Scenario unit points?

The manual states that you will see the point values of units in the unit selection process when using the editor, presumably what you would also see in a QB, but without  purchase limitations. I do not see this in the editor, just the usual information about standard or common units, but no point values for them in order to create a balanced game. Why can't I see the point values?

7 hours ago, IanL said:

@Wicky that looks like a QB screen.

@dominick, where in the manual does it say points are displayed in the scenario editor? As far as I know the points are not available in the scenario editor.

Engine Manual Ver 4.00

Page 97:

'Note: Purchase and Rarity points are shown in the Editor to provide guidance on balanced force compositions for Scenario Authors, but play no other role. A “+” after the purchase point value indicates a “lowest case” value for certain formations.'

And Page 99:

'The choices made here may affect the point value of the formation that they apply to. This is why the points listed under Activated Troops may differ from the “typical” point values shown under Available Troops for the exact same formations.'

Both pages are part of the Mission Editor section of the manual (and yes I am surprised too :o about references to purchase point in the editor section because I spend more time in the editor than QB screens and have never seen points values in the former).

7 hours ago, IanL said:

Ah - why the face! But it is not there in CMBN that I checked yesterday. Is there a toggle key to turn it on? How did I miss this / forget about this ;)

Precisely the point - it ain't there based on my visits to the CMBN and CMBS editor in the last 24 hours but the manual says it is, hence the OP's original question. I think there is a conflict between the manual and the game itself.