CMSF2 Release Update

Hi,

in 2009 i bought  CMSF1+Marines bundle. It's not installed anymore

Now i bought the upgrade CMSF2. I installed the 2GB download. After clicking the game-icon the activation window appears. I typed in the code i got by e-mail. and it stated "success" - base game activated. I clicked the play-button in the middle of the window. Then the window dissappeared and after a few seconds another window appeared with just a picture fireing tank inside. Then nothing happend......

What i am doing wrong!

Thank you guys! 🙂

7 minutes ago, Hafer said:

Hi,

in 2009 i bought  CMSF1+Marines bundle. It's not installed anymore

Now i bought the upgrade CMSF2. I installed the 2GB download. After clicking the game-icon the activation window appears. I typed in the code i got by e-mail. and it stated "success" - base game activated. I clicked the play-button in the middle of the window. Then the window dissappeared and after a few seconds another window appeared with just a picture fireing tank inside. Then nothing happend......

What i am doing wrong!

Thank you guys! 🙂

Solution: I tried to type in my old CMSF activation code - now it worked. You have to type in both (new + old) codes.. ,))

17 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Just waiting for the transaction to complete.....So excited to get into the editor and see what I can get up to! 

Hats off to the BfC crew.....Xmas will be fun after all!  :D

Did you read about Spies doing buddy aid, getting an AK and hand grenades, and ambushing blues all on their own? There's a thread in the forum.

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

They do that in CM:SF and CM:A already.....Ask me how I know!  :P

Order's still processing.....Getting impatient now!  :unsure:

I bought mine last Tuesday, and it still says "Processing." Use the download link in the confirmation e-mail that you received. Choose your file based on your operating system, and you should be good.

• 3 weeks later...

My influensa brain may have missed it, but did we get any timeline on British and Nato modules, are they upgraded with the new ai etc or was that to come later on - even tho we can download them now?

Edited by NeoOhm
Modules, not Mudules :)

1 hour ago, NeoOhm said:

My influensa brain may have missed it, but did we get any timeline on British and Nato modules, are they upgraded with the new ai etc or was that to come later on - even tho we can download them now?

Modules are done, it is the two campaigns that are still being worked on. 

8 hours ago, sburke said:

Modules are done, it is the two campaigns that are still being worked on. 

Tack så mycket min käre medspelare och forumkompanjon.
Swedish
*Thank you very much my dear co-gamer and forum companion" 

Dang! Forgot to ask, so the modules are pimped up etc but not the AI in the campaigns in Brit NATO?

Edited by NeoOhm

6 minutes ago, NeoOhm said:

Dang! Forgot to ask, so the modules are pimped up etc but not the AI in them?

Many of the scenarios of all the modules had a going over. In a lot of cases that included new AI scheme(s). Not every single one, but a lot of them. They were at least looked at to see if they had a reasonable AI scheme.

Thank you!

I saw the next step is patches for all the titles, and all of them are about the same in coding now or will be - i just have a huge problem with CMBS - Black Sea - it takes alot longer to save and to load.
Hope that is an issue and not something that just is.

Anyhow, this game this winter in the dark snowy Sweden = Hooahh!

4 hours ago, NeoOhm said:

Thank you!

I saw the next step is patches for all the titles, and all of them are about the same in coding now or will be - i just have a huge problem with CMBS - Black Sea - it takes alot longer to save and to load.
Hope that is an issue and not something that just is.

Anyhow, this game this winter in the dark snowy Sweden = Hooahh!

I don't know if this applies to you, but I've noticed that the more mods I have installed, the longer it takes the game to start up or save.

10 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

I don't know if this applies to you, but I've noticed that the more mods I have installed, the longer it takes the game to start up or save.

Hummmm...

Testing that a few of us did a while back (yeah a long while) showed very little difference for load times with mods present:

If that has changed I would consider it a bug. Note I have *not* noticed any  issues with CMBS or CMSF loading or saving slowly for any reason (other than loading or saving really huge games that is:-).

I've noticed faster load times for CMSF2 versus CMBS but put that down to number of trees/features a map contains rather than the number of mods used. Could it simply be the leaves swaying in the breeze slowing systems down which aren't as prevalent in CMSF2 maps?

Lager maps are slower. But, the delay in CMSF2 is counted in seconds whereas in CMBS/BN it's minutes...

9 hours ago, mjkerner said:

I have noticed a slightly longer load time the first time  I load the game after I add/change out a new mod(s), but then it returns to normal thereafter.

I'll check out the load times next time I fire it up.. It might just be my perception. I'll probably run some tests and time them.