CMSF2 Release Update

10 minutes ago, IanL said:

I believe the campaigns from the modules have not been reworked but every thing else is done. If I recall correctly the plan was to ship the old campaigns with the game. So, nothing is totally missing. I didn't look at that in the later builds so that is from memory - I only have access to my phone at the moment . 

What was said previously was that the core campaign and the Marines campaign would ship updated, but the NATO and British campaigns would ship with their original versions, to be updated later. It was also said that all scenarios would be updated.

No idea if any or all of that still holds, of course, but that's the expectation.

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

Had to do the same thing. Thanks for noticing this, I was getting frustrated. Preordered first day as well.

😭😭😭😭

It seems that I deleted the mail by mistake. I guess I'll have to wait for the link to be available in the order page....

Ok, that was a very short wait hahahahahahaha one minute after posting this the link is in the order page 😀😀 awesome

Edited by Zaba

4 minutes ago, IanL said:

Ah which bug is that?

The big unsightly  vertical gaps where modular building are joined. Looks ok from outside but move troops inside or even just the camera and you will see them on any urban scenario. Troops can can take and give fire through them and even move through them at ground level. Particularly annoying on Breaking the Bank where you can take fire through a supposedly solid wall.

3 minutes ago, Hilts said:

The big unsightly  vertical gaps where modular building are joined. Looks ok from outside but move troops inside or even just the camera and you will see them on any urban scenario. Troops can can take and give fire through them and even move through them at ground level. Particularly annoying on Breaking the Bank where you can take fire through a supposedly solid wall.

Can you post screenshot of an example? I saw a gap like that, but couldn't fire out through it or move through it on ground level. This was in the Alamo scenario.

16 minutes ago, Hilts said:

I recall it being discussed but I didn't realize that troops could move through them or take fire from them. I just checked and I don't see it in the bug list. I will either find it or log it if it really is not in the list already.

Just now, IanL said:

I recall it being discussed but I didn't realize that troops could move through them or take fire from them. I just checked and I don't see it in the bug list. I will either find it or log it if it really is not in the list already.

Yeah we need to document and be able to replicate. I have not seen this particular item. Not yet anyway. 

9 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Can you post screenshot of an example? I saw a gap like that, but couldn't fire out through it or move through it on ground level. This was in the Alamo scenario.

I haven't got a screenshot of that particular example. It happened a while back when I was playing the demo. I don't think you can order a move through it. It my case it happened when I entered a building with no windows in the far wall. The troops gravitated towards the gap because there were enemy across the courtyard as if it was a window/door and one slipped through into the open and was promptly shot. The gaps are visible in all the demo scenarios where buildings join but you will only notice troops firing through them if there is no window available.

1 minute ago, altersack said:

Hi, the Upgrades are available now , now i try to buy modules nur zur shoppage say hat they are out of stock, and ideas why?

Some kind of mistake. Please open a ticket - that's the fastest way to get the problem in front of the people who can fix it. (which is not me BTW :-)

39 minutes ago, Hilts said:

In my case it happened when I entered a building with no windows in the far wall. The troops gravitated towards the gap because there were enemy across the courtyard as if it was a window/door and one slipped through into the open and was promptly shot. The gaps are visible in all the demo scenarios where buildings join but you will only notice troops firing through them if there is no window available.

IIRC from a post a long time ago, the presence of windows in a wall, or lack thereof, doesn't determine whether or not one can fire through the wall. I remember approaching a windowless wall in a scenario in the CMFI demo and getting slaughtered by the enemy firing through the windowless wall. So the "gap" between buildings isn't necessarily the reason the pixeltrubben are able to fire through the wall.

Now to go to the order page and see if I can buy my "upgraded Big Bundle!" Lack of updated campaigns is not an issue for me since I was able to play only the Stryker and Sempre Fi campaigns in the original due to RL time conflicts (and CMFI+GL, CMBN+CW+MG+action packs, CMRT, CMBS, and CMFB).

Edited by Vet 0369

6 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Great! It is :) 
I just placed an order, it's now in 'process' status, is that correct?.

Shipment # 1 - Download for International
Shipment status: Pending

There should be a download link in the confirmation email of your purchase. Try that.