CMSF2 Release Update

Technically they are finished. They are in the process of being revamped. They will run just like they did in SF1, but with updated models and textures and newer exe.  What the won't have is updated maps and updated AI. Which will be coming.   Maybe it wasn't entirely clear.

Edited by Ultradave

10 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Technically they are finished. They are in the process of being revamped. They will run just like they did in SF1, but with updated models and textures and newer exe.  What the won't have is updated maps and updated AI. Which will be coming.   Maybe it wasn't entirely clear.

Who are you...and what have you done with Ultraman ?

Sorry, I think you misunderstand, reply was to answer the question was if the full game would have NATO and British content available as Quick Battles, since the updated versions of those campaigns will not be included with CMSF 2 at launch.

Since "all standalone" scenarios are apparently part of CMSF at launch, then there's no reason why the Quick Battle forces wouldn't be - it's just the NATO and British campaigns that will be delayed.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:46 PM, Ts4EVER said:

Hmmm... do you think it is a good idea to do that? It is one thing if you communicate this here and I totally see your reasoning, but if you include these campaigns in an unfinished state, you are technically releasing a faulty or buggy product. Not every customer browses the forums and will be able or willing to get this information. I'd be careful with that from a marketing perspective.

Should be avoidable by labeling them as 'not upgraded to CMSF2 standards'. Just like how some scenarios warn you there are no AI plans for red/blue, would be easy to tell if included in the description

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:02 AM, domfluff said:

If they're releasing "all standalone scenarios", then you'd assume that Quick Battle content would be complete as well.

The Quick Battle Maps are very well along.  No QB Map shipped in CMSF2 is an untouched hold over from CMSF1.  And there are a LOT OF THEM

On 10/17/2018 at 1:17 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Yes.  As mentioned above, all of the forces (units) in the Modules are all set.  What's not set is some of the Campaigns.  In practical terms what this means is if you purchase British and/or NATO Modules you'll get full access to all the forces and stand alone battles, but the Campaigns will be the same as CMSF1. We're including them more-or-less as placeholders.  Personally, I'd recommend not playing them even though you definitely can if you want to.

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve.  So if I buy the big bundle will a new version be released as an update when the NATO and British campaigns are ready?

On 10/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, MarkEzra said:

The Quick Battle Maps are very well along.  No QB Map shipped in CMSF2 is an untouched hold over from CMSF1.  And there are a LOT OF THEM

:) A LOT OF MarkEzra CMSF2 Quick Battle Maps is going to put a smile on many faces for a long... long time :)

Thanks Mark👍

Buzz

22 hours ago, Buzz said:

:) A LOT OF MarkEzra CMSF2 Quick Battle Maps is going to put a smile on many faces for a long... long time :)

Thanks Mark👍

Buzz

Well said.

Mark's work takes CM maps not to the next level or a new level ... but to a level none of us thought possible. 

Kevin

What does this mean for those who bought the complete package and do not have the original games? We just have to wait?

Based on the above:

Yes.  As mentioned above, all of the forces (units) in the Modules are all set.  What's not set is some of the Campaigns.  In practical terms what this means is if you purchase British and/or NATO Modules you'll get full access to all the forces and stand alone battles, but the Campaigns will be the same as CMSF1. We're including them more-or-less as placeholders.  Personally, I'd recommend not playing them even though you definitely can if you want to.

Steve

That implies that if you buy the full bundle, you'll get CMSF 2 and all modules when that's released. This will include updated campaigns, and some which have not been updated yet (the campaigns that come with the UK and NATO modules). Based on Steve's assertion that scenarios produced for CMSF will work in CMSF (and therefore can take advantage of the vast amount of content out there), these should be fully functional campaigns, but not necessarily balanced with the newer systems, prettified or otherwise updated (e.g., having buildings taller than eight stories, non-visible trenches, etc.).

We all have to wait, and I imagine we'll all be waiting more or less exactly the same amount of time.

9 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

I have the complete CMSF1 with all modules patched to 1.32 so when i purchase the new upgrade for CMSF2 with all modules will it remove the old CMSF1 or will I have both games ?

CMSF2 is not an upgrade per se. It is CMSF redone in the 4.0 engine so look at it as 2 very similar games, but one is way better. 😎

I'm still not clear what happens for those of us who are buying the Shock Force 2 bundle totally fresh with no upgrade.  Do we get a digital download initially which will be followed by an update for British and NATO? 

Also am I right in assuming that if we want a hard copy, it won't ship until all the packs have been completed?

7 minutes ago, Majick said:

I'm still not clear what happens for those of us who are buying the Shock Force 2 bundle totally fresh with no upgrade.  Do we get a digital download initially which will be followed by an update for British and NATO

All the modules will be delivered, all scenarios even those of the modules. You will just have British campaign and the three NATO campaign later. This is how I understand the following quote: 

On 10/17/2018 at 6:23 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Instead, we're moving towards releasing all the stand alone scenarios, the Base Game campaign (TF Lighting), and the campaign for Marines (Semper Fi!) in one go.  That's a couple hundred hours of entertainment right there, not to mention what QuickBattles adds to the mix.  That should keep you busy while we finish reworking the British and three NATO campaigns

5 minutes ago, ncc1701e said:

All the modules will be delivered, all scenarios even those of the modules. You will just have British campaign and the three NATO campaign later. This is how I understand the following quote: 

Correct. The only thing I don’t think is clear yet is how the updated campaigns will be released.  BF will I am sure clarify once they have a better idea when those will be completed. 

1 hour ago, sburke said:

It is CMSF redone in the 4.0 engine so look at it as 2 very similar games, but one is way better. 😎

I believe you. First when I heard about CMSF2 I thought that it was old wine on new bottles but after installing the demo and played 3 scenarios I think its a totally new game.

That was a very pleasant surprise.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:58 PM, DougPhresh said:

The demo is fantastic.

That Alamo scenario is tough!

I mostly play quick battle in the newer games, since battalion-level scenarios on huge maps are somewhat rare.

I remember SF having some really good scenarios and campaign missions though.

What i did, on that mission, was to leave the fort entirely with focus to take control of the woods, after that i just waited for backup and POUNDED the enemy and retook the fort.