Squad Level Drones

When I gave the specs-range and altitude I was putting that into the context of potential military use on the battlefield. As mentioned in the US there are restrictions placed. Other countries can vary, but you still have to be careful and know what the laws are as well as how they generally view them.

Also the TSA can and does prohibit some drones on airplanes.

Edited by db_zero

9 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

No, I do not think so. Please check the few screenshots of the interface that we have from the game. There is no room for drones like what we have in CMBS, just artillery and air support.

That's why they are called beta shots. The video was from December 2017.

4 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

I have bought CMBN big bundle and I am enjoying it so far, and you?

That evil bastidge is playing SF2!

Mord.

On 10/7/2018 at 1:39 AM, iMolestCats said:

As of right now we are still using ravens at the company level even then on my current deployment i haven't even seen the ODA teams use drones in that small of scale. All of our info on the ground is run by ISR. Plus carrying that stuff sucks....

Been awhile since I noticed you on the forum.  Glad you are still around and thank you for your service!!!  +1

13 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Been awhile since I noticed you on the forum.  Glad you are still around and thank you for your service!!!  +1

Thanks brother. I've never gone anywhere just haven't been posting as much as i used to. Now with cmsf2 inbound i can have more of an input. Also been getting pictures of my AO and have considered making a map for the game based on the area. 

5 hours ago, Sequoia said:

So if I interpret this thread correctly, in CMSF2 US and possibly UK forces will get the Raven drone which is recon only and it will be rare.

I can’t answer all that yet but just for grins and not in reference to QBs. In the editor you can switch around pretty much anything so you could give ravens to the uncons if you really wanted to. Theoretically speaking. 

2 hours ago, sburke said:

Yeah the raven is a tiny little thing. It is purely an observation platform.  

That's exactly how it's used in CMBS too. Some scenarios will have one or two in the company that any of the officers, including the platoon leaders can use. A Tunguska is about the only thing that can bring it down, maybe the ZU-23 also, but I've never had one of those so I'm not sure, because the only thing the Raven is vulnerable to is triple-A. 

We don't know, and only Steve (and Charles who hasn't posted in several years) have the right to release info on the game without breaking a ND aggreement. From what I see on Wikipedia the timeframe fits  and Aladdin and Raven are similar enough that they may have just given the games German forces the Raven and just called it the Aladdin, though strictly speaking the Aladdin is faster but with less endurance. It's also possible know one thought of it and it's now too late to add. :)

Just now, domfluff said:

What did you do to him ?! :D

CMSF 2 demo tutorial mission has the Raven, certainly.

I think it was an enemy sniper that made the air controller disappear from the map. When I saw this I thought that dead members of a team/squad/etc disappear only once the entire team is dead. In this case there was only one man left. Did not notice at which point the air controller vanished.

If the leader of the team that called the observe mission is taken out then you will not be able to cancel it. Same for Artillery and Air support. Many times you don't notice that for artillery or air because the mission naturally ends at some point (other than Maximum missions for Artillery).

I am not sure what you meant about the air controller disappearing when there is on man left. Do you mean the icon changed from the observer icon to something else?

On 10/17/2018 at 7:26 PM, IanL said:

I am not sure what you meant about the air controller disappearing when there is on man left. Do you mean the icon changed from the observer icon to something else?

I meant that initially there were 2 soldiers in the team. After some turns game's unit info panel (or something) showed that the air controller was no longer alive. But I couldn't see the dead body on the map, like it normally happens when some of the team are dead and some alive.

29 minutes ago, SlowMotion said:

I meant that initially there were 2 soldiers in the team. After some turns game's unit info panel (or something) showed that the air controller was no longer alive. But I couldn't see the dead body on the map, like it normally happens when some of the team are dead and some alive.

A casualty will disappear from the map after buddy aid is completed.  I"m guessing in the chaos of the battle the air controller was hit and buddy aid completed before you noticed. 

Were you playing real time or WEGO?  (not that it matters, just curious)  

9 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

A casualty will disappear from the map after buddy aid is completed.  I"m guessing in the chaos of the battle the air controller was hit and buddy aid completed before you noticed. 

Were you playing real time or WEGO?  (not that it matters, just curious)  

Ok, I wish dead bodies stayed on map as long as some of the team are alive. It's good to see where they died.

I was playing WEGO.

1 hour ago, SlowMotion said:

Ok, I wish dead bodies stayed on map as long as some of the team are alive. It's good to see where they died.

I was playing WEGO.

I think this is already the case. Dead body remains on map. Casualties that you are taking care of i.e. wounded are evacuated by MEDEVAC even if you don't see it.

5 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

I think this is already the case. Dead body remains on map. Casualties that you are taking care of i.e. wounded are evacuated by MEDEVAC even if you don't see it.

Both KIA (brown base) and WIA (red base) can receive buddy aid (buddy aid also serves to recover some ammo and equipment).  After the completion of buddy aid both the KIA and WIA casualties disappear from the map.    

@SlowMotion just some more information that came from the below forum topic:

WIA (red base) can turn to KIA (brown base) from additional hits.

Buddy Aid is one on one however a team can treat multiple casualties in the same A/S concurrently.

A team administering Buddy Aid will recover ammo including ammo for weapons they do not have in the team.

Buddy aid on KIA (brown base) was about 15 - 35 seconds. On WIA (red base) about 1 minute – 2 minutes 30 seconds.

Casualties only disappear if they receive Buddy Aid. I tested 2 KIA & 2 WIA for 1½ hours game time. They never disappeared.

Experience of the teams administering buddy aid did not affect the length of buddy aid or the amount of equipment recovered.

Lightly wounded (yellow base) are not counted as casualties on the AAR screen.

To share ammo recovered in buddy aid the medic team must be part of the unit (“highlighted” unit) needing the ammo.

During testing on average about 2 grenades and 170 rounds of ammo were recovered per casualty. I know from playing the game other                                equipment (radios, binoculars, some weapons etc.) can also be recovered but I did not try for that in the experiments.

WIA (red base) incapacitated wounded are not counted in Parameter/Condition but are counted in Parameter/Casualties.

Buddy aid does not make a difference to the score in Quick Battles or in Scenarios.

Buddy aid does not make a difference to the score in a Campaign.

16 hours ago, SlowMotion said:

when you see the dead you know where enemy had line of sight to

The enemy is moving too (perhaps not the AI indeed). So enemy line of sight may change too. If you count on dead bodies to show you the good avenue of approach, I do not want to be under your command - LOL 😃