CMSF2 Release Update

I'm having some upgrade licensing woes. I owned the original CMSF and all modules and have valid keys for all, since I did a complete reinstallation of CMSF1 last summer without incident. I downloaded the CMSF Big Bundle installer, and when I installed the game and fired it up,  the usual Activation screen appeared, I entered my license key for CMSF1, which it accepted. I then tried to start the game and got the  Activate New Products web applet. So I figured, what the hell and entered the license key for the Marines module, which was accepted. I did the same for the British and NATO modules and the license keys for each were accepted. What I noticed that was odd was on the Activate New Products Web GUI, it shows all the expansion modules as v1. For example, the Marines module displays as "Marines Module (old v1)" and when I try to start the game, the Activate New Products" window partially displays and the app hangs. What am I doing wrong?h

Also, FWIW, I still have CMSF1 installed, is that the cause of my problems?

Edited by Mr. Yubby

17 minutes ago, Mr. Yubby said:

when I try to start the game, the Activate New Products" window partially displays and the app hangs. What am I doing wrong?h

Also, FWIW, I still have CMSF1 installed, is that the cause of my problems? 

Now you put in the key that came with your email notification.

Mord.

1 hour ago, melm said:

My bad. I didn't check the email but only the order status on the website. Yes, now I saw the download link in email although the website status is still "processing". I am going to download the file. Thanks.😁

I purchased and downloaded the CMSF2 Big Bundle Upgrade on Tuesday, 12/04/18, and my purchases on the website still shows "processing." I can still play it though.

Anyone notice in the training campaign final mission briefing it still refers to Bradleys but gives you Strykers? I think there might be another typo or two in that specific mission brief too.

Managed to do the reworked Al Huqf with no US Casualties the other day. Didn't notice any smoke deployments from the BMPs (they got shredded too quick for that). The new version of this scenario is definitely more fun than the original. 👍

Edited by Pixel

1 hour ago, Mr. Yubby said:

Thanks Mord, I feel like such a dolt, not sure where I missed the new activation key, but your advice fixed things, I got into CMSF2 and all modules are active. A big thanks!

You're welcome. Nahh, I did the same thing. I entered all the old keys and the game wouldn't start, then I remembered there was a new key. Do yourself a favor and create a text file with ALL the keys on it and email it to yourself. And keep another on your HD. I have all my CM keys saved on Yahoo and on my comp. Have fun!

Mord.

Edited by Mord

21 hours ago, sburke said:

You note that you bought the base game, but didn’t specify which of the cmsf1 modules you own.  If only the base game you would purchase the base game upgrade then go to the CMSF2 games section to purchase modules. There is a 3 module bundle I believe. If you have a problem with your CMSF base game activation key contact the help desk they can sort you out on that. 

Sorry, but that statement is incorrect. On page 12 I noted that I own all the modules. Furthermore my question about a different delivery option can only apply for the base-game or packages including the base-game, because the modules themselves are only available as digital download.

The point about your last sentence has been clearified already by Admin on page 12. So yes, I will need to consult the helpdesk after upgrading in any case.

The (still) remaining question about the delivery options can most probably only be answered in an obligatory manner by a corporate member. Although those are obviously active here in the forum, I will have to consider to make the point at the helpdesk, too. Actually the subject could still be of general interest.

Thx for supporting so far!

I may be wrong, and I probably am, but I seem to remember Steve saying in one of the forum threads, that the discounted upgrades to CMSF2 would be digital only with no manuals in order to keep down the cost to the CMSF1 owners. Yes, the order site drop down menu does show all of the "standard" delivery options, but is that delivery option drop down correct since BFC has always charged extra for shipping a disc? Has anyone on the forum actually selected a delivery option other than "download only" and received an e-mail confirmation that they will be receiving  disc, or a disk and manual, or a digital download and disc, or anything else?

Edited by Vet 0369

1 hour ago, Vet 0369 said:

I may be wrong, and I probably am, but I seem to remember Steve saying in one of the forum threads, that the discounted upgrades to CMSF2 would be digital only with no manuals in order to keep down the cost to the CMSF1 owners. Yes, the order site drop down menu does show all of the "standard" delivery options, but is that delivery option drop down correct since BFC has always charged extra for shipping a disc? Has anyone on the forum actually selected a delivery option other than "download only" and received an e-mail confirmation that they will be receiving  disc, or a disk and manual, or a digital download and disc, or anything else?

Finally we are getting closer to the essentials!

Thing is, that all extended delivery options from the dropdown menu already include extra charges. So I consider it obvious, that it was intended, that people could also upgrade the kind of delivery volume.

So I just need to know, if I concluded correctly or otherwise if the kind of delivery has to correspond with the one of the initial purchase of CMSF#1.

Edited by zard0z

Hi Guys,

I am planning to purchase hopefully in the next couple days but had two more questions first:

1.) I understand I need to buy the CMSF2 Base Game Upgrade and Marines Module Upgrade (I own the bundle) - do I then get an all-in-one installer after purchasing Marines, or do I need to download and install the Base CMSF2, then download and install Marines SF2 after that?

2.) Will prices for the upgrades be going up after a certain amount of time?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, zard0z said:

Finally we are getting closer to the essentials!

Thing is, that all extended delivery options from the dropdown menu already include extra charges. So I consider it obvious, that it was intended, that people could also upgrade the kind of delivery volume.

So I just need to know, if I concluded correctly or otherwise if the kind of delivery has to correspond with the one of the initial purchase of CMSF#1.

LOL, OK, now we might be down to the intent of your question. Please correct me if my paraphrase is wrong. Let's say, hypothetically, that you bought your original CMSF base game from Gamersgate as a CD or DVD. You bought one of the modules on a CD or DVD from BFC, and the last two as digital downloads. Your question is "do you have to select the disc shipping option for the CMSF1 and the first module shipping option, and digital download for the other two modules." 

No, you can select any shipping option you want for your purchase of the base game upgrade, and for the individual module upgrades. I don't know if you can purchase the "Big Bundle + CMSF2 upgrade for $35 since you purchased everything individually, or if you have to purchase the CMSF1 upgrade, and the modules Big Bundle separately. I bought the original Big Bundle (including the base game) for the Mac because I already had the PC version of CMSF1 and the Marines Module, and I would have to buy the PC versions of the British and NATO modules separately. So, I was able to buy the Big Bundle upgrade that includes the CMSF1 base game upgrade ($35).

CAUTION!!! Please be aware that there are TWO "Big Bundle" upgrades that are being offered. One is the Big Bundle that includes the base game ($35), and the other DOESN'T include the base game upgrade ($25).

Edited by Vet 0369

There is only one version I will purchase and that is the Big-All-Inclusive-Bundle.

Everything about this matter has been discussed already with the staff.

There is only one simple question remaining, which I already formulated by myself (page 13):

If I purchased the digital download version of CMSF#1 products only (base-game from reseller; all modules from BF), am I entitled to upgrade to a CMSF#2 version with disc and/or manual?

This question trustworthy can only be answered by the staff, I guess.

Thx for the effort!

Edited by zard0z

4 hours ago, jpm224 said:

1.) I understand I need to buy the CMSF2 Base Game Upgrade and Marines Module Upgrade (I own the bundle) - do I then get an all-in-one installer after purchasing Marines, or do I need to download and install the Base CMSF2, then download and install Marines SF2 after that?

Any purchase of a game now gives you the all in one installer. Then any modules you get are just activation keys. So, one big 2Gb installer and an activation key for each component.

4 hours ago, jpm224 said:

2.) Will prices for the upgrades be going up after a certain amount of time?!

Obviously I cannot speak with authority but traditionally BFC have not done that.

13 hours ago, zard0z said:

Sorry, but that statement is incorrect. On page 12 I noted that I own all the modules. Furthermore my question about a different delivery option can only apply for the base-game or packages including the base-game, because the modules themselves are only available as digital download.

The point about your last sentence has been clearified already by Admin on page 12. So yes, I will need to consult the helpdesk after upgrading in any case.

The (still) remaining question about the delivery options can most probably only be answered in an obligatory manner by a corporate member. Although those are obviously active here in the forum, I will have to consider to make the point at the helpdesk, too. Actually the subject could still be of general interest.

Thx for supporting so far!

Cool, sorry missed the previous post about modules.  :P 

On a personal note I only do digital download.  With the new method BF has for maintaining the DL as most current it is just easier to update that way than bother anymore with a disk.  I haven't ordered delivery in a long time.

1 hour ago, jpm224 said:

I purchased the upgrades and can see activation codes on the order page, but I do not see any link to download? Is this available via my original CMSF1 order page?

check your email including spam, you should have gotten it with a download link and activation code

6 hours ago, sburke said:

Cool, sorry missed the previous post about modules.  :P 

On a personal note I only do digital download.  With the new method BF has for maintaining the DL as most current it is just easier to update that way than bother anymore with a disk.  I haven't ordered delivery in a long time.

Basically I agree with that, but you should recognize, that each offered delivery option includes digital download too.

7 hours ago, Daroc said:

Ok Tl/dr previous threads but I bought each one individually,  when installing upg do I just use the CMSFx1 key or have to put each of the CMSFx1 modules as well when using the CMSFx2 bundle install?

That may be a question for helpdesk.  My understanding was you just needed the base game license.  I'd assumed that your base game license is somehow connected to BF to know which modules you have associated.  That is just an assumption though.  You could always just try it depending on how impatient you are to fire it up, but it is definitely worth pinging the helpdesk... and posting the reply ;)  

7 hours ago, zard0z said:

Basically I agree with that, but you should recognize, that each offered delivery option includes digital download too.

Oh yeah I know it does, but I have never seen the value add especially considering it is not free and as a US purchased my cost is even less than most of the folks international based.

8 hours ago, sburke said:

That may be a question for helpdesk.  My understanding was you just needed the base game license.  I'd assumed that your base game license is somehow connected to BF to know which modules you have associated.  That is just an assumption though.  You could always just try it depending on how impatient you are to fire it up, but it is definitely worth pinging the helpdesk... and posting the reply ;)  

I had help from Steve before so you are right I just don't want to mess it up. Yes all of them are with BF.