Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

4 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

I like how you got the 'laser beam' effect for the tracers all lit up nice.

Yeah... it take two different curves & two different blooms to get that effect. I also use some vibrance & a film grain but, although the grain looks cool when playing, it doesn't seem to record too well (I'll drop it for any future night movies).

I've also today figured out how to use the lift gamma gain effect to recreate Ramblers green-o-vision effect... so now the nightvision mode can be used at any time.

Another thought I had today, was perhaps I could put bright pixels on uniforms which will then be picked up by the blooms & help represent those strobes I see soldiers often wearing during night actions...

Edited by 37mm

4 hours ago, 37mm said:

Yeah... it take two different curves & two different blooms to get that effect. I also use some vibrance & a film grain but, although the grain looks cool when playing, it doesn't seem to record too well (I'll drop it for any future night movies).

If I could request a version without film grain, that would be great.

I love the green look, I just hate the film grain effect. Remember, it's a representation of night vision, the player is not actually looking through an NVG set.

I'd expect film grain on a first-person shooter, not a strategy game.

@37mm those troops with the Fighter mask and the camo uniform look really good.  I've never cared for the vanilla looking fighters since IMO they are to ninja looking (or GI Joe Cobra looking).  So are those Fighters that were moded with camo or other troops that were given the mask?  However it was done it looks cool.  +1    

I just "borrowed" the insurgent mods from Dragonwyn's 'Mountains of Allah' Campaign.

Then renamed the UKR uniforms to Syrian Fighter uniforms, I've since realized they don't fully fit (knee protectors are the wrong way round for one thing).

However presumably it can be managed/fixed/improved (aka... avoiding knee caps) & extended to non-Winter mods (Blimey's seperatists).

Edited by 37mm

5 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

I've never cared for the vanilla looking fighters since IMO they are to ninja looking (or GI Joe Cobra looking).  

I have some coming, but they are a bit down the queue.  These pix were just first pass; proof of concept, lol.  If you have a camo scheme you'd like to see, let me know.  

A-fighters%202.png

A-fighters%203.png

While I'm in Photophuckit, here are some camo schemes I'm toying with for African Bush Wars.  I'm thinking I'll just put out a series of different uniforms schemes that can be used for all of the different Syrian unit types for mainly rebels and insurgents, but govt troops as well.  Then some from NATO types mainly to be govt troops, or at least govt spec ops.  Then y'all can pick and choose which camo to wear that day. 😉

Africans%202.png

Africans%201.png

Africans%203.png

5 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

I have some coming, but they are a bit down the queue.  These pix were just first pass; proof of concept, lol.  If you have a camo scheme you'd like to see, let me know.  

+1  Very cool mods.  Those already look way better than the vanilla fighter uniforms.  I'm not picky when it comes to the camo on Fighters.  Anything that breaks up the all black Ninja pajama look :D.  

+1  Wow, speaking of ninja while I was typing you posted some African mods and those look really, really cool.  Like photos out of Soldier Of Fortune Magazine.  Hmmm, I think the South Africans have a SWAPO base camp that needs clearing ....................:) 

Thanks MOS and  Cpt.  I use Corel Paintshop, and I do use a template...not the pattern tool, though. I make camo patterns from ones off the web, then have to usually size them and often stitch them together to get the patterns the right size and to cover the textures properly. (Cpt, those East German rain patterns you like were the only ones off the web that I didn't have to do a thing to in order to look right.) So, in other words, I'm self-taught and not working smart. But I have fun anyway, lol.

Do a web search of "African military camouflage schemes" or somesuch and you'll find all lot more variety than what I've shown here.

In the chaos of Aleppo there are simply too many sides.  While Sgt Spanglers team from the 10st sets up to ambush a Syrian Army tank a car bomb explodes up the street belonging to who knows.

Their aim is true but before they can even try to assess the damage a Javelin strikes from another team further up the street.

As the Syrians attempt to flee another team waiting in rooftop ambush cuts them down.

Aleppo 001.jpg

Aleppo 002.jpg

Aleppo 003.jpg

Aleppo 004.jpg

Aleppo 005.jpg

Aleppo 006.jpg

Edited by sburke

22 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Thanks MOS and  Cpt.  I use Corel Paintshop, and I do use a template...not the pattern tool, though. I make camo patterns from ones off the web, then have to usually size them and often stitch them together to get the patterns the right size and to cover the textures properly. (Cpt, those East German rain patterns you like were the only ones off the web that I didn't have to do a thing to in order to look right.) So, in other words, I'm self-taught and not working smart. But I have fun anyway, lol.

Do a web search of "African military camouflage schemes" or somesuch and you'll find all lot more variety than what I've shown here.

Looks very good mj.  You will be even happier once we get the Jungle terrain mod and Jungle Sounds mods available - hopefully next month (Inshallah).