3 hours ago, Mord said:

HOLY CRAP, my brother got me Battle Brothers on Steam and it is just KILLER! I LOVE the art style and the game play is really deep. So, I'll be chopping but it'll be heads instead of wood!   

Below is a link at the Few Good Men Gaming club you might find interesting.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/battle-brothers-bloody-addictive-game.25887/

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Below is a link at the Few Good Men Gaming club you might find interesting.

Thanks. funny, I was looking at the dates when they first started the thread and that's about when I first saw the game and completely dismissed it as stupid (just like I did with CMBO) and a year or so later here I am. The art really turned me off when I first saw it. I thought the bust look was idiotic. For some reason I caught some game play videos a few months back and man after that I was hooked. Been dying to get it ever since. I am absolutely in love with the art style now. I think this one is gonna be gnawing at me for a long time. I have that same feeling of excitement as I did with CM too. The battles are so visceral and the stories that come out of the game play are just crazy cool. The depth is deceiving.

They just announced a new DLC today! They're gonna be adding a Nordic/Rus inspired faction. I hope they make twenty more, the game is that good. I'd love to see them add Arab and Oriental and/or Samurai style factions later on. The pseudo historical feel and low-fantasy is really a great selling point for me. I am digging the grim, medieval Germanic atmosphere.

For any of you guys that are fans of The Black Company books. THIS is your game!

Mord.

4 hours ago, ironsturm said:

FoG II is in my top 3 of permanent games (CM too).

I am right there with you! My favorite franchises now are Combat Mission, Field of Glory II (including Pike & Shot and Sengoku Jidai) and Total War. I drug my feet about getting FoG II for over a year but watching lots of YouTube play throughs and reading some in-depth reviews and forum posts finally decided it. I talked to my father the day after my birthday and he asked me what I wanted and I said Steam wallet funds, so I ended up getting some good stuff and FoG II was at the top of the list.

The end of 2018 and beginning of 2019 have been the most excited I've been gaming-wise in years. It pays sometimes to be late to the party.

5 hours ago, ironsturm said:

FoG will also have a new add-on in a near future (medieval/viking era ?).

Yes! I've been checking every day to find out what it's gonna be. I am so enamored with the game I'll be happy no matter what it is. Part of me wants more ancients and part of me wants them to forward the time frame. I am chomping at the bit for the Crusades but that's probably a couple DLCs away, which is fine. I am REALLY hoping they'll add some siege rules at some point, even if they are basic. There's so much they could do to expand the awesomeness. But I haven't even scratched a scratch on a scratch on the tiniest tip of the iceberg so I have plenty to keep me occupied with the base and four DLCs. I am drowning in content and loving it.

Mord.

2 hours ago, Mord said:

talked to my father the day after my birthday and he asked me what I wanted and I said Steam wallet funds

Good grief... my dad wouldn't have understood a word and would probably given me a wallop for being sarcastic or summat!  

I see these students using their smart phones to pay at supermarkets now...  

Maybe BF could start an eldercare business/independent living facility where us "more experienced" humans can play CM2 and CM3 and CM4 etc without the new fangled hassles...?

4 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Good grief... my dad wouldn't have understood a word

LOL. I wrote that to simplify what took place. I didn't exactly say Steam Wallet to him. I had to explain it. But if you don't know, all a Steam wallet is is an account that you transfer funds into. Same thing that happens when you get a Steam Gift Card or an Amazon Gift card, you load the amount into your user account and whatever you purchase is subtracted from the total.

Mord.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:13 PM, Mord said:

<snipped>

Field of Glory II is the biggest surprise so far, though it shouldn't have been considering I like Pike & Shot and Sengoku Jidai. That whole rules system is like a more relaxing version of Total War. I have completely fallen for it. They could make DLC for the next ten years and I'd get every bit.

<snipped>

Mord.

FGM also has a Field of Glory II fanbase as well --> http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/field-of-glory-ii.447/

• 5 months later...

Yo, Mord, my good man and fine fellow, Master for Arcana of Photoshopic Arts, and Combat Mission aficionado extraordinaire. 

Besides such manly portraits of Albion's sons, have you ever considered modifying the CMFI base US infantry uniforms to include US Army Division shoulder patches?  Would you consider doing so for the mere enhancement of already highest esteem to your honored self?  You've already researched the units present in your wondrous Unit Portraits mod's.

As I recall, the USA WW2 MTO divisional units are:

• Fortress Italy 1943 = 1st, 3rd, 9th, 34th, 45th, and 82nd Infantry Divisions / 1st and 2nd Armored Divisions
  • Gustlav Line + 36th Infantry Division
  • Rome to Victory + 10th, 85th, 88th, 91st, and 92nd Infantry Divisions

Plus 1st Special Services Brigade, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Ranger Regiments, and 442nd RCT.

What say you to such a worthy request?

56 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Yo, Mord, my good man and fine fellow, Master for Arcana of Photoshopic Arts, and Combat Mission aficionado extraordinaire. 

Besides such manly portraits of Albion's sons, have you ever considered modifying the CMFI base US infantry uniforms to include US Army Division shoulder patches?  Would you consider doing so for the mere enhancement of already highest esteem to your honored self?  You've already researched the units present in your wondrous Unit Portraits mod's.

As I recall, the USA WW2 MTO divisional units are:

• Fortress Italy 1943 = 1st, 3rd, 9th, 34th, 45th, and 82nd Infantry Divisions / 1st and 2nd Armored Divisions
  • Gustlav Line + 36th Infantry Division
  • Rome to Victory + 10th, 85th, 88th, 91st, and 92nd Infantry Divisions

Plus 1st Special Services Brigade, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Ranger Regiments, and 442nd RCT.

What say you to such a worthy request?

I think he has some of these already in CMBN.

82nd - by Regt

2nd Armd

1st, 3rd, 9th, 45th   Pretty much anything that went on to serve in NW Europe. I am pretty sure he intends to complete his work for CMFI

@Mord could confirm. :D

Edited by sburke

Actually it was Mjkerner that created those and he did some for Italy as well as BN.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2166

You may, or may not have to rename the files. I haven't looked at them in a while.

As for me doing some. I couldn't say yes or no. I have a ton of modding going on with the portrait updates.

Mord.

15 hours ago, sburke said:

I think he has some of these already in CMBN.

82nd - by Regt

2nd Armd

1st, 3rd, 9th, 45th   Pretty much anything that went on to serve in NW Europe. I am pretty sure he intends to complete his work for CMFI

@Mord could confirm. :D

Right.  Such mods do exist for CMBN.  The units I mention are not modded for CMFI.

18 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Right.  Such mods do exist for CMBN.  The units I mention are not modded for CMFI.

There were uniform mods with the American divisional patches made specifically for CMFI by mjkerner.  I'm currently using the 45th Infantry ones for a Sicily scenario.

Those uniform mods were released in Fall 2012 and probably only on the now defunct Repository.  I could not find them on CMMODS2.  I could email them to you if you're interested.  However, they only cover the U.S. divisions that saw combat on Sicily and only the "tropical" uniforms.

17 minutes ago, Mord said:

I linked to them above.

Here it is.

Mord.

Unfortunately, that mod is out-of-date (made prior to the 2.0 upgrade that changed how uniforms .bmps were labeled).  So, everything would have to be renamed in order to get it to work.

Further, it's just khaki uniforms.  No greatcoats.  No winter uniforms.  No tropical uniforms.  In fact, it was made prior to CMFI even being released for people who wanted to make Italian theater scenarios or quick battles with CMBN.

MJKerner did make an American uniform mod specifically for CMFI (ie. works with the 2.0 upgrade uniform changes), but it's only for Sicily scenarios: just tropical uniforms.

Edited by Myles Keogh

42 minutes ago, Myles Keogh said:

MJKerner did make an American uniform mod specifically for CMFI (ie. works with the 2.0 upgrade uniform changes), but it's only for Sicily scenarios: just tropical uniforms.

Nope, he did a mainland Italy one as well. Take a longer look at CMMODS.

Ez made that old mod, mjkerner simply added divisional patches to them. They look sorta dated so I'm sticking to the former to which I've added div patches myself and modtagged the relevant scenarios. (Sadly not much I can do for the campaigns apart from moving files around)

Edited by Frenchy56

26 minutes ago, sburke said:

All they need is the correct name and would be usable.  

Would you mind confirming that?  Last time I checked, CMFI uses specific 1943 uniform models which the CMBN 1944 uniform skins didn't fit.  I could be mistaken though; memory isn't the only body part letting me down these days . . .  :huh:

4 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

Nope, he did a mainland Italy one as well. Take a longer look at CMMODS.

Ez made that old mod, mjkerner simply added divisional patches to them. They look sorta dated so I'm sticking to the former to which I've added div patches myself and modtagged the relevant scenarios. (Sadly not much I can do for the campaigns apart from moving files around)

I checked every mod for CMFI on CMMODS2 and although some of mjkerner's mods are there (I was mistaken) it appears that some of it is either out-of-date or missing.

These mods were made specifically for CMFI:

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2089 (This is a partial version of his Sicily uniforms mods covering only the 1st, 9th, 45th, and 82nd Airborne.  I could not find the mods that he made covering the 3rd, 34th, 36th, 509th PIR, 1st Armored, and 2nd Armored that were made specifically for CMFI and which I do have.  If they're there then please link them for others.)

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1797 (His Nissei mod.)

Out-of-date mods (Uniform mods covering Italian theater divisions that mjkerner made for CMBN.  All the files would have to be renamed in order to get them to work.)

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2163& Covers airborne units

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2166&  Covers all infantry divisions from the MTO but only their khaki uniforms (This is same mod that Mord linked above.)

EDIT:  Mord, sorry to screw-up your thread with off-topic stuff and your new portrait work looks fantastic!

Edited by Myles Keogh

1 hour ago, Badger73 said:

Would you mind confirming that?  Last time I checked, CMFI uses specific 1943 uniform models which the CMBN 1944 uniform skins didn't fit.  I could be mistaken though; memory isn't the only body part letting me down these days . . .  :huh:

I think we are talking two different things here.  Mord doesn't do uniform mods, he does UI icons. @IICptMillerIIis the one who did the CMSF2 uniform patches.

Edited by sburke

1 hour ago, sburke said:

I think we are talking two different things here.  Mord doesn't do uniform mods, he does UI icons. @IICptMillerIIis the one who did the CMSF2 uniform patches.

Right.  We are.  I know @Mord does stupendous UI Mods.  I was asking whether he might consider doing a set of straightforward CMFI uniform mods; adding specific US Army division patches (which he uses for such UI mods) to the CMFI base game uniforms because the CMBN uniform mods with those patches are unusable in CMFI.  I never mentioned CMSF.

38 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Right.  We are.  I know @Mord does stupendous UI Mods.  I was asking whether he might consider doing a set of straightforward CMFI uniform mods; adding specific US Army division patches (which he uses for such UI mods) to the CMFI base game uniforms because the CMBN uniform mods with those patches are unusable in CMFI.  I never mentioned CMSF.

yeah slowly dawning :D  My confusion started with the units as I automatically jumped to UI, that is pretty much Mord's specialty and he had done some for CMBN that are usable for CMFI..... I didn't make the leap to models.  I gave my old CMBN uniform mods a try and it doesn't work there now either.  I forget which version updated the models whether it was 2 or 3.  Bummer.  I exploded the BRZs for CMBN and CMFI and yeah, the two games still handle it differently as well...bummer.  I'll second your request for someone to mod unit patches.  I really love having them in game.