Shock Force 2 Beta Showcase Video

On 10/6/2018 at 9:13 AM, Sequoia said:

Folks, remind me please. Isn't there something about troops being deeper in the trenches than they appear to be?

Yes I'm quoting myself because I'm still curious if I'm remembering this correctly?

13 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Yes I'm quoting myself because I'm still curious if I'm remembering this correctly?

The way I understand it, when a soldier is in a trench or a foxhole, or behind some form of cover, they get a cover save. So while their body may look physically exposed, the game simulates them as being more protected. The result is that troops in fortifications are much less likely to be wounded/kills by small arms or indirect fire that doesn't score direct hits. That's my understanding of it at least. 

That was what I seemed to remember having read previously too. In the video for example, the troops in the trenches appear to have much of their upper torso exposed at times. I recall though something about the behind the scenes calculations giving them more cover. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

There's very little in the game that's abstracted but foxhole/trench protection is one of them. Another is artillery effects on troops, downgraded in order to simulate the team being more dispersed than it appears onscreen. Lets remember fighting from a trench is not as safe as huddling in the bottom of a trench. If you give your trench troops a 'hide' command they shouldn't get shot. But they won't participate in the battle.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:05 AM, IICptMillerII said:

Hi everyone,

Here is a cinematic video featuring Shock Force 2! This is meant to be a showcase, similar in concept to a gameplay trailer. Keep in mind this is footage taken from a beta build of the game, and things are subject to change and all that. Hope you all enjoy!

I think you did a great job on that video.  Very entertaining, if a bit one sided..  ;)  try that same attack with a different formation, say Strykers and you may find it more of a challenge.

Still its a great showcase of the game IMO.

Bil

5 hours ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

I think you did a great job on that video.  Very entertaining, if a bit one sided..  ;)  try that same attack with a different formation, say Strykers and you may find it more of a challenge.

Still its a great showcase of the game IMO.

Bil

Thanks Bil! I've also recently discovered that the later T-72 variants are quite potent as well, if crewed properly. Could be interesting for future projects.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:06 AM, IICptMillerII said:

I thought a video showing tanks, explosions, gun fights, and the new updated features would be a bit more fun than a few more screenshots on the website.  I am certainly not a professional, and I have no grand illusions of becoming a professional YouTuber or anything like that. It's just a fun hobby for me that I figured could benefit the community while we all wait for the game to be released. 

Thank you for taking the time to create and post the video.  Very nice job, I enjoyed it.  +1

I was also impressed with how you handled yourself in the CM conversation on the Grogheads forum.  Very diplomatic and cool under fire. 

Keep up the good work!  I hope someday you have the opportunity to make a video of CM Fulda Gap!! :D