Shock Force 2 Beta Showcase Video

3 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Obligatory +1 from me for Fulda Gap. 

That said, if you set the Syrians to have good training/motivation, and you give them their best equipment, they are a pretty decent proxy for the Soviets in the 80's. It's not quite 1:1 but it's certainly doable. 

Yeah you're right.

There was a pretty cool couple of CM Shock Force scenarios someone made that did exactly that.

2 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

Yeah you're right.

There was a pretty cool couple of CM Shock Force scenarios someone made that did exactly that.

I still have the modpack for CMSF1.

All that is really needed for the modpack to work in SF2 would be retextured infantry models. Everything else would port I believe. Of course it might be better to upgrade the ground textures with those from BS, and I'm sure there are other improvements that could be made. Still though, you could actually get yourself a decent looking formation of Soviets, or an even better fit with the DDR. Convert the T-72M1 to have the textures of a T-72G. Could be a fun project.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a second showcase video, this time showing a successful Syrian armored assault against defending Germans. This was taken from a modified version of the NATO scenario "Bier un Brezel." Some of the better Syrian equipment is on display here, such as the T-72AV equipped with the TURMS-T as well as the BMP-2. This should pain the Syrians in a more favorable light compared to the first showcase video. Hope everyone enjoys!

Edited by IICptMillerII

14 hours ago, rocketman said:

Nicely done sir! Gave me a "Ride of the Valkyries" vibe :)

Thanks! The attack was loosely modeled after a Soviet style tank assault. What would the Soviet equivalent of "Ride of the Valkyries" be?

2 hours ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Great video IICptMillerII. The pacing is much better than in the last one and and also the perspectives and lighting is more pleasing. Really enjoyed watching it, thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks for the feedback! The pacing was much easier to do as the action was more straightforward. Simplicity has a beauty of its own. 

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Recommend a sound mod.  Sounds like StarWars guns.  B)

I have a soundmod, among many others (some I've made myself) that I play SF2 with. However, the showcase video's I've made are intended to show off vanilla features, how a newcomer would first experience the game out of the box with no mods installed. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that the game looks/sounds one way, only for them to buy the game and have it look/sound differently. 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that's actually the most sophisticated T-72 variant in the game, the AV with TURMS fire control.....Syrians had some seriously old-fashioned **** back then.  ;) 

Have to admit, I am getting very excited to get my hands on the game, but I want the whole thing, the demo will just **** me off.  :mellow:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 11/9/2018 at 1:41 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I believe that's actually the most sophisticated T-72 variant in the game, the AV with TURMS fire control.....Syrians had some seriously old-fashioned **** back then.  ;) 

Have to admit, I am getting very excited to get my hands on the game, but I want the whole thing, the demo will just **** me off.  :mellow:

Hey! Welcome back @Sgt.Squarehead.