Shock Force 2 Beta Showcase Video

Let's start the forensic dissection game:

Lots of things you'd expect, hit decals, hit text, shaders, on-map mortars, less moustaches, visible pouches, fortifications, rivers and bridges etc.

I'm assuming the static armour positions are still just built with map geometry, rather than being a fortification type

Some other points:

Irregulars in tracksuits!

M1 Abrams no longer have "Shock Force" written on the barrel

Tons more detail on those T-72s. Not sure if these are one of the now-not-hypothetical "future" models they were talking about.

Not sure if the BMPs are hit by a Precision artillery mission? Excaliber was used in Iraq in 2007, so it's early, but not too early, I suspect. High rarity, probably.

Are those *six* men Bradley squads?

3 hours ago, Cobetco said:

thank you for communicating even when BF wont

It would not have been posted unless BFC gave an explicit direction for it to be posted. You have misinterpreted this. It is, indeed, a communication from BFC. Indirect, but still...

27 minutes ago, domfluff said:

Let's start the forensic dissection game:

Lots of things you'd expect, hit decals, hit text, shaders, on-map mortars, less moustaches, visible pouches, fortifications, rivers and bridges etc.

I'm assuming the static armour positions are still just built with map geometry, rather than being a fortification type

Some other points:

Tons more detail on those T-72s. Not sure if these are one of the now-not-hypothetical "future" models they were talking about.

Not sure if the BMPs are hit by a Precision artillery mission? Excaliber was used in Iraq in 2007, so it's early, but not too early, I suspect. High rarity, probably.

Are those *six* men Bradley squads?

In the clips just before the BMPs got hit by the high angle fire, I thought I heard "Moving in to attack position" and "Cleared in hot". But I could be mistaken. ;)

57 minutes ago, domfluff said:

High fashion at the time :)

There is a CMBS mod with different names on the barrel - perhaps they are clearing the way.

Oh yeah some guys on the test team and the graphics team did a ton of work to sort that all out and bring what was a hypothetical into line with what ended up being. Not a huge change just a bunch of details. I didn't follow all of it.

6 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Hi everyone,Here is a cinematic video featuring Shock Force 2! This is meant to be a showcase, similar in concept to a gameplay trailer. Keep in mind this is footage taken from a beta build of the game, and things are subject to change and all that. Hope you all

Oh totally cool.

CMSF and CMBN are probably the best starting points for Combat Mission, in different ways.

Both tend towards small numbers of units (at least the Blue side in CMSF), and have some clear maps and objectives. A lot of CMBN is in bocage, so short-ranged fights with clearly defined terrain. A lot of CMSF involves fighting in cities, which are conceptually similar.

The main difference is that CMSF is asymmetric - you'll usually have a small Blue force against a much larger Red one, and the Blue force is probably going to be the attacker. In some ways that's easier - you'll have better kit and less to think about as the attacker - but it does mean that missions often have a similar narrative.

3 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Nice video - looks like it will be a great game. Would be interesting to see a "side by side"-comparison with SF1.

One thing though, can we please have some new background sounds? Chirping birds in a desert setting just doesn't feel right.

LOL hold up the release everyone we got to get rid of the chirping birds!!!  :D    Yeah I suspect that may be an early mod. ;) 

Great video, more than $10.000.000 of T72 lost in less than one minute. 🙈

3 hours ago, c3k said:

In the clips just before the BMPs got hit by the high angle fire, I thought I heard "Moving in to attack position" and "Cleared in hot". But I could be mistaken. ;)

Where was the Tunguska? 😏

2 hours ago, Kaunitz said:

Looks cool though. I don't know if I'm going to buy this one or CM:BN first. ^^

CMBN was the first for me and guess what will be the second for this year? 😃

NOOOOOO.... the bird sounds could be the Northern Bald Ibis  https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2011/03/18/new-hope-for-a-rare-bird-in-the-syrian-desert-explorers-journal/

Northern%20Bald%20Ibis.gif

New Hope for a Rare Bird in the Syrian Desert, Explorers Journal

A few years back, Gianluca Serra found a legendary bird thought extinct in Syria, with funds from National Geographic’s Committee for Research and Exploration. Now Serra is trying to forge a stable population of these ungainly creatures, with a little help from a prince and some first ladies.

The northern bald ibis was considered extinct in Syria for more than 70 years, according to the scientific literature. Tell us about how this legendary bird was rediscovered — and when and where.

We rediscovered the bald ibis on a remote cliff of the Syrian desert in April 2002, following clues from local hunters and Bedouin nomads as part of a general fauna survey of the area. The birds were the oriental subspecies of northern bald ibis, which had not been seen for many years.

Edited by Wicky

3 hours ago, Kaunitz said:

Very protective trench at 04:41. 🤐;) 

Looks cool though. I don't know if I'm going to buy this one or CM:BN first. ^^

Folks, remind me please. Isn't there something about troops being deeper in the trenches than they appear to be? That said, if one does "hide" in trenches they offer a lot of cover. I'm thinking all that 40 mm going off in front of you even if only your head is exposed will cause a lot of casualties. More so then the WWII fire that could be put on trenches. So maybe that's whats going on.

1 hour ago, Wicky said:

NOOOOOO.... the bird sounds could be the Northern Bald Ibis  https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2011/03/18/new-hope-for-a-rare-bird-in-the-syrian-desert-explorers-journal/

Northern%20Bald%20Ibis.gif

New Hope for a Rare Bird in the Syrian Desert, Explorers Journal

A few years back, Gianluca Serra found a legendary bird thought extinct in Syria, with funds from National Geographic’s Committee for Research and Exploration. Now Serra is trying to forge a stable population of these ungainly creatures, with a little help from a prince and some first ladies.

The northern bald ibis was considered extinct in Syria for more than 70 years, according to the scientific literature. Tell us about how this legendary bird was rediscovered — and when and where.

We rediscovered the bald ibis on a remote cliff of the Syrian desert in April 2002, following clues from local hunters and Bedouin nomads as part of a general fauna survey of the area. The birds were the oriental subspecies of northern bald ibis, which had not been seen for many years.

It might be extinct now. Intercepted ISIS phone call; Tastes like chicken!