Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

2 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Just putzing, but it looks like Iraq CTS and even Opfor's may have new vehicles for the new year. Lots of work yet to dirty it up and add slogans, signage, etc., and I have uniforms to get to, but I hope to have some mods for you guys in the coming weeks.

CM%20Shock%20Force%202%202018-12-22%2022

WooYay for @mjkerner:D

Massive thanks for giving CTS a look, if you need any references or links, shoot me a PM.....Looks like I'm going to have to start mapping East Mosul after all:

HADBA-nuri77.JPG

Which will be fun!  :D

2 hours ago, mjkerner said:

Thanks, but I’m a bit intimidated cuz I never modded vehicles. Funny enough, I can paint and weather  miniature vehicles to a good standard, but we’ll see how this work on a screen. 

What scale do you work in?  I'm a BraillerB)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Fortunately I've had some practice, here's a bit of my first ever map, it's for CM:A, but the same principles apply, which TBH are quite different to the block formula used in West Mosul.

For this it's more a case of chuck the buildings in in 2d until it looks sufficiently crowded, then go into 3d to figure out what the hell they are and which ones connect to each other.  ;)

PS - The more urban maps I make, the more I have come to love the humble 1x1 tile modular building.....All the others are almost irrelevant compared to the power & flexibility of that little gem, I only really need the larger types to make big mosques!

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Yes, you are going to have to get back to mapping, Sgt, Squarehead! You were part of the inspiration for CTS mods in the first place.

I do 28mm. But I haven't done much with them since I got back into SF.

Thanks, I'm good for now on the references, but I'll let you know if I need any information.

1 hour ago, Chops said:

Can you spot those responsible for this major defeat?

Far left, center of the pic's edge.

38 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

In anticipation of the scheduled v2.01 patch, I thought I'd remind old-time CMSF players that the game's got new vehicles. Here's the mortar vehicles, soon to be of considerably more utility than they are at present.

Yeah, that's cool. I picked up on all those my first night with the game. I went into the editor and searched out all the vehicles to see what was added. If I remember correctly, the Syrian Reserves or Militia were also given technicals. I don't think that was in SF1. Also they added a new OpFor supply truck. And the old blue car got a paintjob.

Btw. I reported this to Sburke but I wanted to mention it again, Syrians have no armor portraits at all, the US Army isn't using its armor portrait, and the Syrian Spies are using regular Combatant and Fighter portraits instead of their own spy portrait.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Yeah I have several settings that I use. I think this one was lumasharpen, a tad of vibrance and a multilut. Lumasharpen seems to make it look way more crisp but doesn't seem to affect fps much compared to other sharpening options in reshade, vibrance to make the colours pop and multilut because the default game is just too greenish for me.

But I can't get reshade to look super good to be honest so I cheated a bit with photoshop on this one, the depth of field blur in particular, I have just added it. My game doesn't look like that at all.

If it looks too dark for you though, this should be easy to fix. Try playing with either curves or levels and toy with the sliders. That will probably help.

edit : The last one looks really good Lethaface.

Edited by Zveroboy1

28 minutes ago, Zveroboy1 said:

Yeah I have several settings that I use. I think this one was lumasharpen, a tad of vibrance and a multilut. Lumasharpen seems to make it look way more crisp but doesn't seem to affect fps much compared to other sharpening options in reshade, vibrance to make the colours pop and multilut because the default game is just too greenish for me.

But I can't get reshade to look super good to be honest so I cheated a bit with photoshop on this one, the depth of field blur in particular, I have just added it. My game doesn't look like that at all.

If it looks too dark for you though, this should be easy to fix. Try playing with either curves or levels and toy with the sliders. That will probably help.

edit : The last one looks really good Lethaface.

Thanks!

They are a bit large but in 1440p if you click on m. Reshade has definetely grown on me, I use the settings that Mord provided. On some maps or with certain lighting conditions it can look too much, but often it looks splendid!

I liked this one too:

49330148_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2018_12.26-02_21_59_45.thumb.png.9feb96f215276a913c5929e745045f12.png

30 minutes ago, Rafterman said:

Nice grab! Are you using reshade and what settings? I tried setting up reshade because @Mord has some amazing screenshots, but for some reason it feels very dark on my monitor.

Start with Multi-LUT. Select any one of the dozen or so LUTs it provides. Play with the Chroma and Luma until you notice how each effects your scene. As @Zveroboy posted, it's easy to fix. Curves, for example, adds contrast and if you chose, via it's controls, to effect Luma  it willl be 'darker' than if you opt for Chroma.

The attached preset relies on ReShade 4.0.2 and does AA, mid-tone color transformation, sharpen and contrast at very little FPS cost. What it does is illustrate is how bad the 'default' settings are. Take the time to play with the sliders. I tend towards minimal FPS cost and sharpen/contrast to help middle-aged eyes. I can also play with it always on. The attached preset assumes you have in-game AA OFF and in-game Shaders  ON.

When I feel like taking screen shots, I load another preset more tuned to the 'sexier' grabs others have posted.

Try altering the settings of Multi-LUT until you see the differences this single effect has on your scene. Build from there as you like. In CMBN, I have a six different presets providing cartoon, night, photo real, etc..

You don't need to go this extreme but you should at least - tune your selection to meet your need.

CMSF2.ini

17 hours ago, Howler said:

Start with Multi-LUT. Select any one of the dozen or so LUTs it provides. Play with the Chroma and Luma until you notice how each effects your scene. As @Zveroboy posted, it's easy to fix. Curves, for example, adds contrast and if you chose, via it's controls, to effect Luma  it willl be 'darker' than if you opt for Chroma.

The attached preset relies on ReShade 4.0.2 and does AA, mid-tone color transformation, sharpen and contrast at very little FPS cost. What it does is illustrate is how bad the 'default' settings are. Take the time to play with the sliders. I tend towards minimal FPS cost and sharpen/contrast to help middle-aged eyes. I can also play with it always on. The attached preset assumes you have in-game AA OFF and in-game Shaders  ON.

When I feel like taking screen shots, I load another preset more tuned to the 'sexier' grabs others have posted.

Try altering the settings of Multi-LUT until you see the differences this single effect has on your scene. Build from there as you like. In CMBN, I have a six different presets providing cartoon, night, photo real, etc..

You don't need to go this extreme but you should at least - tune your selection to meet your need.

CMSF2.ini

Thanks a lot for the in-depth answer! That preset is just what I'm looking for. So far I play with it just as it is, but I'm planning to do some tweaking. You are not wrong when it comes to the vanilla settings. It really doesn't take much to make this game pop! 

9 hours ago, Rafterman said:

Thanks a lot for the in-depth answer! That preset is just what I'm looking for. So far I play with it just as it is, but I'm planning to do some tweaking. You are not wrong when it comes to the vanilla settings. It really doesn't take much to make this game pop!  

You're welcome. I should clarify and state that I mean the default settings of the actual shaders you enable in ReShade. I find each CM release is getting prettier OOTB. I don't use near as many mods. And, the first time, I don't miss having a UI mod such as is offered by JuJu's or Steppenwulf which either says something about my eyesight or the developer's effort in later releases...

All the best and don't hesitate to ask follow-up questions. There are a lot of posters here using ReShade to great effect.

An attempt to speed past and evade a checkpoint while operating a vehicle with an illegally modified suspension system. 

1zEjVUjh.jpg

p7U0ki2h.jpg

8t3Kzaeh.jpg

Dispatch, ............ this is checkpoint two...................request the fire department and tow truck this location, ........over.                

7 hours ago, HerrTom said:

What's the scenario (or is it your own doing? In which case - gimme gimme)?

Thanks for showing an interest.  This is a WIP fictional red vs red AI only scenario of a Coup d’etat set on a 1072 meter by 592 meter urban map.  The map is a modified version of @LongLeftFlank Ramadi-Government-Center map.  The scenario has a variable end time.  The optimal scenario length is two hours however it can be played to three hours.  If the scenario is played longer than two hours the AI is awarded an extra 200 Victory Points.  

The player leads an early morning (0400hrs) Coup d’etat.  The player starts with a small force and attempts to recruit additional units while weakening the regime until ultimately the balance of power flips allowing the player to take control of the city. To achieve this "flip of power" the player can choose a combination of methods: ambushes, street fighting, bribery, assassination, IEDs, VBIEDs, mercenary units, HUMINT, TSE, foreign assistance (in the form of Intelligence, operatives, money, supplies, & SF unit) and radio propaganda.  Wise tactical employment of infantry units in a MOUT environment will also be necessary.  If the player fails in the coup attempt his coup leader HQ team can flee to the US consulate (which contains an exit zone).  The scenario would still be lost but making it to the consulate might be the difference between a major defeat and a tactical defeat depending on the situation etc.  

Waiting on the CMSF2 patch and beta testing.     In a week or two I'll start a forum thread on it like I did with CMBS Tactical Operations Center (TOC).   Below is a screenshot of an IED as viewed by US Marines from the roof of the US consulate (looking northeast).

y0roJxMh.jpg