CMSF2 Release Update

So all you fellows who submitted a ticket and got the SF1 key. When you submitted the ticket did you get an email or something letting you know they got your ticket? I've submitted tickets twice, but cannot check their status because for some reason I can't login to do that. I figure If I was successful the first time then I would have heard something by now, so it must not have worked correctly.

17 minutes ago, Mesquite55 said:

So all you fellows who submitted a ticket and got the SF1 key. When you submitted the ticket did you get an email or something letting you know they got your ticket? I've submitted tickets twice, but cannot check their status because for some reason I can't login to do that. I figure If I was successful the first time then I would have heard something by now, so it must not have worked correctly.

I've sent a note to Steve to give a heads up in case something is stuck in the system

The license key problem with the CMSF1 Marines Bundle should be fixed now.  As expected eLicense got back to me quickly with a fix.  As far as I can tell that did the trick.

Mesquite55,

Yes you should get a response by email from the Help Desk and logging in shouldn't be an issue either.  I suspect the two are related.  What MIGHT have happened is you made a typo in your email address (or used a different one) so that when you submitted the response went somewhere else and your login isn't working for the same reason. I'll flag you so John can contact you off Forum and straighten things out using your real name.

Steve

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

The license key problem with the CMSF1 Marines Bundle should be fixed now.  As expected eLicense got back to me quickly with a fix.  As far as I can tell that did the trick.

Mesquite55,

Yes you should get a response by email from the Help Desk and logging in shouldn't be an issue either.  I suspect the two are related.  What MIGHT have happened is you made a typo in your email address (or used a different one) so that when you submitted the response went somewhere else and your login isn't working for the same reason. I'll flag you so John can contact you off Forum and straighten things out using your real name.

Steve

It still is not working for me. Everything shows activated except SF1. The screen says activation success and shows this. I hit "Play" and after a delay I get a splash screen. Now all I did was try the Marine bundle again. Do I need to go thru all of them once more? Also I know I did not make a typo on my email address. I expressly checked that it was correct, plus I submitted it twice and checked both times,and it is not a different one. I also checked my spam and there is no response there either.  My email address is ###. My log in works to access my account and see all my orders, but I can not log in to see status of ticket. Also when I try to get a link to reset my password in order to access ticket status it says link sent, but nothing arrives. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from John. Thanks.

IMG_0469.jpg

The Help Desk and your Store account are totally separate systems.  Longins for one don't have anything to do with logins for the other.

I already passed along your info to John and he'll help sort this out for you.  Personal info from you is probably needed to move things along and that is definitely nothing that should be done here in public. In fact, I removed your email address from your last post.

We operate on US EST time zone so you'll get a response sometime tomorrow, but for sure I see a problem.   You have not entered your original CMSF1 Base Game license key.  See where it says "Main Game v2"?  You should also see "Main Game v1" if the license was entered.  Remember, the 3 Module Bundle is only the Modules, so you must also have a Base Game key.  Again, John will help sort that out for you tomorrow.

Steve

No problems here - all downloaded v quickly and installed without issues. Thanks.

1. It's a very small install - the smallest ever - only 4GB. Nice (considering SSD space is limited), but is there a reason, I wonder, why a 4 module bundle is only 4GB (plus half a gig in the documents folder) and CMFB, for example, rolls in at 14GB???!! What's the extra 10GB in CMFB? Even CMRT and BS - the previous smallest installs - were twice this size. 

2. Plus I have a question about the battles. Are they 'updated'? I understand the campaigns for the base and marines only have been worked through - is that right? - but what about the battles from the modules? Are they still to be worked over and 'updated'? 

Thanks. 

Edited by peter thomas

1 hour ago, peter thomas said:

2. Plus I have a question about the battles. Are they 'updated'? I understand the campaigns for the base and marines only have been worked through - is that right? - but what about the battles from the modules? Are they still to be worked over and 'updated'? 

Thanks. 

I too want to know

I've loaded up a few battles now, and they've all been updated significantly.

Three that I know really well are ATGM Ambush, Al Huqf Engagement and UK Sabres at Dawn. All now have "SF2" after their name, to differentiate them.

The first two are pretty much unrecognisable. Extended maps, vastly different troops, etc. Amazing stuff.
The latter (which was much stronger to begin with) changes significantly with the introduction of water and bridges, but is otherwise pretty much as it was.

So.. yes. It looks like all of the battles (in all modules) have had something done to them. Which is incredible really, there's a stupid amount of content in this release.

Edited by domfluff

Well, Got CMSF2 (standard Game), Nato and Bristish Forces modules working on.

I have problems with CMSF:Marines module serialkey.  It doesn't activate.

May I open a new Ticket in HelpDesk for that?

Important for People Who Hasn't Serial Key of CMSF (CD Europe Version). Last Night I needed a BTF serial key of CMSF1 to play bought on BTF Ten Years Ago (Apart CD version).

You have to contact BTF using HelpDesk.

Edited by Erw
Correct

3 hours ago, peter thomas said:

1. It's a very small install - the smallest ever - only 4GB. Nice (considering SSD space is limited), but is there a reason, I wonder, why a 4 module bundle is only 4GB (plus half a gig in the documents folder) and CMFB, for example, rolls in at 14GB???!! What's the extra 10GB in CMFB? Even CMRT and BS - the previous smallest installs - were twice this size.

Yeah, surprising :)  However, when you think about it the size makes sense.  The basics (EXE, sound effects, voices, and UI graphics) are pretty much the same for all games.  What varies are the graphics.  A game like CMFB has a TON more graphics than CMSF2.  Probably the most of any game.  Why?  First of all, weather.  CMFB has a full set of terrain graphics for summer, fall/spring, and winter.  Vehicle artwork has normal, muddy, and snowy.  Soldiers have summer and winter uniforms.  For some games the different Regions come with additional sets of graphics.  And even though there's only two forces in CMFB, both sides have prolific amounts of vehicles, small arms, and uniform variations.  Each of which have their own graphics.  And there's probably more I'm forgetting about!

3 hours ago, peter thomas said:

Yes, all stand alone Battles and the QB Maps have been updated/reworked.  TF Thunder and Semper Fi have also been completely overhauled.

Steve

11 hours ago, Mesquite55 said:

It still is not working for me. Everything shows activated except SF1. The screen says activation success and shows this. I hit "Play" and after a delay I get a splash screen. Now all I did was try the Marine bundle again. Do I need to go thru all of them once more? Also I know I did not make a typo on my email address. I expressly checked that it was correct, plus I submitted it twice and checked both times,and it is not a different one. I also checked my spam and there is no response there either.  My email address is ###. My log in works to access my account and see all my orders, but I can not log in to see status of ticket. Also when I try to get a link to reset my password in order to access ticket status it says link sent, but nothing arrives. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from John. Thanks.

IMG_0469.jpg

I had a similar issue:  I was loading the key from the SF2 Big Bundle Upgrade, then the key from SF1 "big bundle" (USMC, UK, NATO).  The game would launch, but stick on the splash screen.  Once I entered the original SF1 base game key, all was well.  Poked around in a few scenarios and campaigns, and everything is running smoothly.

I start 2 weeks vacation on the 14th, looking forward to sinking my teeth into this game.

Also - to the development team, thanks for your hard work, and thanks to Battlefront for the discount!

On 12/5/2018 at 12:49 PM, Battlefront.com said:

No, you can break things up any way you want.  Upgrade just the Base Game now, for example, then one Module at a time if you like.  Obviously there is a price break if you buy more at once.

Gamersgate purchases have to be done through the Help Desk, yes.  We did not have access to their license keys so there's no way we can proactively get those into the licensing system.  What we do is verify that you bought SOME form or CMSF1 product, which proves you had a licensed Base Game at some point, and we issue you a new key.

Steve

Sorry, but there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding my first question. I actually didnt ask about purchasing the base-game and modules as package or seperatly. My point was to learn about the delivery options. So if someone purchased the digital download version of CMSF#1 products only, is he entitled to upgrade to a CMSF#2 version with disc and/or manual?

I bought the retail version of the base-game at GG and there wasnt any improved version available.

Thank you!

/// CRAZY SMOKE!? ///

☁️☁️☁️

Been playing Al Huqf and twice now it seems that the BMP's throw some wild and crazy smoke?

Twice in two different battles when my Bradley gets a bead on a BMP and lights it up I end up with black smoke half-way across the map? 🤔

Is this me?  Is this Saddam's Space Cannon being rolled outa mothballs? 😉

And what / why is the white-grey smoke all over the back of the map?

386184241_Screenshot2018-12-0706_44_50.thumb.png.223f2cf7c43687736fb0df42e34a96a8.png

Early generation 'Soviet' armor smoke dischargers were designed to be used 'offensively'. Fire the smoke a considerable distance out in the direction of the enemy to blind him while you continue your attack. If you go to CMBS and try that on the newest Russian equipment you'd find they don't do that anymore. But the older equipment still does.

The AI has a (somewhat) new 'retreat' movement order that isn't commonly used . When an AI group wants to make a retrograde movement it'll first pop some smoke to mask its movements then afterwards the units will face about in the direction it came from. Vehicles will literally back away. The original CMSF1 Al Huqf Red AI orders involved a single (suicidal) 'assault' order into the center of the map. The revised scenario AI orders are is considerably more complex.

56 minutes ago, zard0z said:

Sorry, but there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding my first question. I actually didnt ask about purchasing the base-game and modules as package or seperatly. My point was to learn about the delivery options. So if someone purchased the digital download version of CMSF#1 products only, is he entitled to upgrade to a CMSF#2 version with disc and/or manual?

I bought the retail version of the base-game at GG and there wasnt any improved version available.

Thank you!

Digital download is currently the only shipping option for the discounted upgrades. That's one of the reasons BFC is selling it us previous owners for so little. Maybe BFC can ship a disc to someone with really slow or no internet if that's the case. I'm also pretty sure that the "upgrade" is probably only offered by BFC.

Edited by Vet 0369

41 minutes ago, Col Rosenberger said:

/// CRAZY SMOKE!? ///

☁️☁️☁️

Been playing Al Huqf and twice now it seems that the BMP's throw some wild and crazy smoke?

Twice in two different battles when my Bradley gets a bead on a BMP and lights it up I end up with black smoke half-way across the map? 🤔

Is this me?  Is this Saddam's Space Cannon being rolled outa mothballs? 😉

And what / why is the white-grey smoke all over the back of the map?

386184241_Screenshot2018-12-0706_44_50.thumb.png.223f2cf7c43687736fb0df42e34a96a8.png

Here is a short write-up:

3D6

5-py_gren81_smk.jpgThe 3D6 smoke grenade emits "normal" smoke that can only obscure the tank in the visual spectrum. This type of grenade has been rendered next to useless with the gaining popularity of thermal imaging sights in the mid-80's, now long supplanted by the 3D17 model. It is of the slow-burning type, emitting smoke from the ground-up. It travels anywhere from 200m to 350m after launch, and it takes between 7 to 12 seconds to produce a complete smokescreen 10m to 30m in width and 3m to 10m in height, depending on various environmental factors like wind speed, humidity, altitude, etc. This is not including the time taken from launch to the grenade actually hitting the ground. This is in accordance with frontal assault tactics where tanks advance and maneuver behind a continual wall of smoke generated every forward 300m until they literally overrun enemy positions. The smokescreen can last as long as 2 minutes, depending on environmental factors.

3d6%2Bsmoke%2Bgrenades.png

3D17

3d17_oweriow.jpgThe 3D17 is an advanced IR-blocking aerosol smoke grenade. It completely obturates the passage of IR signatures or IR-based light as well as light in the visible spectrum. It is effective at concealment from FLIR sights and cameras as well as at blocking and scattering laser beams for tank rangefinders and laser-homing missiles. Unlike the 3D6, the 3D17 grenade detonates just 1 seconds after launch, allowing it to produce a complete smoke barrier in 3 seconds flat. The drawback to this is that the lingering time of the smokescreen is only about 20 seconds, depending on environmental factors. This is enough for the tank to hastily shift its position, but not much more. This grenade detonates 50m away from the tank.

tucha-1%2Bsmoke%2Bgrenades.jpg

https://thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.com/search/label/T-80#smoke

14 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

The Help Desk and your Store account are totally separate systems.  Longins for one don't have anything to do with logins for the other.

I already passed along your info to John and he'll help sort this out for you.  Personal info from you is probably needed to move things along and that is definitely nothing that should be done here in public. In fact, I removed your email address from your last post.

We operate on US EST time zone so you'll get a response sometime tomorrow, but for sure I see a problem.   You have not entered your original CMSF1 Base Game license key.  See where it says "Main Game v2"?  You should also see "Main Game v1" if the license was entered.  Remember, the 3 Module Bundle is only the Modules, so you must also have a Base Game key.  Again, John will help sort that out for you tomorrow.

Steve

Yeah, I figured out that it wants a key for SF 1. Trouble is I don't have one. In the past I was told to just install SF1 and then a module with it's key and it would work.  Problem is it doesn't work now.  Still waiting to hear from  John.

22 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

Digital download is currently the only shipping option for the discounted upgrades. That's one of the reasons BFC is selling it us previous owners for so little. Maybe BFC can ship a disc to someone with really slow or no internet if that's the case. I'm also pretty sure that the "upgrade" is probably only offered by BFC.

When I made my purchase I was offered the option of disk and manual. I purchased the upgrade and got the download and printed manual. 

2 hours ago, Mesquite55 said:

When I made my purchase I was offered the option of disk and manual. I purchased the upgrade and got the download and printed manual. 

Was that on the CMSF2 preorder page or on the Upgrades for the CMSF2?