Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

19 hours ago, sburke said:

Have to see if I can find it again.  

Cool.  However it was probably a different MP unit involved so a different unit patch.  The 933rd MP Company is part of the 33rd MP Bn., 404th Maneuver Enhanced Brigade. 

And of course I made up the "Street Sweeper" sign to go with the campaign they will eventually feature in. :D   

Edited by MOS:96B2P

6 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Cool.  However it was probably a different MP unit involved so a different unit patch.  The 933rd MP Company is part of the 33rd MP Bn., 404th Maneuver Enhanced Brigade. 

And of course I made up the "Street Sweeper" sign to go with the campaign they will eventually feature in. :D   

Found it.

Most of these units performed well at the company level and below, such as the troops of the Kentucky-based 617th Military Police Company. When ambushed near Salman Pak on March 20, 2005, the 617th Military Police Company responded so ferociously that it routed its attackers, killing 27 insurgents and wounding or capturing 7 others in intense fighting that required the guardsmen to clear two enemy trenches in close combat. One Soldier, Staff Sergeant Timothy Nein, was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and two others were awarded the Silver Star. One of the Silver Stars was awarded to Sergeant Leigh Ann Hester, who became the first woman to earn the award since World War II and the first woman to earn the medal for close combat. 149

US Army, United States Government. The U.S. Army in the Iraq War Volume 1: Invasion Insurgency Civil War 2003 – 2006 (Kindle Locations 16225-16231). Kindle Edition. 

Assassin 3 roars across the canal under the watchful eyes of both Assassin actual (Cpt Patterson) and Godfather (Lt Col Ferrando)

1309963777_GK007.thumb.jpg.ab0cc6a002c05790342a293882887e38.jpg

Assassin 3 actual (Lt Velasco) gets the first "oh s**t" look at the days objective Al Rafai .  They need to push through the town as it's bridge is the only crossing toward their objective Al Kut for another 17 klicks.

1567229421_GK008.thumb.jpg.f7390873df45f2cc2f7e24c2d0a8a417.jpg

Edited by sburke

8 hours ago, sburke said:

Assassin 3 roars across the canal under the watchful eyes of both Assassin actual (Cpt Patterson) and Godfather (Lt Col Ferrando)

+1.  Cool stuff.  Using the call signs adds immersion.  I've never gotten around to watching the entire Generation Kill series.  I should probably add that to my list. 

13 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1.  Cool stuff.  Using the call signs adds immersion.  I've never gotten around to watching the entire Generation Kill series.  I should probably add that to my list. 

You must. The closest ive seen the military portrayed on TV:

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

There is a discussion on YouTube with the actual principle characters and Evan Wright. The characters are really well represented and the show is just funny as hell sometimes  the book is worth reading but the film follows it pretty well  

Edited by sburke

8 hours ago, Boche said:

Sweeeeet!

@sburke Have you thought of using Mjkerners USMC gear and helmets mod to have the marines wear woodland? to simulate the woodland MOPP gear they where wearing?

Excellent idea - trying it out though and not sure why it isn't showing, but it appears in naming format.  Either that or I have the wrong mod.  There are 4 marine uniform mods on CMMODs.  3 seems special force oriented and one is the 3 color mod.  I may have to play around with this assuming I am in the right place....

Still you are absolutely right, these guys need a little work ;)  

7 minutes ago, Boche said:

Strange, they seem to work preety well with me on the get go. They would/should look like this when you play around with it. 

https://ibb.co/v37s9xr 

which mod is it?  The thread doesn't have an actual link.  the 3 color mod appears to be from Chris.  Hmm that might explain it - I think I am looking at CMSF 1 mods...errrrrrrrrrr

Got it, was under "uncategorized".  :P  

Edited by sburke

A fire control party from Bn joins the OP where Assassin 1 and Assassin actual are set up.  Unfortunately by the time they are in position the enemy mortar team has fired off their few rounds and retreated back into the town.

765023200_GK014.thumb.jpg.7c8643521c24f5f8a0a42bc9cfd55a60.jpg

1862072107_GK015.thumb.jpg.364879082ebc434be811e7b85352456a.jpg

Edited by sburke