Jump to content
Battlefront.com

CMSF2 Release Update

Recommended Posts

Hi,

in 2009 i bought  CMSF1+Marines bundle. It's not installed anymore

Now i bought the upgrade CMSF2. I installed the 2GB download. After clicking the game-icon the activation window appears. I typed in the code i got by e-mail. and it stated "success" - base game activated. I clicked the play-button in the middle of the window. Then the window dissappeared and after a few seconds another window appeared with just a picture fireing tank inside. Then nothing happend......

What i am doing wrong!

Thank you guys! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hafer said:

Hi,

in 2009 i bought  CMSF1+Marines bundle. It's not installed anymore

Now i bought the upgrade CMSF2. I installed the 2GB download. After clicking the game-icon the activation window appears. I typed in the code i got by e-mail. and it stated "success" - base game activated. I clicked the play-button in the middle of the window. Then the window dissappeared and after a few seconds another window appeared with just a picture fireing tank inside. Then nothing happend......

What i am doing wrong!

Thank you guys! 🙂

Solution: I tried to type in my old CMSF activation code - now it worked. You have to type in both (new + old) codes.. ,))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Just waiting for the transaction to complete.....So excited to get into the editor and see what I can get up to! 

Hats off to the BfC crew.....Xmas will be fun after all!  :D

Did you read about Spies doing buddy aid, getting an AK and hand grenades, and ambushing blues all on their own? There's a thread in the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

They do that in CM:SF and CM:A already.....Ask me how I know!  :P

Order's still processing.....Getting impatient now!  :unsure:

I bought mine last Tuesday, and it still says "Processing." Use the download link in the confirmation e-mail that you received. Choose your file based on your operating system, and you should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I haven't received the confirmation e-mail either.....Wondering if there might be an issue?  :(

Check your spam folder if you dont see it there open a help desk ticket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My influensa brain may have missed it, but did we get any timeline on British and Nato modules, are they upgraded with the new ai etc or was that to come later on - even tho we can download them now?

Edited by NeoOhm
Modules, not Mudules :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeoOhm said:

My influensa brain may have missed it, but did we get any timeline on British and Nato modules, are they upgraded with the new ai etc or was that to come later on - even tho we can download them now?

Modules are done, it is the two campaigns that are still being worked on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, sburke said:

Modules are done, it is the two campaigns that are still being worked on. 

Tack så mycket min käre medspelare och forumkompanjon.
Swedish
*Thank you very much my dear co-gamer and forum companion" 


Dang! Forgot to ask, so the modules are pimped up etc but not the AI in the campaigns in Brit NATO?

Edited by NeoOhm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NeoOhm said:



Dang! Forgot to ask, so the modules are pimped up etc but not the AI in them?

Many of the scenarios of all the modules had a going over. In a lot of cases that included new AI scheme(s). Not every single one, but a lot of them. They were at least looked at to see if they had a reasonable AI scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!

I saw the next step is patches for all the titles, and all of them are about the same in coding now or will be - i just have a huge problem with CMBS - Black Sea - it takes alot longer to save and to load.
Hope that is an issue and not something that just is.

Anyhow, this game this winter in the dark snowy Sweden = Hooahh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeoOhm said:

Thank you!

I saw the next step is patches for all the titles, and all of them are about the same in coding now or will be - i just have a huge problem with CMBS - Black Sea - it takes alot longer to save and to load.
Hope that is an issue and not something that just is.

Anyhow, this game this winter in the dark snowy Sweden = Hooahh!

I don't know if this applies to you, but I've noticed that the more mods I have installed, the longer it takes the game to start up or save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

I don't know if this applies to you, but I've noticed that the more mods I have installed, the longer it takes the game to start up or save.

Hummmm...

Testing that a few of us did a while back (yeah a long while) showed very little difference for load times with mods present:

If that has changed I would consider it a bug. Note I have *not* noticed any  issues with CMBS or CMSF loading or saving slowly for any reason (other than loading or saving really huge games that is:-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed a slightly longer load time the first time  I load the game after I add/change out a new mod(s), but then it returns to normal thereafter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed faster load times for CMSF2 versus CMBS but put that down to number of trees/features a map contains rather than the number of mods used. Could it simply be the leaves swaying in the breeze slowing systems down which aren't as prevalent in CMSF2 maps?

Lager maps are slower. But, the delay in CMSF2 is counted in seconds whereas in CMBS/BN it's minutes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mjkerner said:

I have noticed a slightly longer load time the first time  I load the game after I add/change out a new mod(s), but then it returns to normal thereafter.

I'll check out the load times next time I fire it up.. It might just be my perception. I'll probably run some tests and time them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...