CMSF2 Release Update

20 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Fixed!  CMSF2 Modules no longer come with a shipping cost.  As it should be!

I'll check to see if anybody just purchased with the shipping costs and process a refund for that.

Steve

Hi Steve, didn't work for me. I try to purchase Uprages for the basegame and marines and the modules british and nato, still shipment costs...

Hi, tested and there must be Shipping costs on the basegame upgrade, without it, the costs are gone.

Edited by altersack

14 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Dang, I'll fix that too.  I set those Modules up for sale months ago and I didn't think to recheck them today.

Steve

No worries! :)

14 minutes ago, rocketman said:

There should be a download link in the confirmation email of your purchase. Try that.

Indeed, thanks! 

Downloading now.

Paid for the big bundle of upgrades, under my account it says Process, while all my previous items are completed?

A quick admin point: The description of the Big Bundle and the 3 Module Bundle is kind of ambiguous. The Mac version of SF 1 was only sold with all modules, so which is the appropriate one?

If I overpaid, consider the $10 a donation towards those patches. 😉

Edited by DougPhresh

CMSF 2 Upgrade "Big Bundle" ... Purchased, Download, Installed, Follow instructions to Activate and Get Some 😀

1249627104_CMSF2.jpg.549c018f6e6a3e330ea11cdd4ef1a9a8.jpg1871374303_CMSF2Intro.thumb.jpg.1ebaa09fdc80affcbe4a5e31bd7799fc.jpg

Seamless....👍 another Happy Holidays from Battlefront. 

Thank you Battlefront, Steve, Charles and ALL those Elves who made CMSF 2 happen. You all hit the 🎯 10 ring again.

Buzz

3 minutes ago, domfluff said:

You won't need to CMSF 1 installed.

The upgrade bit is that it (apparently) uses your old CMSF 1 activation key (haven't gotten there yet), but that's it.

I got as far as activating all old modules and the big upgrade bundle, just need to find out my old CMSF1 key. When I click play now I do get the empty license screen. But I guess that's correct since I don't have my license anymore. 
I'll open a ticket as suggested by Steve a while back.

Just about to purchase the upgrade, but...

I'm a Paradox buyer who upgraded via the $1 upgrade then bought the "CMSF Original 3 Module Bundle"
CMSF-B3V1. Do I just buy the Big $35 Bundle and the download will work and activate? The key to the CMSF-B3V1 bundle activated everything for CMSF1 including the base game.  I'm holding fire after reading the requirement below, since as a Paradox buyer we had no original BF key for the base game.

"Requirements

The CMSF1 Base Game Upgrade works with an original Battlefront purchased CMSF1 Base Game license key."

22 minutes ago, altersack said:

Hi Steve, didn't work for me. I try to purchase Uprages for the basegame and marines and the modules british and nato, still shipment costs...

Hmm.  I double checked and the settings should be correct now.  I think those variables are set at the time you move something into your cart.  Try clearing your Cart and putting them back in again.

11 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

Paid for the big bundle of upgrades, under my account it says Process, while all my previous items are completed?

This is a system wide glitch that I've not figured out a hack around.  We've been manually marking stuff "Completed" in batches so eventually it will be updated.  Your download link in your confirmation will work.

11 minutes ago, DougPhresh said:

A quick admin point: The description of the Big Bundle and the 3 Module Bundle is kind of ambiguous. The Mac version of SF 1 was only sold with all modules, so which is the appropriate one?

If I overpaid, consider the $10 a donation towards those patches. 😉

No, you didn't overpay 😉  Mac customers can upgrade any/all of their stuff by choice now just like Windows users.  I'll make a note of that somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

I bought the upgrade.  Do I have to have CMSF 1 installed and activated to run.  I don't and CMSF 2 asks for the activation, activates, and then hangs for a bit and eventually brings up a blank window.  Anyone else seen this?

I'll submit a ticket.

An old CMSF1 installation isn't used in any way, shape, or form because everything is different. Including the file structures on the disk.  I'll try to make it clearer that this is a 100% fresh install. 

Steve

9 minutes ago, Harry Speakup said:

Just about to purchase the upgrade, but...

I'm a Paradox buyer who upgraded via the $1 upgrade then bought the "CMSF Original 3 Module Bundle"
CMSF-B3V1. Do I just buy the Big $35 Bundle and the download will work and activate? The key to the CMSF-B3V1 bundle activated everything for CMSF1 including the base game.  I'm holding fire after reading the requirement below, since as a Paradox buyer we had no original BF key for the base game.

"Requirements

The CMSF1 Base Game Upgrade works with an original Battlefront purchased CMSF1 Base Game license key."

The Retail Upgrade key for Paradox users will work just fine as it is considered a "original Battlefront purchased" license key.  I will change the text to be clearer. 

The way the system works is any Battlefront CMSF1 key fulfills the Upgrade requirement for whatever Upgrades you purchase provided it's the same product (CMSF1 Marines Bundle works for CMSF2 Base and CMSF2 Marines Module).  You could have a single CMSF1 key that unlocks all content but choose to only Upgrade the Base Game now, then Modules one at a time later.  There's no pressure to Upgrade everything right now.  Well, except peer pressure ;)

Steve

Just downloaded the Windows version of the Big Bundle Upgrade using my e-mail confirmation. It downloaded as a *.rar file. I expanded using 7 something, ran the installer, and ran the application. Nothing happened. Ran the "additional" license app, nothing. I've downloaded ALLof the other CM2 games, and none of them have been *.rar files, and all have worked. What gives?

18 minutes ago, Soldat-Hans said:

So whats with the people, who bought the first game and should pay less?

A good question :)  This is a very unique situation that no other CM product has ever been in.  There's two primary concepts behind what we did:

1.  Since the content of CMSF2 is (mostly) the same as CMSF1, we felt it is wrong to not offer a discount for moving to CMSF2.  On the other hand, the work that went into CMSF2 is way, way, way, WAY more than what we put into a normal Upgrade.  So we compromised by making the CMSF1 Upgrades slightly more than other Upgrades, but far less than a brand new purchase.

2.  As a tangible and meaningful THANK YOU to CMSF1 customers for supporting our move into uncharted territory with the CM2 engine.  We wouldn't be here without them, so we wanted to do something special.  Obviously the people that bought CMSF1 long after the transition happened are benefiting from this as well, however we didn't want to play favorites by drawing an artificial line and say "if you bought before X date you get an Upgrade, otherwise you have to repurchase".

I guess a third reason is we have a soft spot in our hearts for CMSF1 and felt a personal sense of pride in upgrading it.  That's kinda a reward all on its own.  Sappy, but true ;)

Steve

5 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

Just downloaded the Windows version of the Big Bundle Upgrade using my e-mail confirmation. It downloaded as a *.rar file. I expanded using 7 something, ran the installer, and ran the application. Nothing happened. Ran the "additional" license app, nothing. I've downloaded ALLof the other CM2 games, and none of them have been *.rar files, and all have worked. What gives?

Strange!  Well, for sure there's nothing inherently wrong with the file you downloaded because that's what everybody here had downloaded (all options with a Base Game point to the same physical file). 

Sometimes the size of the RAR file causes older programs to fail, but this is smaller than some of the others you've downloaded.  Which is a bit odd.  However, our standard advice is to update your decompression program or download the free version of Bandizip which works very well with large compressed files.

Steve