CMSF2 Release Update

9 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

A good question :)  This is a very unique situation that no other CM product has ever been in.  There's two primary concepts behind what we did:

1.  Since the content of CMSF2 is (mostly) the same as CMSF1, we felt it is wrong to not offer a discount for moving to CMSF2.  On the other hand, the work that went into CMSF2 is way, way, way, WAY more than what we put into a normal Upgrade.  So we compromised by making the CMSF1 Upgrades slightly more than other Upgrades, but far less than a brand new purchase.

2.  As a tangible and meaningful THANK YOU to CMSF1 customers for supporting our move into uncharted territory with the CM2 engine.  We wouldn't be here without them, so we wanted to do something special.  Obviously the people that bought CMSF1 long after the transition happened are benefiting from this as well, however we didn't want to play favorites by drawing an artificial line and say "if you bought before X date you get an Upgrade, otherwise you have to repurchase".

I guess a third reason is we have a soft spot in our hearts for CMSF1 and felt a personal sense of pride in upgrading it.  That's kinda a reward all on its own.  Sappy, but true ;)

Steve

As a original CMSF1 customer: I'm very happy with the upgrade! 
My missing old CMSF1 license # was fixed by support in a couple of minutes, so I'm all set! :) 

And a well deserved thank you for everyone in the dev and beta team for this feat of hard work. BFC congrats with another release! 

Edited by Lethaface

I repeat my question. I have paradox version of CMSF1 (CD version) without activation key and then I bought via battlefront website CMSF 3 Module Bundle (for module bundle I have my license key) What should I download now to upgrade my game and which license key to use? CMSF1 Big Bundle Upgrade?

2 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

I'm having a problem with the "Shock Force 1" upgrade. I put in both the Shock Force 2 key and my Shock Force 1 key and they both are accepted but it keeps asking me for them again each time I launch the game. The "play" button is greyed out.

If they are both accepted then it should be working.  Is it possible you're putting in the wrong key for CMSF1?  Sometimes people put in a Module key thinking it's the Base Game key.  It's accepted, but doesn't unlock what the person is expecting.

If that isn't the problem, put in a Help Desk request with your keys and we'll look at your key in detail.  I'm sure there is a simple explanation!

Steve

3 minutes ago, patrykd said:

I repeat my question. I have paradox version of CMSF1 (CD version) without activation key and then I bought via battlefront website CMSF 3 Module Bundle (for module bundle I have my license key) What should I download now to upgrade my game and which license key to use? CMSF1 Big Bundle Upgrade?

Yes, that's the Upgrade you want if you wish to maximize your savings.  You could Upgrade the Base Game only and the Modules later, but where's the fun in that? :)

Steve

I have another problem. I don't have cmsf1 licence key because I have paradox version. When I put my cmsf1 big bundle update licence key and after that license key to CMSF 3 Module Bundle I received that screen

image.png.d2ae8d2846d74193d5aca6cda99acc04.png

But after that when I click play I have empty screen and I don't know what to do?

image.png.eafcba9c7fa6e2a2db1330fa9ae5ded8.png

2 minutes ago, patrykd said:

I have another problem. I don't have cmsf1 licence key because I have paradox version. When I put my cmsf1 big bundle update licence key and after that license key to CMSF 3 Module Bundle I received that screen

But after that when I click play I have empty screen and I don't know what to do?

I have the same problem, except I don't have the paradox version, just bundles of all the CMSF 1 modules, I put in a ticket so hopefully it is resolved soon.

Edited by Raptorx7

4 minutes ago, patrykd said:

Same.

Everybody needs to have a CMSF1 Base Game (or Bundle with a Base Game) key.  Without it, the Upgrade will not work.  If you have a Paradox version you might have purchased the Retail Upgrade at some point.  That key is the same as a Base Game key. 

My memory is hazy about the details of the Retail Upgrade, but if you were playing the latest version of CMSF1 you had to upgrade to get use of it.  IIRC we started it after British Forces was released, but I could be wrong there.

If you still can't find a key, contact Help Desk and we'll get things sorted out for you.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I got it sorted..  My fault actually, when I enter my SF1 key I noticed it said everything was activated BUT SF1 main game.

So I went back and looked and I guess at some point I bought the main game THEN bought the 3 module bundle.  It was all kind of confusing because I had the original Paradox version too I was upgrading from back then.

So the issue was I had to activate my 3 module bundle key and my main game key then it worked.

Its all activated now and sorted out.

Thank you!

Edited by TGarner

It's working here too. I had neglected to provide the CMSF v1.21 patch serial which, I guess, allows us original Paradox users to use the common e-licensing program.

My problem earlier was activating the CMSF Bundle and not the CMSF Base Game.

Once the three keys are provided (CMSF Base, CMSF Bundle, and CMSF2 Upgrade), I'm good to go!

3 hours ago, Hilts said:

The big unsightly  vertical gaps where modular building are joined. Looks ok from outside but move troops inside or even just the camera and you will see them on any urban scenario. Troops can can take and give fire through them and even move through them at ground level. Particularly annoying on Breaking the Bank where you can take fire through a supposedly solid wall.

Those gaps are not unique to CMSF as far as I can tell. Just loaded CMFB and plopped a couple buildings down.  Firing through or exiting may be a different issue. 

3 hours ago, Hilts said:

I haven't got a screenshot of that particular example. It happened a while back when I was playing the demo. I don't think you can order a move through it. It my case it happened when I entered a building with no windows in the far wall. The troops gravitated towards the gap because there were enemy across the courtyard as if it was a window/door and one slipped through into the open and was promptly shot. The gaps are visible in all the demo scenarios where buildings join but you will only notice troops firing through them if there is no window available.

OK tracked down and logged. The good news in a new scenario it seems to be cosmetic only. I was not able to have guys fire through the gap or pass through it. The bad news is in the shipping scenario troops certainly can pass through a solid wall - oops. I didn't test firing through it but hey it wouldn't surprise me.