Brezel." Some of the better Syrian equipment is on display here, such as the T-72AV equipped with the TURMS-T as well as the BMP-2. This should pain the Syrians in a more favorable light compared to the first showcase video. Hope everyone enjoys!

Very Red Army (Battalion attack?).....Kind of reminds me of my CM:A 'Fragmentistan' stuff, but without the Hinds!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Very Red Army (Battalion attack?).....Kind of reminds me of my CM:A 'Fragmentistan' stuff, but without the Hinds!  ;)

It was a battalion of tanks supported by a company of mechanized infantry. I was going for a microcosm of a Soviet-style tank regiment conducting a stereotypical Soviet armored assault. Partly because the Syrians can pull it off when given the right equipment and training, and partly because I've always loved large scale eastern bloc equipment/formations. It was a lot of fun to play through and make!

I thought about including Hinds, but ended up omitting them. They would have attacked during the opening artillery barrage (which was also cut from the final edit) and their fire would have been indistinguishable from the larger artillery bombardment.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might have done the attackers a favour by leaving the Hinds out.....In CM:SF1 they are very prone to killing the guys at the wrong end of the blue line (I don't know if this is still the case in CM:SF2).  ;)

In CM:A on the other hand they are very, very thorough.  :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You might have done the attackers a favour by leaving the Hinds out.....In CM:SF1 they are very prone to killing the guys at the wrong end of the blue line (I don't know if this is still the case in CM:SF2).  ;)

In my limited experiences with Hinds in CMSF2 I haven't noticed any friendly fire incidents or other issues that caused me concern. I haven't tested it thoroughly, or used Hinds a lot, but what I have seen appears to look good. Tentative good news, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

@37mm Nice video.  Interesting how you showed the plans on the map and the the execution in the 3d environment.  +1

Wargamers love maps.

12 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

@37mm Nicely done! I'm always a fan of the cinematic approach to CM vids.

Ditto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 28, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Soldat-Hans said:

Is there a sound mod you use? Sounds really awesome!

My only problem with the sound mod is when one of the pixeltrubben uses the term "soldier!" No Marine will EVER call another Marine "soldier," unless he is insulting him and  wants to be a casualty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You might have done the attackers a favour by leaving the Hinds out.....In CM:SF1 they are very prone to killing the guys at the wrong end of the blue line (I don't know if this is still the case in CM:SF2).  ;)

In CM:A on the other hand they are very, very thorough.  :mellow:

In CMBS, "Rollin on the River," I used Apaches for air support. I think they attacked more of my men than my opponent's, even though none of mine were inside the defined attack zone area. I was rather upset 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

BPT: "Hey you guys are going the wrong way....."  :rolleyes:

RPT: "Allah Ackbar etc."  :ph34r:

BPT: "Fekk!"  :o

 

tickets please, tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for you Dutch armor fans, an improved texture for CV9035 just slipped in under the wire. MUCH better looking than the original CMSF1 texture, and better looking than the texture in the game a week ago.

 

CV9035.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am happy that these stock CMSF2 models are much better looking than the stock CMSF1 ones.   So far it seems like the stock CMSF2 looks as good as my heavily modded CMSF1.  That is good news as it would be wonderful to not have to mod everything the way we used to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×