Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

17 hours ago, 37mm said:

I think I might be giving that Tank Raid a go.

Here's "De Hinderlaag" (I had a request)...

... nice scenario, but I really think BFC should have called it "The Dutch in a pickle".

Excellent video - thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing you do Tank Raid :)

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

Ok...  How does one easily transfer close to half a TB of data?  You could try to be helpful...  

You don't have half a TB's worth of CMSF Mods... you have ~15GB. You said that yourself in Feb'18.

You might have half a TB's worth of mods from other games... but that's another matter.

10 hours ago, LukeFF said:
10 hours ago, Erwin said:

Ok...  How does one easily transfer close to half a TB of data?  You could try to be helpful...  

Well, there are these online repositories that have been created, you see...

Just for fun this is a great read: https://what-if.xkcd.com/31/

Note I am not saying that this means the mailing of a HD is the solution for this problem but it is a fun thought experiment.

12 hours ago, Erwin said:

The helpful thing has been done already, upload them to CMMODs. If you'd done one a day you could have uploaded 69 of them since ...

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/126413-loads-of-cmsf-mods-in-one-download-here/

Even if you'd uploaded one every couple of days we would be 34 mods better off.

Unfortunately the only place we're at is 'you could try to be helpful' or varying statements about how many mods you've got or the number of bytes they occupy on whatever storage media you have, which quite frankly is not helping anybody is it?

I thought you were studiously reading all my posts...  If you had, you would already know that I travel a lot and am often without internet.  That way you would know not to waste everyone's time with unhelpful suggestions.  However, we all appreciate your amusingly snarky and sarcastic comments.  Plz keep em coming...  We all need a good laugh from time to time.

To those who are interested in gaining access to 12 years worth of mods for all CM2 families, have arranged to send everything to Bootie when am next in UK so (Inshallah) they can be available to all.  So patience... We'll get there eventually...

Note that it is impractical for any one person to sort through ll the thousands of mods to determine which still work and which are obsolete.  That will almost certainly have to be up to individual gamers who can access what they want and check the mods individually - and if possible make a comment regarding if they still work so others don't have to waste their time. 

c'mon guys this is a screenshot thread.  This back and forth over a bunch of mods that may not even work  is getting old on top of proliferating across multiple forums.

Here is my solution.  Whoever wants it send a prepaid return envelope to Erwin with a USB external drive.  He can copy it and drop it in the mail.  Otherwise some day Erwin will go to UK with a hard drive to meet up with Bootie.  They will meet in a pub, get wildly drunk and lose said hard drive.  End of story.

12 minutes ago, sburke said:

bunch of mods that may not even work

I can confidently say that the vast majority do work across CM2 families as every game I have is very heavily modded.  CMSF1 uniforms apparently do not work in CMSF2.  But, am copying all other CMSF1 mods over and so far the vast majority all work.  And while CMSF2 is good out of the box, the mods markedly improve the look of the game - the sounds, terrain, FX, UI and the vehicles.

Not trying to sell anything.  I would been very happy had someone else had all these mods and made them available.  But it's been years since the Repository closed and CMMODS lost all the old ones, so have had accept the possibility that I have the mod equivalent of the lost library of Alexandria here.   

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, 37mm said:

I think I might be giving that Tank Raid a go.

Here's "De Hinderlaag" (I had a request)...

... nice scenario, but I really think BFC should have called it "The Dutch in a pickle".

Hi 37mm, first great video capture of the battle. Couple quick questions to you. What did you use to capture the battles? What movie program did you use to make the video?

I'm thinking on creating a thread just for movie making so that players can post their little secrets on making them. What do you think, should there be a video making thread?

1 hour ago, JohnO said:

Hi 37mm, first great video capture of the battle. Couple quick questions to you. What did you use to capture the battles? What movie program did you use to make the video?

I'm thinking on creating a thread just for movie making so that players can post their little secrets on making them. What do you think, should there be a video making thread?

I've been using Nvidia Geoforce Experience to capture for a few months now. It's much superior to Windows game-bar, which I had originally been using.

I just use the Windows photo's "Movie-Maker-lite" feature in Photo's. There are, again, much more professional programs out there (I've played around with a few) but I prefer the ease & simplicity of Photo's.

31 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

you can mod the CMSF2 Uncons to have uncovered faces? Cool! I thought texture swapping was no longer doable. All hail our @Mord scientist! Forward Soviet!

No. It comes out looking weird. These are Syrian reserves with a helmet mask and a quick and dirty uniform swap. Hex editing isn't doable with the models.

More here:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/134204-the-civil-war-is-back-on-the-menu-boys/

Having said all that, feel free to hail me anyway!

Mord.

4 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

How about you folks move the mod discussion to another thread, so we can get back to the 'splosions?

GET SOME!!

Unfortunately you are making me ask a mod question- which sound mod are you using.  I am getting sick of hearing some guy puke his guts up in mine - no pun intended